News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Doctor Who Thread (Rebooted Series or Doctors 9+)

Started by AxeHound, October 15, 2012, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

WHAT? WHY NOT?  :o

(In reply to statement 2)

In my opinion Capaldi looks like he's going to be a great Doctor. If it's because he's not young and attractive, I suggest you go back and watch Jon Pertwee's episodes, he's my favourite Doctor and quite old.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Mask on July 17, 2014, 11:42:20 PM
I actually really didnt like The time of the Doctor. Nor am I looking foward to Capaldi.

I agree with you on the first statement.  The Time of the Doctor was a rather... strange episode, in my opinion.  I mean, how did the Doctor die, exactly?  I mean, yeah, he got more juice in his system and then suddenly exploded with energy?  Was that a death?  Did he die of old age?  I couldn't tell.  BUT OH MY GOSH AMY AND HIM TOGETHER MADE ME CRY.  That was one of the scenes I liked from that episode.  Also Clara and him meeting Clara's family.  ;D

As for not looking forward to Capaldi, I'm just looking forward to new episodes.  It's been way too long since I've watched Doctor Who, and while I'm nervous about if I or other Whovians will accept Capaldi, I'm also slightly excited to see how he'll do.  It's good for change every now and then.  (That does not mean, however, that I won't miss 11.  Matt Smith was amazing in that role, and I will miss him.  But life must go on, and Smith's had a good run.  I think it was good that he left when he did, or else the show might get old.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 17, 2014, 11:56:11 PM

In my opinion Capaldi looks like he's going to be a great Doctor. If it's because he's not young and attractive, I suggest you go back and watch Jon Pertwee's episodes, he's my favourite Doctor and quite old.
No it's not because he's old or whatever,I too love Pertwee, Hurt too as the War Doctor. I just REALLY didn't like him at the end of the Time of the Doctor. His lines seemed cheap and I felt like he was trying too hard. That said, I am looking foward to the new Master, whoever that may be.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Mask on July 18, 2014, 04:39:00 AM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 17, 2014, 11:56:11 PM

No it's not because he's old or whatever,I too love Pertwee, Hurt too as the War Doctor. I just REALLY didn't like him at the end of the Time of the Doctor. His lines seemed cheap and I felt like he was trying too hard. That said, I am looking foward to the new Master, whoever that may be.

If you think about it, it was his first lines as the Doctor.  They're bound to not be good, 'cause you need to have a little bit more than 2 lines to get the feel of your character.  I think he'll do just fine, once he's gotten his own personality to shine through.  We barely got a glimpse of him in The Time of the Doctor, so I don't think it's fair to judge his acting abilities just yet.  ;)  That's just my personal opinion, though.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

Yeah fair enough, never judge a Doctor by his  first lines hey? Oh well. I'll be watching him anyway so I guess I'll get used to him.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Firehawke

It goes along with the fact that his regenerations don't always start off on solid footing.  The Fifth Doctor had trouble stabilizing and the Sixth Doctor started of with a bit of a mental breakdown (talk about nuts!).

Have any of you seen the full trailer yet???

I can't wait to see how
Spoiler
The Master comes back!!!
[close]
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Firehawke

Just a couple of days to go!!!

Anyone else excited???

Rainshadow

Very!  I've been watching a lot of the marathon this week so I could see trailers and stuff, as well as I watched all the new specials.  ;D

Firehawke

My family's been watching a lot of the marathon, too...plus some classic stuff!  So much Doctor Who to watch, not enough time!

Rainshadow

Amen.  ;D  I watched An Adventure in Space and Time last night, and it's safe to say I kinda cried there at the end.  It was a very interesting movie, but that ending...

The Mask

Yep, same Jet. It's coming out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D :D ;) :) ;) :D ;D :o 8)

Rainshadow

What'd y'all think of the new episode?  I personally really like 12 now, much more than I thought I was gonna on his first episode.  Although,

Deep Breath
when he left Clara behind with all the automatons, I was about ready to slap him.  I mean, come on, Doctor, you don't just leave someone behind!  But I forgave him when he came back.
[close]

Favourite parts, everyone?  Least favourite?  (I honestly don't know what my favourite scene is, but I did like the beginning, when we first actually see the Doctor.  That was pretty funny.  ;D)

Jetthebinturong

I love Capaldi as the Doctor, he's my favourite out of the modern four so far and possibly my favourite out of all of them (haven't seen all the classic Doctors)

Spoiler
I think the Doctor pushed the robot. Also good to see Vastra, Jenny and Strax being as BA as they were originally (I think Vastra is my favourite character other than the Doctor. Death-dealing detective lizard lesbians ftw!)
[close]

Unimaginative

I do like Capaldi more that I thought.

Spoiler
I think the robot jumped, but whose that lady in the Promised Land?
[close]

On an unrelated note, whose ready for their mind to be blown.

Peter Capaldi has been in Doctor Who before, in an episode that took place in Pompeii, during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Capaldi's first full episode as the Doctor aired on 1935th anniversary of Mount Vesuvius' eruption.

Coincidence? I think not.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Jetthebinturong

I already mentioned that, one page back I think. He played Caichilleus (sp?) and Karen Gillan was also in that episode (she was the first soothsayer shown)