News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

RP: The Quest for the Sword

Started by Lady_Gwalia, July 10, 2011, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Babel ducked a pasty thrown by a hedgehog and picked up a slice of cake and threw it at Trigoma.

~~~

Togan picked up a scone and threw it at Lady Amber.

~~~

As the sun slowly started to lower below the horizon, Easóg waited in tree, patiently waiting for it to finish its descent.

OOC: So when is the sword going to be stolen exactly?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Gonff

OOC: Sometime during the feast I think. The food fight would make a good distraction.  ;D

The Abbess found herself being assaulted by a couple dibbuns chucking food at her. "You little rascals! How dare you throw food at your elders?" The Abbess reprimanded them, trying not to laugh at what looked like little messy moving blobs.

"All di elders es chucken foo'. One of the dibbuns reminded her.

"Well, then I guess I can too." The abbess replied as she picked up a bowl of leek and celery soup in each paw and splashed it over the dibbens.

OOC: This is hopeless, now even the Abbess is part of it!  :D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

James Gryphon

Far on the fringe of Great Hall, Terrus sat in front of the only unthrown plate of food, distraught over the scene that was unfolding in front of him.

When he had first come to the blood-colored castle, everything had initially seemed inviting. The gate was friendly, the bricks made for good conversation and the inhabitants had even helped begin a beautiful friendship by introducing water to his robes. The vole had begun to wonder, for all its seemingly benign appearance, if Saral had really been right about the imprisoned sword, and other objects within Redwall Abbey.

Now, though, in the midst of this chaos, Terrus could see that all the pine marten's fears had been entirely justified. He couldn't see the sword well enough at this distance to tell anything in particular about him, and the vole had never had the chance to behold him until just now, but the food was being tormented for no good reason. They wanted to be eaten, but these so-called "Redwallers" wanted to deliberately deprive all of them of that... and worse of all, they were even conscripting young ones into their malicious acts, something he could have never imagined prior to this night.

The silverware Terrus had been provided with seemed consolatory over his distress. "I'll take you out of here with me," the vole promised, as he quietly ate all of the food that had been provided. "Tonight, after this tragedy is over with. Right now it'd be too dangerous. When they're tired out from this atrocity and go to sleep, then we'll rescue the sword and get out of here. That's all I can do for right now."

That said, Terrus the master volethief glanced over the layout of the Great Hall, memorizing every feature. He would need to know everything he could for the prison break tonight.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

OOC: I know that this guy Terrus is supposed to steal the sword, but right now, he sound like an idiotic lunatic. Just an obsevation, but he seems very insane. BIC:

Lady Amber finally sat down calmly and started feasting on a big bowl of hotroot soup,completely disregarding it's spicyness.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

As the sun finally waved goodbye to the day and sunk out of sight, night crept slowly upon the earth. The moon would have been out and shining magnificiently, but it had the fever and was restricted to staying in bed and reading Sherlock Holmes stories instead. Because of this night got fed up with waiting for the moon to come out, stopped slowly creeping up on the earth, took a running jump, and completely covered the earth in darkness.

OOC: In zhort, night haz fallen an' the moon iz in the "new moon" phaze.

BIC: Meanwhile, Easóg crossed onto the abbey wall via a branch. He looked down onto the grounds. There was nobeast there. Probably all at the feast. Easóg thought. He would have said it quietly to himself out loud, but his seasons of experience had taught him better. So instead he took a second look at the empty grounds and quietly descended down to the ground.

He used the shadows to make his way over to the walls, where he could hear the food fight starting to dwindle down as more and more beasts slowly fell peacefully asleep. He quickly crossed in front of the window, glanced in, and crossed out of sight. The Feast is almost over. Easóg thought as he quietly descended back up to the walltops and waited there. Almost time.

During all of this, the moon finished A Study in Scarlet and decided to skip ahead to The Hound of the Baskervilles, only to come to the conclusion that reading the books in order was quite dull, and moved on to The Final Problem, which it heartily enjoyed while drinking a glass full of ice and Ginger Ale.

~~~

Babel was one of the few beasts still going at the food, but even he was starting to slow down. He finished a flan and was going to start on some plum pudding but his paw accidentally slipped, and his head  fell onto his plate. He was going to pick it back up again and continue eating, but found that his plate was quite comfortable to rest his head on and fell asleep instead.

~~~

Togan had fallen fast asleep, covered in all manners of food and drink and clutching a half-eaten mushroom cheese and leek pasty in his little paw.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lady_Gwalia

Tey was sitting at on end of the table, laughing merrily as she watched other beasts chucking food at one another. Ducking stray scones and pasties she continued eating.
~~~~~~~

Elya, never one to miss out on fun had joined in the food fight, chucking food at any poor beast involved in flinging food. She had remained spotless thanks to her good ability to duck. Now, after nearly being struck in the fast with a tart she decided that she had had enough. Fun was fun, but the players must play an odd song or two in payment for such wonderful fare and good company.

Making her way carefully over to her fellow troupe members she informed them of her idea.

OOC~ Sorry I haven't joined in lately. Bit chaotic scheduled right now! So, this is your opportunity to share your favorite Redwall songs and ditties. Post them as part of what the players are playing. Have fun with this! :D
High or the hills, far or the seas,
Fly with the small birds and follow the breeze,
Go with your heart, where would you roam?
Back to the rose colored stones you call home.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Nightfire

OOC: Okay then.

Lady Amber called out a suggestion, and the band started singing. She jumped up and swayed merrily in time with the words.

"The dull old ground is not for me,
I can't stand it somehow.
Just leave me in a good stout tree,
Upon a knotty bough!

'Tis hey ho and up we go,
Above the ground we dwell.
Where every twig and leaf we know,
And every branch right well!

A squirrel, a squirrel so nimble,
Can climb most anywhere.
A tail in a tree is a symbol,
That I'm at home up there!

So ash, oak, rowan or pine,
Stately elm or beech.
They're all fine, they're all mine,
They're all within my reach!"

She clapped her paws merrily and sat down next to Joey, still humming the tune slightly.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

OOC: Nightfire, did you make up that song?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Maypetal wanted dearly to join into the singing and preforming. But she couldn't, due to her pride. Her clothes were dirty, and her face a mess. So she remained under the table.
Sundew was asleep and found herself being woken by Maypetal.
"What do you want? Can't you see I'm listening to the music?" Sundew said to the haremaid under the table.
"Help me! I need you to take me to the pond so I can wash up" Maypetal said.
"I'm sleeping and listening," Sundew said as she fell back into a light sleep.
Maypetal quickly looked around for somebeast to help her. Being new to the abbey, Maypetal didn't know where the pond was. Not knowing what else to do, Maypetal began to cry.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 09, 2011, 09:31:54 AM
OOC: Nightfire, did you make up that song?

OOC: No. I got it from the Legend of Luke book. :D I can write  new song though. I think I will. BIC:

Lady Amber noticed Maypetal hiding under the table, and overheard what she said to Sundew, and she went over and covered her stained dress with her travelling cloak. "Here, I'll take you to the pond. 'Tis over this way." She guided Maypetal towards the far door that would lead out through to kitchen and through the orchard. "I could do with a wash up myself." Amber said, looking down at the huge raspberry stain on the front of her tunic. One of the Redwallers had gotten lucky and caught her off guard, and she didn't have time to dodge it. She saw the silvery light of the moon reflecting on the pond up ahead.

Redwall Musician

Maypetal thanked Amber. She quickly began washing up.
"Can't believe that Babel and Sundew. They seem nice on the outside, but when it comes to food fights, they are evil little vermin," Maypetal said as she washed herself in the pond.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

"Huh. Most Redwallers seem that way when it comes to food fights," she replied as she washed her tunic. "So what's your role in the band of Traveling Players?"

Meanwhile, back inside the abbey, Streamblaze was standing in the center, whirling and twisting in a complicated dance. Every now and then, she would thump her rudder on the stone floor, signalling for all other otters to join her in drumming, and the very ground shook from all of the otters banging their rudders down at the same time. She sang in a clear, ringing voice:

"Waterfalls rage an' churn an' crush,
While rivers tend to turn an' rush.
Ponds lie still an' quiet an' serene,
While streams tend to meander and wane.

O rudders go down
An' the floors will quake.
Paws will stamp
As the earth will shake!

Otters around will clap their paws,
Streambattles will swim
As Wavedogs will dance,
An' All the Wildloughs will siiing...

'O rudders go down
An' the floors will quake.
Paws will stamp
As the earth will shake!' "

Streamblaze Wildlough sat down amidst much applause from the otters.

OOC: And yes, I wrote that song myself. :) Sorry about the lack of rhyming on the second verse, right after the chorus is sung a first time. And the song is meant to be sung very fast.

Redwall Musician

Maypetal did an elegant bow, "I'm soprano, actress, dancer, best at crying, and official complainer. I've been with the players since I was young." A sudden look over came Maypetal. "I don't like being the official complainer, " she said in a serious voice. Then she laughed. "Nothing I can do about it though." And Maypetal finished washing up.

Nightfire

Lady Amber chirred in the way that only a squirrel could. "Do you want to stay away from the craziness of the feast for a bit? I can hear Streamblaze doing her party piece right now, and it can get pretty hectic in there, what with all the otters dancing at the same time.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Due tae the new moon Lady Amber zhouldnae be able tae

Quote from: Nightfire on August 09, 2011, 03:05:40 PM
...She saw the silvery light of the moon reflecting on the pond up ahead.