News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

POKÉMONS!!!

Started by Redwaller, June 22, 2012, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new Pokemon?

Yes
No
Dunno

Lutra

Hopefully the Pokemon fans here don't take what I say the wrong way, but I am very surprised the series has lasted and survived as long as it has, games, tv show, whatever.  I thought it was destined to die ages ago when all the of the "battle" type card games lost their popularity to the stuff made for iphones, xbox, wii, playstation... etc.

What makes it live on?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

Dunno, maybe because some bored people still play it and ask for more?  ;)

Kitsune

I guess it's just too popular!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

An' zeveral o' uz ztill prefer collectin' ze cardz taae!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

W0NWILL

I was playing through White again, and I got my first(legit) shiny pokemon! It was a Sewaddle I called Sparky. ;D

Redwaller

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

W0NWILL

Basically alternative colours. They're the same as normal pokemon, just look different. They're seen as prizes and the like. They're very rare too, that's why the online community makes such a big deal out of them.

On another note, Sparky's now a Swadloon. Sparky doesn't suit him much anymore, though.

And on Pearl I cheated to get a shiny Skorupi. :P

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

W0NWILL

Redwaller

I just played Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, and got the Legendary Trio(Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos). I have three of the statues, and am Diamond Rank.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah've got Articuno an' Zapdoz on FireRed. Juzt vone more tae gae...(caught zem boz vith great ballz taae!)

Tam and Martin

I don't play Pokémon.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

MeadowR

When Pokemon first came out over here I became obsessed and had loads of the merchandise. :D I have up to Crystal on Game Boy Colour as I don't have any new game consoles since then. Those older games remain very enjoyable! Don't know enough about the new ones except that at times it seems like they're running out of design ideas.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, zey zeem tae get cuter each generation.