News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

"Aye," Fern responded with a smile. "But I really hope Lupine gets back soon. Then we'll hopefully have some definite news about Skip and Bryony."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

''Yessss indeed marm! Well, anything been goin' on while ive been gone for i dont know, eight seasons!''
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

rachel25

OOC: That's fine.

BIC: Sister Lupine had reached Redwall, she was walking along the walls looking for a wallgate. When she reached one, she began pounding on it, and calling out, "Hello! Anybody there? Could you please let me in? It's LUPINE!"
-------------------------
Reki laughed, "Bold one ain't ya. You know, if anybody else spoke to me like that, I'd have their rations cut for a few days, and give 'em a good beating. But I think I'll let this pass." He winked at her, then walked off, sniggering to himself.
------------------
Monka caught up, and walked beside Bryony, all of a sudden he didn't feel very well. Maybe it was those berries, but it didn't feel like that, it just felt, different to anything he'd ever felt before. It was a strange floaty feeling, and he constantly had butterflies buzzing around inside of him.

OOC: I meant that last part as a metaphor, there are no real butterflies!  

Cornflower MM

OOC: Okay. But what's a beautify? Seriously, is it like a butterfly? Only prettier? I wanna know now!

BIC: A little otter Dibbun was trottinbg about when she heard a familar voice call if anyone was there, it was Lupine. She giggled and went over to it called, "Sista Lupine? I let ya in!"

Jukka the Sling

"Yes, lots of things! It's been so long! Last time I saw you I was about seventeen - can you believe it? I'd just been elected Abbess, and I was so nervous! And I'd just met Mycroft, but we weren't courting at that point. He was about twenty then, and had left the Long Patrol, deciding he wasn't cut out for it. Oh wow, I'm rambling... yes, so we were married a couple seasons later, and now we have two little 'uns. But you probably knew most of that anyway. So life here has continued as normal. Until now." Fern paused and gave a worried smile, then asked, "And what's happened with you all these seasons?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mirelle glared at Reki's retreating figure as she kept rowing, the oarslave just behind her looking at her in surprise as she muttered, "Someday I'll kill you, fox! Just you wait!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

''Wow! Well, i have been up north, to old Sala, Stayed there for 'bout 3 seasons! Went and stayed with the shrews, and oh yes! I went the remains of Loamhedge! It took meh at leaste 3 seasons, but it was worth it! Well, im famished! Want to go have some tea or salad or scones or ohh I miss Redwall vittles too much!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

OOC: Stupid autocorrect!

BIC: Sister Lupine sighed in relief, "Yes, that's a good girl, let me in now."
---------------------
Scarlet left Cien's cabin enraged. She'd tried everything, and that meant everything. Everything she used to do, and he'd been under her power in seconds. But now, he just kept refusing her. "Fine Cien, we'll just have to do it the hard way." She rasped.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Hey, I thought it was funny! And I WAS wondering what Scarlet and Cien were doing.....

BIC: The otter babe, who's name was Maple, opened the wallgate and smiled. "See, Sista, I let ya in! Candy chestnut now?" Her grin literally went from ear to ear, as she thought of the hoped candied chestnut she'd gain.
------------------------------
Skipper rowed, his thoughts whirling. He'd escape sooner or later, but could he do it AND get his ottercrew out? He didn't know about the other slaves, he'd try his best, but he didn't know if they could do it.

rachel25

OOC: I guess it was kinda funny. And for the last part, no comment.  ;)  :D

BIC: Scarlet wanted something to take her rage out on, the new slaves, yes that would work. It would also upset Cien. "REKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She screamed.
The fox came stumbling up the stairs from the galleys, and saluted. "Yes, ma'am."
"Stop the boat, and bring all the slaves up onto the deck. Bring the new slaves out, and tie them to the punishment pole." Scarlet grinned, she looked ever so slightly crazy.
Reki saluted again, and hurried off to do her bidding.

Jukka the Sling

"Loamhedge? Really? I've always wanted to see that place..." Fern commented, then said in answer to Marshall's last remark, "Sure! I'm done with my journal for the day, and I'd like a snack. C'mon, let's go down to the kitchens." She opened the door and led the way downstairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mirelle was roughly unchained from her oar and, kicking and swearing, dragged up on deck and tied to the punishment pole along with her fellow ottercrew members.

Cornflower MM

Skipper panicked when he saw his crew being untied, and only slightly calmed down when they untied him and began leading him along with the others. He started fighting like a maniac, and half-way succeeded when one of his captors went over board, but then a rat stepped up went in his comrade's place, and was also a bit more crafty and sw3ift than his companion. They got him up the stairs, and were dragging him towards a pole. That wasn't good. He decided to do something crazy. He went along with them quietly to the pole. Then they tied him up.

rachel25

Reki checked that all the otters were tied up, good, an' tight. Then the rest of the slaves were brought up onto the deck, and made to stand in a line. All except the crippled squirrel, he had to be held up by two other slaves.
Scarlet stepped forward, a cruel look in her eyes. Then three vermin turned up, with a bound, irritate, Cien. Cien's eyes grew wide at the sight of Skipper, and the remaining crew members, bound to the punishment pole. "What's all this Scarlet?" Cien growled, "You trying to get me back, cos I wouldn't do what you wanted? Wow, you have sunk low."
"Silence!" Scarlet shouted, then turned to Reki. "Get the cat-of-nines-tails, give them a good beating each, then brand them with their number."
The assembled slaves gasped, horror showing in their faces.

Cornflower MM

Skipper's jaw literally dropped. First, Cien, whom he'd always considered to be a nice otter, was here, and now this crazy ottermaid was going to give him a whipping with the cat-o'-nine-tails and BRAND him?!?!? Oh, no. This wasn't going to do. He decided that it was now time to use the dagger he';d stolen from the vermin he'd flipped overboard. He started sawing at his bonds.

Jukka the Sling

Mirelle had calmed down somewhat when she'd been tied up, and she kept her face expressionless now, though she was absolutely horrified. She then tried pulling her paws out of the rope that bound them to the pole, but it was hopeless. Finally, she gave up. Momentarily the ottermaid considered yelling insults and swearing at all and sundry, but quickly decided against it, as it would only cause her and her companions to be punished more.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Fern led the way to the kitchens. Pushing open the door, she entered and nodded to the Friar. "Hello, Marshall and I were just coming for a lunch-sort-of-thing. Well, he is, and I just want a snack. Have you got anything for us?"

OOC: Gonff, you can play out the Friar's reply. :D

Gonff the Mousethief

''Well Mother Abbess, i have some fresh strawberry scones, mint teal, and some pudding.'', The Friar said with a small smile.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.