News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Dragon Cave!

Started by Dannflor, September 05, 2012, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

I've noticed something weird happen when I view my scroll directly (i.e., with the URL dragcave.net/user/LadyRowena, as opposed to viewing it with the URL dragcave.net/dragons). Every time I refresh the page, my eggs and hatchling each gain another view. Every time. And I'm pretty sure you can't give views to your own dragons. I do have them in rotation on Egg Drop Soup, but that doesn't explain it. 'Cause when I'm on dragcave.net/dragons and I hit refresh, they don't gain views like that.

What's really odd is that I'm only viewing my scroll, not a dragon itself. Anyone else experiencing this glitch?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Mask

Whoops, forgot to mention I call Nocturnes Limestones or Gargoyles.

@I just tried it out. You're right. Apparently we can give clicks to our own dragons somehow.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

rachel25

Didn't you know? You can click on your own dragons. When I get bored, or I'm waiting for someone to post, I go, and click my dragons. But you can't just sit on one page, and keep clicking it though. You have to go to a different page each time, or it doesn't work.

Anyway, I want to show off all me dragons, so here they are!

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

@Mask and Rach: I know you can give clicks to your dragons (once per day per dragon, I believe), but I was almost certain you couldn't give views. But anyway, I thought a dragon only gains views when someone actually views the dragon, not just the owner's scroll. Odd...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Mask

@Jet
Would you be willing to trade something for a silver egg?
http://dragcave.net/user/superhigh5 Thats my scroll so anything you think you want I can try and breed it with you.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Jetthebinturong

I would be willing to trade a silver egg for a Bronze Shimmerscale (I don't think the colouring on the Gold Shimmerscale works very well) or a Thunder Dragon

Anything you would be willing to trade a Cassare or an Undine for on my scroll?

The Mask

Jetthebinturong

Sorry, I tried to breed my Silver and it failed, I'll try again when I can

I'd take that link down and wait for it to expire if I were you

EDIT: NO LONGER NEED CASSARE

The Mask

That's okay. I cancelled the trade.

Unimaginative

I just came up with a naming thing for my Dragons. They all have Latin names that describe them.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Jetthebinturong

I try to name them based on their code with a few exceptions. Some I name after dragons from my own stories and some I already had a name for as soon as I saw them

Cornflower MM

About half my dragons have Irish names. . . . With a few modifications, of course. . . . Google Translate is quite nice. . . . Here's my scroll:

http://dragcave.net/user/Songbreeze414

Rusvul

Yes... A few interesting irish names. I've heard many things about the wonderful Bubbly-Butt clan.