News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Redwall Abbey Times [[[Office]]]

Started by Trigoma, August 12, 2012, 09:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

Sorry about my absence guys. I have the finished issue in my inbox and I will shortly update it, color code it, and make it complete.

VP, we need to have a talk, too.

~Trig~
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Rainshadow

Well, I thought that the second issue was really great!  Good job everyone!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Trigoma

I am hoping to make the third issue a little more lengthy and sophisticated. Article writers, you will be taking on some extra sections to write. Sorry, but we are short of employees. Another brief message will be going out on Sunday or Monday. But other then that, this was not bad for our first time!

~Trig~
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Trigoma

Sorry for the double post.

My VP and I have decided on a few ideas that we think would do well in the next releases. We are looking at some new sections and sub-sections. The ultimate verdict is up to the article writers. With these extra sections, it would increase the work load on them. Here are the new ideas:

1: Questions and Answers- In this section, it would be like a standard news paper. In a news paper I get they have a "Dear Abby" section. Well, with our paper, we can have a designated person write this section. It can be VP, editor, president, or article writer. Of course, the people who asked the questions would remain anonymous, and the writer of this section can remain anonymous if they wish, also.

2: Help Wanted- This section would be used for forum members who are asking for help with fanfic/RP's/other things.

3: Favorite Song of the Week- We start with the president. He will say one of his favorite songs, and it will be posted in one of the weekly issues, along with some lyrics.Next is the VP. They will say their favorite song and it will be posted in a different weekly issue, along with some lyrics.
Then it goes to the editor, cartoonist, and the article writers. All of them post a song for every week an issue comes out.

4: New Members- This would be a sub-section. This sub-section would be placed in the announcements section. We would announce every new member that week. The only problem is we need to figure out which ones are spam bots and which ones are not.

Say what you think of these ideas. :P

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

Rainshadow

For the 'Questions and Answers' part, would it change so everyone could have a chance to answer a question?  Or would it always be the same person?  Because I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but someone could send either Trig or Redwaller a question, and they could forward it on to everyone else.  Then we could all give our best answers to the question and you two could choose the best of those.  I don't know how good the idea is, I just think that it would be more fun because everyone could answer if they wanted to.  You don't have to choose that way to do it, it's just a thought.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

UNKN0WN

-comment removed-

Tiria Wildlough

It might be more fun to have drawn cartoons.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 19, 2012, 10:42:21 PM
It might be more fun to have drawn cartoons.
Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on August 19, 2012, 10:40:55 PM
funny you guys have a cartoonist for your news paper because I draw cartoons  ;)

Well thanks ever so much for ousting me from my position!  >:(  :P  >:(
I can't do anything on this Forum in a topic without someone being unhappy with either what I say, or the work I do!  >:(
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

Don't be like that. Not everything has happened that way. And I was just making a suggestion, not criticizing you.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

UNKN0WN

look....

I'm not going to oust you from your position.

In fact, I've never seen your work! I'm not judging.

Rainshadow

*Gasp!*  If you've never seen his work, just go to the Redwall Abbey Times Issue 2 topic.  It's awesome!

UNKN0WN

WOW! great work danflorreguba on the RAT (Redwall Abbey Times)!

PS: Is there a shorter way to say your name besides danflorreguba?

Redwaller

We call him Dann.

And I will discuss this with Trig.

For further suggestions, PLEASE pm me!

Dannflower Reguba

I only wrote the caption... I could only WISH to draw like that... WONWILL gives me the pics, and I caption them.

BTW

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 19, 2012, 11:07:50 PM
Don't be like that. Not everything has happened that way. And I was just making a suggestion, not criticizing you.

When have we ever agreed on ANYTHING?

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on August 19, 2012, 11:49:16 PM
WOW! great work danflorreguba on the RAT (Redwall Abbey Times)!

PS: Is there a shorter way to say your name besides danflorreguba?

Dannflower

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on August 19, 2012, 11:09:03 PM
look....

I'm not going to oust you from your position.

In fact, I've never seen your work! I'm not judging.

Just the fact that you write your own cartoons is going to make people want YOUR stuff over someone who can only caption stuff.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Quote from: Redwaller on August 19, 2012, 11:52:28 PM
For further suggestions, PLEASE pm me!

Whoops!  Forgot about that.  Sorry!  I'll try to do that next time.