News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

RP: The Quest for the Sword

Started by Lady_Gwalia, July 10, 2011, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

With the Traveling Players' arrival, Togan and the other dibbuns quickly were able to recapture their bucket, and sneak over to the pond, where they quickly filled it full of water again, and then ran inside and hid by the door. They waited with stifled giggles for a beast to walk through the door.

OOC: The next beast who goes through the door can auto them throwing the water
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lady_Gwalia

Elya was ecstatic. THE Redwall Abby! The legendary place she'd been hearing about since she was a  little one!
Looking across the grounds to the main abbey door she saw a beast, the abbes she thought, walking towards them.

High or the hills, far or the seas,
Fly with the small birds and follow the breeze,
Go with your heart, where would you roam?
Back to the rose colored stones you call home.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Gonff

"Hello, the abbess said smiling at a young squirrel maid, I'm Abbess Rose. Welcome to Redwall Abbey. You must be hungry after your long trek to get here." Leaning closer she whispered, "The Abbey is the best place to be hungry 'cause there's always good food in the kitchens."

Overhearing the abbess, Putley came up to Abbess Rose. "I'm apsaballylotly starving." He commented.

The Abbess lauged, "I never meant a hare that's not! We will be having a feast tonight but meanwhile I'm sure we can dig up a little snack for all of you."

OOC: The feast is tonight isn't it?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

DanielofRedwall

Webbtail and Joey wandered over to the travelogue to introduce themselves. They took an instant liking to this group.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Trigoma

trigoma saw the troupe entering the abbey. "hmm well my brain is sure confused after this 'sword in wrong paws' stuff. ill take a break and see whats up." trigoma walked toward the small gathering, putting on a good face he introduced himself. "hello me mateys! welcome to this abbey. im new myself so its nice to see more newcomers. you can Call me trig. short for trigoma."
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lady_Gwalia

OOC~Yep, the feast is 'tonight' in the story. So if Abbess Rose would like to start the feast, she can :)
High or the hills, far or the seas,
Fly with the small birds and follow the breeze,
Go with your heart, where would you roam?
Back to the rose colored stones you call home.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Nightfire

Lady Amber and Streamblaze continued to stand together side by side until someone spoke to them.

OOC: I'm waiting to speak to someone. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

OOC~ Here you go!

BIC~ Joey, noticing another squirrel, wandered over to Lady Amber. "I don't think I've met you yet. My name is Joey, I'm the abbey warrior," He bowed to Lady Amber.
Then he turned to Streamblaze, "My best mate is an otter, he's just over there. Can you see him? His name is Webbtail,  I'm sure he'd like to talk to you."

Tiria Wildlough

Selah the Black was dreaming.
A mouse strode towards her. He was wielding a magnificent sword, which the pine marten queen recognized as the one Terrus was supposed to steal.
The mouse lifted the sword, and brought it down.
'Noooooooo!'
Selah rolled off her bed with a thump.
The rat advisor, Whitbow, came scurrying in. 'Are you alright, Milady?'
She shot him a murderous glare. 'Of course I'm alright, stupid! Leave me alone!'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

OOC: OK than if you want the feast announced:

BIC: Abbess Rose made her way though the crowd and stopped with her back to the door. "May I have your attention!" She yelled over the hub-bub. When it was quiet she continued,  "I would like to welcome all the newcomers, and announce that if you will all make your way to Great Hall we are ready for the feast." There was load cheering and she was pushed though the doorway. The dibbuns tipped the bucket and it spilled all over the Abbess and a few of the other creatures who were first though the door. "Oh, you little rascals" The Abbess proclamed, then she went about trying to catch them all.

Coming in the door Triss saw what happened "Don't you bother yourself with them Abbess, go on and get out of those soaking clouths" Triss whispered to the Abbess, "I'll take care of the rascals." The Abbess left and Triss announced to the dibbuns "Didn't you hear? The feast is ready in Great Hall. Your going to miss it if you don't get there soon." There was a mass stampede toward the feast and as the dibbuns got settled down the Abbess came out and sat in her chair. She rang the little bell and everyone went quiet.

All who come in peace and friendship stay,
On this the eve of warm midsummer's day.
Good food and drink and , best, good company,
Come share our hospitality for free.
With one condition, as Redwallers say,
If you enjoy it, call another day,
Summer, spring, 'most any time at all,
And find a welcome waiting at Redwall!

The Abbess rang the bell again and the feasting commenced!

OOC: The grace was a modified version of a poem on the last page of Pearls of Lutra. I don't think it was really meant to be a grace, but I thought it fit nicely.
HIAG: I kind of did a mass control of dibbuns so if you want Togan to be some where else some how that's OK.
I also did a mass control of most Redwallers so if anyone else wants their creature not at the feast feel free to make him/her not be.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Redwall Musician

Sundew found herself seated right next to Maypetal.
"I say young chappess, could you stop stuffing your face with salad, and pass me that plate of scones, wot?" Sundew said to Maypetal.
Maypetal looked up from eating, expecting to see a hare. When she saw a mouse, she almost laughed. She then passed her the scones. "I'm Maypetal of the traveling players."
"I'm Sundew."
"Pray tell why you speak like a hare."
"Because I do, and if you got a blooming problem with it, then too bad, wot!"
Maypetal then ignored Sundew and went on to look across the table, to find someone to flutter her eyelashes at. 
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Seated on the other side of Maypetal was Babel, who was currently digging into a delicious mushroom and leek pasty.
He finished and turned to the hare and the mouse.
"Imitation's another form of a compliment, ol' gel. Either makes herself look bad or us look better don't ye know?" He tucked into a another pasty. "No offense of course, marm." he said to Sundew.

~~~

Togan and the other dibbuns had started throwing food back and forth at each other, quietly keeping it to themselves so nobeast would make them behave. Togan threw a vegetable pasty as a mouse, who ducked and it hit a mole instead. The mole retaliated with a custard tart and a scone, which missed Togan and hit a vole. The vole attacked with a plum pudding, which splattered onto Togan.

Suddenly it erupted into an all out war, with pasties and scones and pudding and all manners of food and drink hitting everybeast in the vicinity, with more beasts joining in with each piece that was thrown.

~~~

Babel had just tucked into a nice fresh salad when a barrage of scones bounced off his nose and onto the floor. He looked at the direction that it came from and saw (whoever wants to be the beast that he sees can go ahead), and picked up a mushroom, leek and cheese pasty and threw it at them.

~~~

Meanwhile, Easóg sat hidden from view in a nearby tree, silently watching the abbey. He waited patiently for night to fall.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 06, 2011, 04:24:05 AM
OOC~ Here you go!

BIC~ Joey, noticing another squirrel, wandered over to Nightfire. "I don't think I've met you yet. My name is Joey, I'm the abbey warrior," He bowed to Nightfire.
Then he turned to Streamblaze, "My best mate is an otter, he's just over there. Can you see him? His name is Webbtail,  I'm sure he'd like to talk to you."

OOC: Wrong RP there, Daniel. I'm Lady Amber in this one.  ;D I'm Nightfire in Trouble on the Horizon. It's okay though. Just edit that a bit. :)

BIC: Streamblaze wandered off, and Lady Amber turned to Joey. "Hmm. It's been a while since I've been here, so I hadn't heard that Redwall had a new Abbey Warrior. I'm Lady Amber, fifth Squirrelqueen of Mossflower."
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Gonff

OOC: OK then HIAG you can see Putley. (One of the hares that came with the traveling players)

BIC: Putley had been looking towards Babel when he threw the mushroom, leek and cheese pasty. It hit Putley sqare in the face. "Hey" Putley yelled as the pasty hit him. He picked up an apple turnover and flung it at Babel. Then he ate the pastey off his face commenting to himself. "Top hole scoff, wot!"

OOC: HIAG, you can decide whether the turnover hits Babel or if Babel ducks and it hits someone else. ;D

DanielofRedwall

OOC: haha, thanks Nightfire!

BIC: Webbtail and Joey sat with the traveling players. Joey watched Webbtail closely, noticing him staring at a young ottermaid. "She's a pretty one, isn't she? Why don't you chat to her?" he whispered.
Webb nodded and wandered over.

OOC: The ottermaid isn't someone in particular, just made her up!