News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Prison topic

Started by rachel25, August 17, 2013, 01:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

She simply said, "You have seen the dark one! The one who's eyes are blood! We are all doomed!" She then started to mumble in a strange language that didn't sound like Gadnain. She wandered away into the forest still mumbling.
Delifor sighed. "Don't take this the wrong way Miss, but that was stupid. She's a crazy beast and has been known to attack travellers."
Drimun shook his head and said. "That doesn't mean you should cut her tongue out."
Katro was tying his whip around his middle again, and then gestured for Faiyloe to get back into the litter. He pulled some string out of a pouch on his belt and tied the curtains back on. "Rusha macula, Faiyloe jutym."
The other otter Orbec had gone stiff all over when the old otter had began her mumbling. He looked uneasy, and worried about something.

Faiyloe

I climbed back on to the litter. "What did she mean. Who is the dark one and what is she saying?" I said to Drimun.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Drimun smiled nervesously. "Um I don't know, never heard about it before in my life. And I don't know what she was saying I don't speak that language." Faiyloe wasn't sure that Drimun was telling the truth but then they were moving again.
Orbec who had understood the old beasts mumblings just before the moved off, took his dagger out of its sheath on his leg and dropped it purposely on the road. After they had gone quite a long way down the road and were around a bend he went over to Delifor and said in Gadnian. "Sir my dagger is missing, I must have dropped it when I was whipping the old beast. May I go back for it, it is very precious to me. It was a gift from my mother when I became a Chetimgo guard."
Delifor nodded and replied also in Gadnain. "Of course Orbec, I don't want to return back to the city with my otters not fully armed."
Orbec nodded his thanks and ran back to get it. When he was close to where the insadent with the crazy old otter had taken place and where he had left his dagger, he slowed his pace to a casual walk. She was here, in the bushes at the side of the road, waiting. Orbec was well aware of her presence but he pretended to be oblivious. He bent down to pick up the dagger, that was when she attacked. She came running out of the bushes waving a large oak branch. Orbec leapt out of the way and throw his dagger at her. It went straight into her throat she died instantly. Orbec retrieved his dagger and kicked her body back into the bushes. "My Master will be pleased by your death, you should have not made it known to me that you were going to kill Tus my Master. You have paid dearly and the Dark One of blood and death is on his way is he not. My Master will be pleased to hear about this." Orbec said to the carcass.
He then turned and ran back to the group who were unaware of what had taken place.

Faiyloe

" Do things like that happen often?" I asked 

rachel25

Drimun half nodded half shook his head. "Well sometimes but they would have killed or taken her to prison. She dangerous and has been know to attack travellers and passers by."
Just then they heard Orbec return and say to Delifor. "Cramish golikamy toujhuy liopity mulytui rhegdif dildutyde."

Faiyloe

rachel25

Drimun smiled a real smile this time. "I'm going to have to teach you Gadnain. He said that he had found the old beast dead not to far into the forest. She must have killed herself. Creatures have seen her cut herself with sharp stones before on purpose, so it's not surprising."

Faiyloe

"Where are we going," I asked

rachel25

"To Mulbo the Healer who is staying at the Silver Palace at the moment. And it's the Spring Water Festival tomorrow so that will be fun. I was wondering how long do you want to stay in Gadna for? We could stay the week cos then we would be here for the Plamothic  feast."  Drimun said excitedly, and then said. "The Plamothic Feast is feast to honour those who were killed in the Great Blood shed the season before I was born. A strange thing happened at a sacrad Temple in the forest, the whole thing was destroyed. I heard someone say a great blue and red light lit up the sky that night and then there was a huge explosion. The Temple was the temple of Plamothic, our first Queen, or that's what her names has been translated from the old writings."

Faiyloe

I looked at Drimun and said "How is your leg feeling?"

rachel25

Drimun not one to make a fuss put on a brave face and said. "Oh its fine, I've barely noticed it."
Katro stuck his head between the string tied curtains and tried to speak in a language that Faiyloe would understand. "Itable timeiw todyu go, horesamh Mulbo Healerta nowptylo." He looked hopefully at Faiyloe, to see if he had said the right thing. He didn't notice the look Drimun made at Faiyloe.

Faiyloe

I nodded and tried to keep a strait face "I think I understand" he was trying so hard and I wished I could have returned the courtesy and said something in Gadnaian. "We are here? It is time to go?" I said   

rachel25

Katro had such a happy look on his face that Drimun had to stuff part of his tunic in his mouth. When he had gotten himself back under control Drimun mouth, Comacy. Drimun had said earlier that Comacy meant thank you in Gadnain, he hoped Faiyloe would remember and understand what he meant. 

Faiyloe

"Comacy,"  I said with a node as I climb off the littler.

rachel25

Katro smiled and helped Drimun out of the litter, Drimun refused to be carried on the stretcher two otters had walked forward carrying.
"My legs only a little cut, I'm not dying." He grumbled. Drimun then swallowed hard looking around. "Faiyloe, we're in the courtyard of the Silver Palace."
A pretty young ottermaid came running toward them. She had light brown fur, and grey shining eyes. She wore  a pale yellow dress, with a white rope belt. "Acushy maio, Sirs and Miss. Howbemty lowbop tokanity?" She said politely and then bowed to Delifor.
Delifor smiled, "Ocio liuty nefaj Mulbo, ahrty hgoltr jkl?"
Drimun translated for Faiyloe. "She said Good day Sirs and Miss. How can I help you? Then Delifor said We are here to see Mulbo. Is she in?"