Crossed Swords Plotting: Swords of Freedom

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 27, 2013, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Is it going to be an issue that the main leadership is all mice? I mean, the main tribe was originally mice, but that isn't the case anymore. Thoughts?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Leatho Shellhound

I don't know, I think we should wait till the rest of the crew give their thoughts on the subject.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Kitsune

Just so you all know, there wasn't a side option on the signup sheet, so I'll say this here. My character wasn't originally mean, so if you persuade him he might, I don't know. Change, I guess. But at the start, be warned! He's your average pirate! ;D

WarriorOfMossflower

@Plugg: *coughCaptainJackSparrowcough*  ;) That's what I thought immediately after reading that. But actually, I think that would make for an interesting sideplot. Hopefully we can all keep it in mind.

@Icefire and Leatho: I think that it really won't matter either way, but it would be nice to see a variety of creatures leading the Swords of Freedom. I suppose they're all leaders in their own way, but for the core leaders I'd say that they should be any species, mouse or squirrel or otter or anything. It doesn't matter to me if they're all mice.
Sora could make a good leader, but she isn't exactly the ambitious type. I have no desire for leadership myself, and that's mirrored in my character. However, Sora could step up to the plate and be a core leader if required. Just throwin' it out there.

Also throwing this out there: I think Sora would get along well with Xbalantie. I suggest a friendship, if dann agrees. Like, at first she may not understand the older squirrel, but maybe she can learn to work with her or something. I dunno. Though Sora rarely lets on, she does have a great deal of bitterness stored up inside her from her slave days.

And with Spera, too. I like the whole three-female-squirrel idea. I think it would be really cool if, even though all three are quite different, they could learn to trust each other and bond together or something. *shrug* It's up to you guys.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Sorry for not posting for a while. I like the idea of spring, and I think Grollo could be a keen thinker, although he's great with a mace. I also think Grollo could be a follower, not jumping into things early.
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

Dannflower Reguba

lol, Buckler thinks he needs to apologize for not posting.  :D Does that mean I have to sign a full confession?  ;)

Man, a guy goes to a Basketball tournament to come back to four pages of reading! Plus all the character descriptions. I haven't read any of the carries yet, and I still need to go back over these pages.  :D

Anyway, I have to say that I agree with the idea of NOT having three mice as the leaders, it starts to appear as a superiority thing, you know what I mean?

AS far as Xbalantie having friends, we'll have to start the RP and see how I handle 'er. Every character I play develops different things about them, and this is my first time using her. Sounds intriguing though.  :)

I'm kinda stuck on the time of year issue, I LOVE to RP with snow and Ice, but it IS a little hard to believe. I'll vote later.

Just gotta say that I LOVE how this is turning out.  :) And personally, I think that we should stick to storyline Tournaments. That way, even if you've got no chance of coming back, you're still included, and it just seems all around more fun.  :)

EDIT:

OH! I was looking over the pages again, and re-noticed the part about fire-swingers. I think that's a GREAT idea. It may have started in the series as a vermin weapon, but used with discretion, it would be an incredibly helpful tool for those far out ships.

DOUBLE EDIT:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE music! And was just wondering if yall would like to have a theme for the RP? My first candidate.

Dreamtide~Adrian Von Ziegler

Dreamtide
[close]
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Icefire

So far as leadership goes, my character does not need to be one of the core leaders. I realize I didn't clearly state what was going through my mind. I was trying to work off of 5 hours of sleep (now I have 6 hours.....we'll see how try #2 works).
Attempt #2 of how my character might fit into the leadership scheme of things:
Because my character is probably going to be older than most of the characters, she might have a hard time viewing some of them as leaders unless she sees them in action as leaders. You see, she realizes it takes more than just good fighting skills to be a leader. She has seen that Timballisto has what it takes, but the others she may see just as good warriors. So, I guess what I'm saying is that my character may not herself be a leader (though she will be very protective of her allies), but she may not immidiately acknowledge other leaders.
.....I feel like that made even less sense the second time. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

WarriorOfMossflower

I understand what you mean, Icefire. I think that'll be interesting.
My problem is that my character's the youngest in the entire RP. T.T I didn't expect everybody to be so old:D Jk. I think I might just leave Sora as how she is, though. It's okay to be young. (And as the saying goes... 'the good die young'. And yes, that could be taken as a very dark hint.)

As for the leadership stuff... I feel like we should make a poll or something. xp Maybe we should wait for Brook on that matter. I don't mind the current system of leadership as we have it right now. Just to be clear on this: Liv and Vannøyne want to be in leadership positions under Timballisto, correct? Anybody else?

And if we want a new topic to discuss... Maybe a motto or, as dann suggested, a theme song? Do we want either? Personally I think both would be cool.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Icefire

I wasn't expecting the charactersto be that old either! I really thought 22 would be old enough. :P
*sigh* Oh, Sora!
So, Timballisto is the head leader, Vannøyne would like to be a leader, Liv could be a leader if needed.
I also think Grollo could develop into a leader, as could Xbalantie.
So, here's another idea I'd like to throw out there, what if we start off with Timballisto as leader (DUH), Vannøyne as a type of leader-in-training under Timballisto, and then later a third who steps into the role later as the story develops? Do you see what I'm saying? A third character who develops into a leader as the story goes and a third leader is needed. It could be someone like Liv, Grollo, or Marcus who wouldn't need too much of a push to become a leader or someone like Xbalantie who would need more of a push or someone like Spera or Nevfae that you totally wouldn't see coming at the beginning of the story. Thoughts?
Just realized I'm posting a ton here. I'm really not trying to dominate this, I just have a tendency to overthink every detail. Let me know if I need to back off.

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Yah Icefire, Grollo could emerge later as a kind of leader. I also think that Nevfae could emerge too.
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

W0NWILL

Nevfae a leader...I just don't see it. Who in their right mind would choose a comedic, tactless hedgehog as a leader? Then again, her as a follower is odd too. She'd be the sort that disregards everything the leaders say, and does the right thing in her own way.

Dannflower Reguba

I could see Xbalantie taking up a leadership roll after some development. I can't really express much of an opinion besides that, I have a lot of reading left.

BTW I'm re-sending my app to Brook with some updates, after reading other apps I realized I was missing stuff.  ::) Also, Brookskimmer never got my weapons message!  :D

@Icefire: Hey! My character is 24! (and 1/2) don't make me feel old!  :D And I personally don't think you're being obnoxious, I find it nice to come back and have something to post about.  ;) This just leads to a better developed story!

@Warrior of Mossflower: Don't you dare.  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

This is all looking very good you guys.

I'm going to go ahead and set this in spring, where it can rain some as needed.

I really like the idea of Tim working with Vann and then some others becoming up and coming leaders as we go.

It is a good idea to plot out how your character will behave before we start. Under normal RP circumstances it works fine to let the plot develop the character however, in tournaments like this having handle on what your character will do is important.

Keep working on interlinking your characters together, it will give you more room to work creatively during the tournament.

You will have until Wednesday or so to finishing plotting before the first posts of the tournament will go up!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 03, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
OH! I was looking over the pages again, and re-noticed the part about fire-swingers. I think that's a GREAT idea. It may have started in the series as a vermin weapon, but used with discretion, it would be an incredibly helpful tool for those far out ships.

Thank you for seeing that.

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 04, 2013, 05:32:08 AM
I really like the idea of Tim working with Vann and then some others becoming up and coming leaders as we go.

Awesome, thanks.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Icefire

So, should we decide beforehand who is going to eventually develop into a leader so we don't have four different characters going at it?

So far with my character:
Friends with Spera
Some tension with Nevfae
Wary of Xbalantie (at first at least)
Loyal to Timballisto, but wary of other leadership at first...
Am I forgetting a relationship in there?
My character tends to be quiet and solemn, so perhaps she sees the others as friends (to protect), but not close (at first at least).

Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 03, 2013, 03:27:24 AM
Just so you all know, there wasn't a side option on the signup sheet, so I'll say this here. My character wasn't originally mean, so if you persuade him he might, I don't know. Change, I guess. But at the start, be warned! He's your average pirate! ;D
Maybe Spera can tackle his one! Rainshadow?