News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Martin and Rose..... Relationship?

Started by martins#1fan, July 25, 2011, 07:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

They did love each other. That is easy to see. When the bees were stinging them, Rose had to sing. I think Martin made a comment to her about her voice. He loved her.

As for kissing and romance. Back then, I don't think they kissed until they were married. At least that was proper. And dating was called courting.

Why else would Martin be so sad. I'm sure many other friends, besides Rose, died in the war. But he loved Rose, so her death was probably harder to take.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 25, 2011, 07:53:37 PM
In the TV series, Martin and Rose said they loved each other. I don't recall them saying that in the book.
Any thoughts??

I haven't watched the movies yet, but I can believe it. They kind of mess up books when they're made into movies sadly.
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Dotti

I know!!!  I've only seen Redwall, Mattimeo, and Martin the Warrior as movies, but they seemed to be a lot more childish to me. :(  Redwall and Mattimeo were kind of ruined for me by the movies.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

DanielofRedwall

@Dotti, those were the oly ones that they actually made in to TV shows!!! So you've seen them all!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dotti

Oh, ok! lol  a friend taped them for me, so I thought there were others.  ;D
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Skalrag of Marshank

They probably were. I like it that Jacques doesn't focus a lot on the characters' love lives. Some books have the really cheesy "I love you Don't leave me" love in them, and that's O.K. as long as you don't take it out of hand...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

I like that subtle kind of romance - it's good practice for guessing stuff like that in real life. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Blademaster

They loved eachother for sure I was as shoked as Martin when she died it was one of the few deaths I didin't see coming.  :'(
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

MatthiasMan

Redwallfan7

I love romance, I love it in Redwall, , The Last Song, and The Lucky One (Off topic, but Nicholas Spark's books are great.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

(Wow I guess I actually did.)

I didn't want Rose to die, I still don't and won't believe it.

Redwallfan7

So in other words, you refuse to believe that she died... Yeah I guess it's the same with me
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Well, I accept it because if I didn't, I would be one of those people...
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I didn't mind the changes they made into the t.v series. I love action, don't get me wrong, but their relationship was beautiful

Tiria Wildlough

When Martin went on about how 'she was right here when she kissed me', I nearly died of embarrassment.
I'm not a hipster.