Tower of the Deep

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 13, 2013, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys was baffled. "Positive and negative what? Um, nevermind. I think I know what Sedge means. Here, I'll-" Rhys attempted to set her tailtip on fire, but all she managed was a wisp of smoke. Which was probably a good thing, actually.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Sorry for the double post, but I figured this needed a bump.

BIC: Rhys continued leading the party east- cautiously. Suddenly, she stopped- it felt like she had just passed through something. Some sort of barrier? She called for the others to stop, then she instinctively said the spell for enhancement of her natural senses. "Augeret confirma." To her great excitement, it worked! She focused on her hearing, and could hear a faint hum, almost like a shimmer of sound in the air behind her. It must be the barrier she had passed through- Rhys tried to put a paw back through it, but it was like trying to move through thick mud. She forced her way back through, and realized that her spell had broken. She couldn't do any more magic either. "There's some sort of barrier here, but it is easier to go forward through it than to come back. And my magic works on the other side, but not here. What do you think, friends? Should we continue, or go back-" she paused as a new passageway opened to the right. Rhys smiled thinly. "-or we can go through there."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Rusvul took a hook from the wall. He threw it at the barrier, muttering "Telum Animus Imperito.." The hook went through the barrier with great ease, but came back much more slowly. The strain of it was evident on Rusvul's face. Eventually, though, the hook flew back into Rusvul's hand. "Alright, let's try this..." He tossed the hook into the other passageway. As it flew through the air, several small darts dripping green somehow somehow managed to impale themselves in the soft lead. The hook fell, and the instant it hit the ground, three crescent blades with glowing red runes on them swung out of a gap where the wall didn't quite meet the floor, and mangled the hook beyond recognition. The hook promptly disintegrated. "Well... That was... strange." Rusvul murmured.

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys tugged her ear nervously. "Uh, yeah. Strange. I propose that we continue on our way, through the barrier. It does seem to be harmless, after all. More so than the side passage, at any rate."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Cable looked at both the barrier and the passage. The passage had seemed harmless, but had turned out to be far from it. The barrier appeared to merely be more difficult to come back through than to traverse originally. "There's probably some new trouble on the other side of that barrier," said Cable. "But its no doubt just as bad if not worse than the passage." He gave a small grin. "I'm with Rhys on this one. Let's go through the barrier."
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

Dusk rolled his eyes "You propose going through the way that is magically protected rather than just throwing something down the other passage and destroying the blades from a distance?" Murlo grinned and slung a stone up the passage, as the blades came out Dusk sent a tornado down after it. When the dust had cleared the blades were still there unharmed "So much for that plan" said Murlo, Dusk glared at him.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

KitrallStreamrippler

"It doesn't seem like it's really protected," Rhys pointed out. "More like it's protecting this side. The barrier is really easy to get through this way, and my magic came back on the other side, remember?"

Rusvul

Rusvul nodded, a grim expression on his face. "Aye, this side is protected, suggesting that there'd be something worth either protecting, or protecting against. And given what we've seen so far, I'd guess the latter. I doubt that there is some kind of treasure on this side. So, if we go through the barrier, we will be exposed to whatever is on that side.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Like I said," Cable said while getting his bow. "Let's get going." And with that he stepped through the barrier.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys smiled inwardly and followed after him. Thank the seasons there's somebeast willing to take the initiative here, she thought.

Dinte

As Rhys and Cable enter the barrier a black scorpion a bit smaller than the average scorpion oddly with a strange glowing red mark on its forehead skitters around the bend of the small passage on the other end of the barrier and it charges towards pincers and tail slashing, screeching in a high pitch.
(OOC: the barrier is a one way barrier you can go in but going out you need a connection on the outside like a rope or not go fully though the barrier so the 2 who hopped through are kinda stuck)
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

Rusvul

Rusvul rushed through the barrier, and attacked the scorpion with his sword, aiming to cut off its tail. The scorpion parried with its left claw, spun, and struck with its tail. Rusvul dropped back and rolled, feinting at its face, but slicing downwards, again at its tail.  He hit it full-on, and yet no damage was dealt. It was just too heavily armored. His mind racing, Rus struck again and again, and to no avail. He slowly came to realize that there was no way that he would be able to kill it, without finding a weak spot. It opened its mouth and hissed at him... Its mouth! If he could kill it from the inside, stab it in the mouth, where it wasn't armored... A mighty shout rang out, "DIE, FOUL BEAST!", as he struck at its mouth. A good inward stab, the blade struck with lightning speed towards the scorpion's unprotected mouth...

OOC: I'm not sure, but someone had a summon scorpion spell, right? That's why I didn't kill this one. If it's unfriendly, my stab misses, I am knocked back, and the fight is prolonged, but we know its weak spot. If it's nice, someone feel free to tackle me.

Dinte

a yell comes from the back of the hallway "Fayt stop right now wot!" the scorpion skitters backwards towards the bend avoiding the thrust at it and a hare wearing nice poof purple pants and a jacket comes out around the bend with a glaive on his back. he pets the scorpions on the head and there is the same mark on his forehead as on the scorpion. he looks towards the others "i am sorry for Fayt's actions he is kinda not very happy we have been stuck here for 2 days with no way out, since that there is a one way barrier, and you three" dinte points to the three of them on this side of the barrier "are stuck here unless someone from the other side of the barrier pulls us through cause its a dead end room round the bend" as he talks to them he gets up and rides on the scorpions  on its back but where the scorpion can still use its claws and tail.

OOC: yes it was my creature and so you missed the shot and thank you for carring
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys took this all in, outwardly passive, before she spoke. "Did you try going through the wall ahead? We've already encountered one that was just an illusion. And as to the barrier- I've already gone back through it. It's just more difficult-" Rhys tried to shove her paw through to demonstrate, but all she accomplished was acquiring a bruise on her knuckles. "Ow! Okay, maybe you're right. Hey! Can you lot on the other side hear us? If you can, DON'T come through! We need you to PULL US BACK!"

Dannflower Reguba

Sedge watched the whole ordeal, "Live and learn, only way they're going to start figuring this place out." In his eyes, they did fairly well... But those were his eyes, who knows what the others might think. The squirrel gently lowered Amos's body to the ground, and extended his staff through the unusual barrier, "One at a time please! These things don't like group passage!"

OOC: You can all just come through, Sedge will pull.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This