Crossed Swords Plotting: Swords of Freedom

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 27, 2013, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Haha, yep, I think Spera would be able to pull that off.  If she got over her fear of vermin, of course.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Ceteruler

in the whole leadership thing, (I don't remember if I've said this before) Marcus isn't interested. Leading isn't his thing. He's basically a mercernary. :p

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 04, 2013, 01:31:56 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on March 03, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
OH! I was looking over the pages again, and re-noticed the part about fire-swingers. I think that's a GREAT idea. It may have started in the series as a vermin weapon, but used with discretion, it would be an incredibly helpful tool for those far out ships.

Thank you for seeing that.

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 04, 2013, 05:32:08 AM
I really like the idea of Tim working with Vann and then some others becoming up and coming leaders as we go.

Awesome, thanks.

You're welcome? lol.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WarriorOfMossflower

So...anyone wanna discuss how we plan to start off? I don't think I ever really found a clear answer to that. Are we shoring up defenses, or feasting, or what? I hear a little voice chanting "Spring Feast"! As someone mentioned earlier (Leatho, I believe), we could have a lookout sight The Blood Spine, but it the meantime we might as well be celebrating the springtime!  ;D

And also I think it would be great for everyone to work out how exactly we'll introduce our individual characters. Maybe we could have them interacting right off the start, or maybe use a quick flashback in their minds? Just some suggestions for anyone.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

W0NWILL

Starting off, I'd say not a big feast. They've just come out of winter, food stocks are low, they have to make them last until the plants are ready to be eaten. Just them going about on their daily activities. That would mean plowing and planting fields, making arrows or the like, cooking little meals, a lookout....

WarriorOfMossflower

True...that's a great point that I hadn't considered, Wonwill. In that case, I agree with the daily activities thing.

Leatho Shellhound

I had said earlier that the feast would be if it started in the Fall. But we are starting in the spring.

I was wondering, at the begining I will be sitting on top of the cliff wondering is the mouse maid made it though the storm....maybe one of you all could come up and say in a round about way that she died. Comments?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Icefire

That's a very valid point, Wonwill, but think of it this way. We just came out of Winter and now it's like life is starting over again. There is usually joy involved with the advent of spring. I do agree with the lack of feast, but I think we can still celebrate a new beginning. Perhaps utilizing music... ::)

@Leatho: My character enjoys walking the shores, especially on the morning and evening. So maybe, my character is out for a walk, spots your character, and (eventually) engages in conversation.

Oh! Another thought! Perhaps we wait a little while on that scene and one or the other of the partakers on the before mentioned conversation can notice the vermin!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Icefire on March 05, 2013, 06:31:00 AM
@Leatho: My character enjoys walking the shores, especially on the morning and evening. So maybe, my character is out for a walk, spots your character, and (eventually) engages in conversation.

Oh! Another thought! Perhaps we wait a little while on that scene and one or the other of the partakers on the before mentioned conversation can notice the vermin!

Good idea!

click the banner

W0NWILL

That's a very valid point, Wonwill, but think of it this way. We just came out of Winter and now it's like life is starting over again. There is usually joy involved with the advent of spring. I do agree with the lack of feast, but I think we can still celebrate a new beginning. Perhaps utilizing music... ::)

I know, I didn't say anything about no celebration.

Dannflower Reguba

Hee hee >:D I like the top idea.  :P....  ;D

I can be the lookout.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ceteruler

I think Marcus is volunteering very stongly to be the lookout. Fits his character, hm?

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 05, 2013, 04:28:07 PM
Hee hee >:D I like the top idea.  :P....  ;D

I can be the lookout.
Quote from: Ceteruler on March 05, 2013, 08:25:02 PM
I think Marcus is volunteering very stongly to be the lookout. Fits his character, hm?

Hmmm, It looks like three of you want to see the ship first. My thought is, I will be on the cliff as I said before. The one to come up and talk to me has to have soothing words to tell my character that the mouse maid died in the storm. And then we thought that beast would see the ship.

Xbalantie doesn't fit that, sorry.

So....
Liv
Xbalantie
Marcus

Marcus Might work b/c he walks around there , but I don't think "soothing words" is his character, sorry.

So....
Liv
Xbalantie
Marcus

That leaves Liv left, and her personality fit with both serious, and happy.

If we are to do as I said earlier, it would have to be  Liv, or one of the other 5 charaters.

click the banner

Icefire

I have a hard time seeing Xbalantie fitting into that conversation, too. Another thought! Perhaps Liv comes across Vannøyne first and have "the conversation." Then, Marcus (who also likes walking the shores as I recall) comes across us and notices the ship and points it out to us or perhaps confirms that we are seeing a ship if Vannøyne notices it first. At the same time, Xbalantie, who is somewhere else tbd, notices the ship and informs Timballisto. Vannøyne, Marcus, and Liv show up as she's reporting to confirm her report and help gather the troops so to speak.
Thoughts? Am I making this altogether too complicated now?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

WarriorOfMossflower

I think that's a very organized way to put it, actually.
And I suppose, at that time, Sora will be floating around randomly. Or she might sight the ship with Xbalantie, and they both report to Timballisto. Doesn't matter to me. I can always make an epic late introduction!