Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffen

Sero

The hate-breed continued to keep his steady tone "Because the people who come to this cave are either trying to get through it, or to face it. And none of you look like you've come to face this cave." He looked at the bones below himself.

The Shade

Sandfire was slightly confused, but decided not to delve into the subject of caves. Instead he decided to pose a different question. If this beast knew valuable information, they could do with it.

"And..." He halted briefly, almost afraid to know the answer. "...Why are there so many bones here? What happened to whoever they belong to?"

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Griffen

Sero

He took a deep breath, air filled his lungs but a few ribs ached in pain. "Each bone tells a different story, some stories describe of one foe, while others of another. Yet both foes have the same name, and both foes are the same." Sero tried to get his point across without actually telling them, for just thinking of the name put fear into the ill hate-breed, and what if the beast came to the call of his name?

"You know, you could test that... just say the name. See if it comes, and does the same to these as it did to the others before them." something whispered in Sero's ear.

Twisting his head Sero looked over his shoulder and whispered back "No, I need their help to reach my mother.."

"Ah, forget about her, she is weak and long gone. Don't be a fool. Imagine the power you could have if this beast was at your call..."

OOC: You'r character can not see or hear the thing whispering to Sero. Just remember that this illness he has makes him crazy. So he believes that there is something actually there... its up to you to believe if there is or isn't for yourself. 

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Griffen, could you PM me and explain a bit more about what you said? I just want to make sure that it's accurate.  ;) And if it is, then no one else gets to know.

Hey guys, who hasn't posted inside the room yet? Because I want to get moving, but yall need sufficient time to take care of matters inside the cave.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

rachel25

Xant pulled himself into a sitting position, and winked at Thanora, "Can't leave me alone can ya."
Then he was serious again, he turned to the hate-breed, and began questioning him, "So what you just said, didn't make the slightest bit of sense, you know. Now I want you to answer me good, and clear. No, riddles, or metaphors, just solid fact. Ok now tell me, why are there so many bones in here?" As Xant had been talking he had stood up, and had let his voice rise. He knew he could look intimidating, and he wanted to right now. In Xant's opinion, a scared beast usually spoke truth. 

Griffen

Sero

"No respect.." Something whispered over his shoulder

"Who are you, to speak in such a way?!" Sero elevated his tone a tad bit, "That's right, no more than just scared otter, running from the only thing you've ever had. And now, here you stand, still alone, still broken... just like before. But now, twit, you are at a stale mate. Asking what or whom did these things to this here bone." Sero picked up a skull, he felt the anger rushing through him, it gave him life, and pain.

"The bones are speaking..." Something whispered to Sero.

He didn't look back to whom spoke, "The bones are speaking, and you can not comprehend them. At this very moment you are weak again, and you hate it. So now you are trying to interrogate me? No!" With the hate that's been building up Sero crushed the skull with one hand. "If you're too foolish to listen to the bones, then move onward and prepare to write your own story. I pray, for your sake, that it ends differently than these."

Dannflower Reguba

"Willing in one moment to thrown thine own lives away for a beast almost hopelessly lost to the deep freeze, yet unwilling to respect that which they do not understand? How a group such as this has ever made it this far is a mystery even to me, dare ye enter unto the abode of the one who weaves the strings of fate? The one who holds hopes and dreams in its paws, capable of snuffing them out like those whose countless remains you now tread!"

The ambient light emitted from the hidden next room changed from an Aurora to an enraged blazing hue.

"If ye have the guts then enter into the Hall of Eternity! Be you hellbound or in the good graces of the future shall be determined hence you come!"

The hue transferred to the fog, lighting the fog afire into a living, breathing inferno with the heat of flame closing in on the vaporous water.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Thanora stood up and gave Xant a reproachful look " Be more considerate I don't think he means us any harm," Then turning to Sero she said "Please excuse us we are a bit on edge at the moment. How long have you been here?" She wanted to help him she could see that he was suffering and not just from the illness. There was a familiar look in his eyes a look she had often seen in her own reflection.         

OOC: I wrote this before Dan posted can I still keep it?

-------
OOC: After he posted

BIC: Thanora was afraid. She realized now that perhaps she had bitten off a little more than she could chew. The angry light almost blinded her and she squeezed her eyes shut. For a moment she wanted to turn back but realized that she couldn't. She felt helpless and lost fare from home in an unfamiliar place. She felt like she had that night the heat of the flames around here she could almost hear the crackle and snap of burning wood as her hut burned down. A choking panic and fear overwhelmed her she wanted to run but she couldn't move. All around her the fire was burning the flames threatening to envelop. She looked down at her paws they were covered in blood that was not her own. She screamed but it was a hallow scream with no sound. Then her eyes snapped open and she was back in the mountain. Her heart pounding in her chest. She took nervous deep breaths and touched the red cloth on her arm for reassurance then she crossed over in to the other room.

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Griffen

OOC: Yeah it can stay:) But im not going to post yet, I'll let everyone else catch up to where we are. both in the cavern and in the conversation.

Faiyloe

OOC: I had an Idea and added something to the second half of my last post. It's nothing much just another sentence.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Raelicco frowned. What had he said? They were going to get themselves killed, and him too if he wasn't careful. Fools, he thought and quietly made his way past the silently sleeping bones into the next room.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

Xant's heart seemed to stop as the fire appeared, and the other room came into vision. He felt like he was about to die.
The faces of his dead, enemies, and friends flashed before his eyes, a voice boomed in his ears, "You are nothing, and never will be. You disgrace your family name, and the weapons you fight with!"
Xant felt tears prick his eyes. The words of his father were even now haunting him.
He fell to his knees, covering his ears, and shouting, "Stop!"   

Rainshadow

Cassius yelped.  He may not have been able to see much, but he could tell that something big was burning.  I'm gonna die, he thought, stepping forward carefully, I'm gonna die and nobeast will miss me.  Yet he still followed after the others, keeping a wary eye on the fire.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Xant opened his eyes. Everything was normal again.
He stood up shakily, and followed everyone into the next room. He was shaking all over, and had broken out in a cold sweat. He was starting to regret coming with this lot.

Jukka the Sling

Jalie followed the rest of the group into the room, paw on sword hilt. She was somewhat apprehensive.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien