News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

RP: To Retake an Abbey

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 21, 2011, 03:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Alenra flicked her huge, hefty tail back and forth impatiently as she waited for Aldar to respond.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Their scouts found the snake I killed earlier, so they can't come immediately. It'll take them about a day, give or take a few hours for them to remove the skin an' the lot." he said, staring up at the sky to determine how late it was. "And as for helping us, they agreed to, so long as they get the adders' skins afterward." Standing up he looked back at Breeze. "As ye were complainin' about who's in charge ealier, ye can lead us back if ye want to."
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Araiah spoke up in a lilting voice. "Can we not be hostile? Alenra, these beasts are our allies, albeit temporarily. And Aldar, might I advise not getting Alenra angry at you? She is the sister of Cluny the Scourge, and is every bit as powerful. We need to work together if we are going to beat these adders." She stamped her tiny footpaw down hard, sending up a small cloud of dust.
"Thanks, mate," Alenra whispered.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"In that case, might I suggest we head back then?" Aldar said, breaking off part of a nearby tree branch to make a rough walking stick.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tiria Wildlough

'Yes, I should think it a good idea not to get Alenra angry,' Tylmela whispered. 'You don't want her for an enemy.'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Alenra marched more alongside Tymela, pointedly ingoring and avoiding Aldar. Araiah took to the trees, bounding across the branches that were right over their heads. The greatrat paused a moment, her ears flicking. "I hear a...bird. It's right above us. I think it's a sparrow. Don't attack it anybeast, leave it to me."
Pretty soon, the grey and black plumage of a sparrow could be seen darting through the trees towards them, and it landed on Alenra's outstreched paw. The rat chittered at the sparrow, and they were soon holding a lengthy conversation in the complicated Sparra tongue. When they were done, the Sparra winged quickly off, and Alenra turned towards the small band. "That was Thunderbeak. She's been a friend of mine for a while. She says that there is a group of creatures at the old badger place. Brockhall, I think it's called. She says that she thinks they're Redwallers. I think it's worth checkin' out." Disregarding whether or not anyone followed them, she and Araiah turned northeast towards Brockhall, and moved off at a pretty fast clip.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aldar had heard the sparrow as well, but allowed Alenra to be the one to get the credit for hearing it. After the bird had landed, Aldar stopped and waited patiently for the rat and sparrow to finish conversing. As the sparrow flew off, the rat made her suggestion and walked off.
So she can speak Sparra. Most interesting.  I wonder if that is all that the two said, and how many other Sparrows there are. And I don't doubt that that squirrel is hiding some secret skill or ability. Best to keep an eye on both of them. Aldar thought, following them.

Gonff

"We can't live like this" Trinn told her father the skipper of otters, "We have to get rid of these Adders."

"I know Trinn. I have decided that we'll make our way towards Redwall, staying to streams and waterways as much as possible. We will leave the young uns and the ole' uns at that tree, that Brockhall place I discovered a couple a years ago. We'll use that as our base and try to find the Redwallers and any other creatures we can convince to 'elp. We aren't great enough in numbers to conquer the adders by ourselves."

"I'll just be glad to be doing somethin'. When da' we start?"

"At dawn tomorror so you best get some sleep."

"I can't Da' I'm on guard duty tonight."

"Well than go relive the other shift, before they think you've been got by the adders."

Trinn scampered off to relieve the day guard.

OOC: I'm not very good at ottertalk.  :-\
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Nightfire

OOC: Hoe exactly did we get so much enmity between our characters?  :D It's fun though. ;D Okay, BIC:

Alenra glanced backwards at Aldar. "I don't trust that pine marten one bit, Araiah. He suspects us. Ah, well. I'll deal with him if he starts trouble."
Araiah snickered. "As long as you don't kill him. I just hope he doesn't discover the Lantern."
"If'n he does learn o' it, and then tries to take it, I will personally throttle him with my bare tail." The young squirrel giggled, looking up at the huge black rat.  The two friends leaned against each other and continued on their quest towards Brockhall.

OOC: Oh, by the way, the Lantern of the Ancients is not magic in any way. It'll be explained later, but it's in my fanfic too. I just forgot to post it on the list of Araiah's possessions. BIC:

Tiria Wildlough

Tylmela followed Araiah and Alenra to Brockhall. She was impressed that the rat could speak the sparrow's language.
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Alenra spotted the huge tree, and gave a whoop. "Eeeeeaaaaayyyyyyhh!!! Broooockhaaaaallll!" she hailed the tree and then calmly sat down to wait. Araiah went over to Tymela. "Alenra knows the creatures here. All we do now is wait until they answer her. We'd best sit down for a bit though. Who knows how long it's going to take before they verify that she's not a vermin." With that, Araiah plunked down on the grass next to the rat.

DanielofRedwall

Foremole Dirtclaw was awoken by the loud yell outside. "Hurr, dorie moi, Oi've must've fallen asleep!" He muttered.
Walking to the door, he opened it to see what the commotion was.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Tylmela stepped forward. 'I am Tylmela Mask. Our friend Alenra heard from a sparrow that you were waiting for us here.'
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Alenra chuckled slightly at how Tymela had immediately taken charge. The greatrat stepped forward and spoke up. "My name's Alenra Silverclaw. I've been friends with Thunderbeak an' 'er tribe for many a long season. She told me that there were Redwaller s seeking refuge from the adders here at Brock'all. Is that true?"

Redwall Musician

Breeze stood behind the group. She had remained silent for most of the trip. She simply watched Alenra and Tylmela talk to the ones from Brockhall.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."