The Power of Three
0 (0%)
Omen of the Stars
1 (11.1%)
Dawn of the Clans
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

W0NWILL

Survivors aren't by the real Erin Hunter, it's too choppy for that. And I trust Dawnwing with Warriors information.

On another note, I am writing a fanfiction of Warriors.

Someone to Lean On - Prologue
Frostbite had been hard the winter I lost my leg. Of course, it was hard every winter, if you lived on a mountain. We called ourselves Snowclan. Apparently we named ourselves after some groups of cats that called themselves clans. That was so long ago everyone thought that was a myth, until Mask came. She was better at storytelling than the elders. Don't tell them I said that. She came from the south and told us of them. There was four, Thunder, Wind, River, and Shadowclan. They sounded a lot like us, with warriors and medicine cats and deputies. I longed to meet them, find a place where the snow didn't fall every day. That dream was to come true, though not in the way I expected it.
[close]

Skipper

Quote from: W0NWILL on September 27, 2012, 07:28:13 PMSurvivors aren't by the real Erin Hunter, it's too choppy for that.
What do you mean by that?

W0NWILL

QuoteSurvivors is just being marketed as an Erin Hunter book even though there's nothing connecting it to the people who have been writing Warriors and Seekers for the last decade.

Quotethey're using the popular Erin Hunter name to sell more copies, rather than selling it under its own merit as a new author's book.

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: Skipper on September 27, 2012, 07:15:53 PM
Hoping to get it soon, also why are you having a hard time reading it?
This is my own personal opinion.
Spoiler
It's horrible! I can barely get past the first few chapters! You may enjoy it, but I clearly do not. I just like Warriors sooo much better.
[close]
Quote from: W0NWILL on September 27, 2012, 08:17:12 PM
QuoteSurvivors is just being marketed as an Erin Hunter book even though there's nothing connecting it to the people who have been writing Warriors and Seekers for the last decade.

Quotethey're using the popular Erin Hunter name to sell more copies, rather than selling it under its own merit as a new author's book.
Really? That's.... Odd. Though I'm glad, because the Erin Hunters are waaaay better than this person.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Dawnwing

A preview of Yellowfang's Secret has come out - it contains the first 7-and-a-half chapters.
http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinside/index.aspx?isbn13=9780062082145&pid=5000000

Yeah, I still haven't read Surviviors yet; I'm not all that enthusiastic about it.  It seems like quite a few of the younger fans like it, but a lot of people dislike it.  The most common complaints are "too much dog jargon" and "too choppy".   I'm going to get it from the library if I ever feel like it (reading plenty of other stuff right now), but not buying it.

Redwallfan7

Wait... Survivors is about dogs? I might want to give them a try. I like Warriors but I've always been more of a dog person than a cat person. No offense to any cat fans on this board.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on September 28, 2012, 05:36:04 AM
Wait... Survivors is about dogs? I might want to give them a try. I like Warriors but I've always been more of a dog person than a cat person. No offense to any cat fans on this board.
None taken! We all have opinions. I love dogs too, but I just couldn't stomach Survivors. Blah.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Redwallfan7

Well, I'll have to read the first one and judge for myself.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Skipper

Quite a long preview, looks good!

Rainshadow

Wow, I just finished Yellowfang's Secret.  It was amazing!  Probably my favorite of all of the Super Editions.  It fought hard for 1st place, but I like it more than Crookedstar's Promise.  That one made me cry so much!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

phoenixfoden

i seen them in the bookshop the other day and was stuck between the tuggerung or one of them.

Rainshadow

Oh, I feel so sorry for you!  I would be torn if I could only choose Taggerung or a Warriors book.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

I haven't finished reading Yellowfang's Secret yet; too busy with schoolwork.

phoenixfoden

what book is the first in the series?

Rainshadow

Into the Wild is the first in the original series.