News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Thanora shivered the fog swirled around her foot paws and she could see through the fog the shape of weapons littering the floor. She saw a dirk with a decorative handle. Their was an emerald embedded in the hilt. It seemed to stand out in the fog the strange light reflecting off of the green stone. She bent over to pick it up but her paw brushed up against something cold and hard, it was a bone. The sound of bones clacking against the stone floor echoed ominously through the cavern and Thanora could see the skeletal remains off many creatures littered among the weapons. She began to panic and a lump formed in her throat, her breathing quickened and her hart raced. She had to get out of there.  

She could see in her minds eye that night her hut on fire and the body's of her family slain on the grass. Fire all around and smoke every where she was completely alone.

She ran for the light, dirk forgotten. If anything this was a way out, a way to make up for all the years of pain and loss she had suffered. That night still haunted her in her dreams and in this place it felt more real than ever. She hated death almost feared it but at the same time she welcomed it as an escape as an end to the pain.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Sandfire peered through the thin mist within the carvern. He yelped as he stepped on something sharp. It was a an axe, with the blade on on side, and a spike on the other. He picked up the weapon, admiring it, then slid it into he belt. He bend over to pick up something else...and got a jolt as he realized it was the skull of some long dead beast. He was not unused to gruesome sights, however, and soon recovered.

"Tell me matey, what killed ya?" he asked the skull.

The skull gave no answer, but continued to stare at the desert cat. As he looked around, Sandfire could see the remains of more unfortunate creatures, as well as more weapons. He picked up a knife, and stowed it next to his axe. It seemed almost certain that they would be facing more enemys.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Iz everybeazt 'ere or iz it juzt ze vonez zat vent tae 'elp ze badger?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

It took Cassius a moment to realize that Dan was next to him, and he was just about to say something when he realized that he was standing on something uncomfortable.  He looked down to see something that could have been white or yellow and, picking it up, found it to be a bone.  The fox yelped, dropping the long and thin object.  Disgusting!

Looking around through half-closed eyes, Cas realized that the other beasts who'd stayed outside were now in the cave with him, and some were bent down, picking things up.  Where they investigating the bones too?  No, they looked more like... weapons!  The silver beast immediately bent down, running his paws across the stone floor, feeling for something useful.  After his paws smacking quite a few bones, he wrapped his left paw around something heavy and wooden.  Standing up, he realized he'd picked up a staff.  That could be useful, so Cassius held onto it, his grip quite firm in case anybeast decided they wanted to steal it.

OOC:  If this post doesn't match up with the others, please tell me so I can fix it.  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

For some reason, Raelicco didn't trust the weapons. How had all these beasts died? he thought, staying where he was. Had they all died in this very room, or had they been thrown in here by some other beast? And why? What was their purpose in being here if the second one was true? He didn't quite understand why, but he thought that the weapons might have some part in the story of whatever had happened here. He stayed where he was and didn't touch the weapons. Instead, he quietly watched the others and waited to see what would happen.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

Xant was still getting over what had just happened. Had he died?
Then he saw the weapons, he also saw the bones, but they didn't bother him. He picked up a dirk, more arrows, and a shortish sword. Yes that would do him nicely.
He looked around at everyone else. Where was Thanora?
Xant looked around for her, but couldn't find her. Where is she? he wondered, Did she die in the avalanche?
Worry fell upon the young otter, but was soon gone when she came running past. Towards some light.
Xant looked at the bones, and then at the light. This couldn't be good.
"Thanora! Stop! Don't go towards the light!" He yelled. Panic, and worry gripping him again.   

Griffen

*Sero*

CRACK! The sound of a bone snapping woke him up. Laying in a corner, not far from the mouth of the cavern was the dying hate-breed. He wasn't surprised they didn't notice him, after all he was covered in old bones and anyone could have mistaken him as yet another skeleton. Slowly Sero wiped off the bones and come to a stand. "Are..." Coughing and choking on his dry mouth, he asked " .. You the group that was foretold to come?" Even though the risk of them killing him was high, the old hate-breed decided it might just be better for him to die now that to wait any longer.

rachel25

Xant, who had been running after Thanora, had almost stood on the hate-breed. He yelled in surprise, and fell over backwards into the bones. Banging his head on the floor as he fell, knocking him senseless. 

Faiyloe

Thanora stopped and turned around at the sound of Xant falling. She saw him unconscious on the floor with another strange creature standing over him.

"What did you do?!" she said griping her spear. She was having trouble determining his species. He looked like a very ugly mouse or maybe a handsome rat. Keeping one eye on him she went over to Xant and taking out her water canteen she pored a little in his mouth. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rainshadow

Cassius' head snapped up at the sound of a loud thud.  He turned, his squinting eyes surveying the cave.  Some creature was bending over another, but the fox couldn't see what they were from this distance.  He crept closer, trying to remain quiet.  He still didn't trust these beasts.

Coming to a stop behind one beast, whom he'd heard called Thanora, he peered over her shoulder, seeing another creature collapsed on the floor.  Both beasts looked sort of like otters, which made Cas nervous, but they seemed young.  Well, younger.

What caught the small fox's attention was not the otters but another beast standing a little ways in front of them.  He couldn't tell if the beast was a rat or a mouse, for it looked a bit of both.  Then it clicked.  "A hate-breed," Cassius whispered.  "Never thought I'd see one o' those."  He clutched his staff a bit tighter, wondering if the old-looking hate-breed would attack.  He seemed weak, but in the few seasons of the silver fox's life he'd learned that some creatures knew how to deceive others.  Maybe Cas was one of those beasts, but he didn't think so.

"Er, wot're ye doin' here, hate-breed?" he asked, holding the staff firmly in both paws, his feet shuffling a bit.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Griffen

*Sero*

The hate-breed laughed on the inside at the nervousness of the others, but he kept it inside. If they knew how ill he was they might kill him... so he tried to stand up taller.

"Er, Wor're ye doin' here, hate-breed?" ask a fox behind the others.

Out of instinct and hate for that name he quickly reached to his hip. He was going to teach this fool to hold his tongue while he still had it. Fortunately for the fox Sero lost both his sword and sheath, and during the process realized how much older he was then he remembered.

"I'm on my way to meet my mother..." he whispered, yet he was heard throughout the cavern "And if you're planning on getting in my way I'mm make sure you see Hell Gates before you reach ascension..." he kept his tone solid. not raising it even the slightest. He didn't speak with anger, only truth.

rachel25

Xant opened his eyes slowly. He felt like somebeast had smashed his head in. Then he remember, somebeast had, him.
"What's going on?" He said in surprise, seeing Thanora kneeling next to him, and the hate-breed just behind her.
He knew a hate-breed when he saw one, he had fought one once. He just hoped this one wasn't as aggressive as the one he had met not too long ago. But he looked quite old, not dangerous.
Xant smirked when the hate-breed threatened them, he looked like he was about to fall over dead. He wasn't going to do anybeast damage.

Griffen

Sero

He was waiting for another beast to make a move, and depending if it was a peaceful or aggressive move would decide his fate. If they would help him, he could restore some health because as of now Sero can't remember the last time he had anything to drink or eat; and let alone get up and move around. But, if they decided to take an aggressive action to him... He'd surely die.

OOC: I am giving permission for another player to kill mine. I'm saying you have to but if you want to you are able at this point in time, given the circumstances of how vulnerable he is. Or you can help him, it would be very much appreciated :)

The Shade

Sandfire noticed most of his companions were grouped together, observing something. He decided he might as well go and check it out. He heard the new beast's statement, and decided to answer.

"But how do yer know we're going to ascension?" the desert cat questioned. How much did this creature know? He might even know why so many bones were in this cavern, but Sandfire didn't want to bombard him with questions, so he didn't say any more.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I