News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on June 26, 2016, 01:33:54 AM

I just went to the greatest Thai restaurant ever. And I did the most stupid thing I've done in a while... I ordered Thai Spicy there.

Now I've got a good tolerance for spicy food, I've gotten Thai Spicy at restaurants in places like Corpus Christi and Austin before, but this place brings Thai spicy to a whole new level. I am not joking, it was like I was crying my eyes were watering so bad, and my nose was getting runny as I shoveled the stuff in. It was like amazing torture.  ;D

I must have gone through six big glasses of water, and it was great food, but I don't think I'll be ordering Thai Spicy there again. ;)

What's Thai Spicy? I've been to Thailand and I've never seen anything of the like there.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on June 26, 2016, 03:21:26 AM
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on June 26, 2016, 01:33:54 AM

I just went to the greatest Thai restaurant ever. And I did the most stupid thing I've done in a while... I ordered Thai Spicy there.

Now I've got a good tolerance for spicy food, I've gotten Thai Spicy at restaurants in places like Corpus Christi and Austin before, but this place brings Thai spicy to a whole new level. I am not joking, it was like I was crying my eyes were watering so bad, and my nose was getting runny as I shoveled the stuff in. It was like amazing torture.  ;D

I must have gone through six big glasses of water, and it was great food, but I don't think I'll be ordering Thai Spicy there again. ;)

What's Thai Spicy? I've been to Thailand and I've never seen anything of the like there.

@Lord Ashenwyte: My best guess is that it's some sort of food that's  the equivalent of hot Mexican salsa. Or in cayenne pepper range? :P (Not very helpful am I?)

Søren

Thai food is really, really spicy. Way hotter then anything Mexico has to offer. (I should know, I've been there) Although I'm unfamiliar with a dish called "Thai Spicy".

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

Thai Spicy isn't a dish, it's the level of Spicy you can get. There is mild, medium, hot, extreme, and Thai Spicy.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

I feel like Chris Osgood, trying to type with this different keyboard layout. It's so slow and more than half the time I hit the wrong keys. It's embarrassing.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

CASSANDRA CLARE IS WRITING A FULL-LENGTH TRILOGY ABOUT MAGNUS BANE! I AM SO READY!
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jet the binturong on June 28, 2016, 12:47:36 AM
CASSANDRA CLARE IS WRITING A FULL-LENGTH TRILOGY ABOUT MAGNUS BANE! I AM SO READY!

THAT IS AMAZING.

James Gryphon

Made a rule proposal post for the dueling tournament in the super-secret staff board. It will be a Thing™.
« Subject to editing »

Rosie Willowwater

Ok I finally stole the party gif from Amber! HAPPY 100 PAGES OF AWESOME

Lady Ashenwyte

RAAAGH! *Starts murdering random members with chainaxe*

James Gryphon

Working on trying to set up my Mac Pro to triple-boot.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte