News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Bryony just sighed, and concentrated on not falling asleep.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: What happened that's so exciting, Rach, if you don't mind me asking? :P BIC:

The boatloads of shrews, otters and Redwallers set off in the direction they were pretty sure Scarlet's ship had gone. Mycroft helped paddle the boat he was in, straining his eyes to see if he could catch a glimpse of Scarlet's ship or perhaps the island where she was bound. But he really couldn't see much, as night had now set in.
--------------------------------------
Mirelle continued sitting on the floor of her cell, despair enveloping her. Without thinking about it, she gradually began to lean back against the wall, but immediately gave a gasp of pain and sat up again, as her lacerated back had come into contact with the rough stone. After the pain had subsided, something else began to dawn on her.

The stone she'd leaned against had shifted slightly under her weight!

Galvanized by hope, Mirelle turned and felt around the edges of the stone. She dug her claws into the thin line of mortar that set it into the wall, and after several minutes of labor was rewarded by some of the mortar crumbling away. She continued working, ignoring the rest of the slaves, who were either asleep or were also ignoring her.
--------------------------------------
Fern headed up to her room and lay down, drowsily planning to talk to Bryant and Tripper again the next morning about the blueprints. She drifted off to sleep.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

OOC: I'll tell you over Pm if that's alright.

Monka swore,and spat out blood. The guard chuckled, then wandered off.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall was paddling also. He just hoped they would get there in time.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

The otters got out, and Skipper issued orders that tow ropes be thrown out. As he had more experience with the sea than most did, they obeyed him and the otters grasped the ropes in their jaws and swam, making even better time.

rachel25

Cien's unconscious, battered, form was dragged away from the interrogating building. He was dumped in a cell, some way away from the other cells. Two burly, competent, corsairs stood guard outside the door.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: I'm pretty sure Skipper, Marshall, Mycroft and co. are currently behind time-wise compared to the rest of the RP. So I'm gonna fast-forward to when they reach the island, so they're lined up time-wise with Monka, Bryony, etc., if that's alright. BIC:

At last Mycroft could make out a dark outline against the horizon, darker than the rest of the night. "Hey, you chaps! You think that's the bally island Scarlet was makin' for?"
--------------------------------------------
Mirelle continued trying to work the stone out of its position, her paws scratched by the rough rock. At last, pulling with all her strength, she managed to dislodge it. It fell to the floor of the cell with a dull thud. Several slaves looked in the ottermaid's direction, and she indicated the hole she'd made.

"C'mon! It's not big enough yet, but if you'll help me, we can remove more stones and escape!"

An old otter shook his head. "It's pointless, missie. They'll only catch ye and beat ye. Maybe even kill ye, if they feel like it. Nobeast has ever escaped these cells."

"Well, there's always a first time, isn't there?" Mirelle said indignantly, her old spark of defiance flaring into life. "If you won't help me, I'll escape on my own." She started trying to work the mortar out of the stone next to the gap, using a small shard of rock that had broken off of the main chunk when it fell.

The old otter slave shook his head. "I'm not goin' to help ye git killed, miss. Do as ye like, though; I won't stop ye." He turned away.

Mirelle ignored him and kept working furiously, spurred on by new hope.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: Fine with me.

BIC: Bryony's eyelids started drooping dangerously, and she called out, "Monka?" Very softly, having noted that the guard near her had fallen asleep.

Gonff the Mousethief

"Aye, looks evil  'nough. We should be there in hour or so."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Monka was struggling to keep awake also, he was exhausted. then, suddenly, guards came into the cells, and began unlocking the stocks, and getting ready to take the prisoners back to the other cells.

Jukka the Sling

"I hope it's sooner," Mycroft replied. He kept paddling.

After the better part of an hour had passed, the island was so close Mycroft could hear the waves crashing on the beach. He was tired from rowing, but knew that their journey was nearly at an end.
-------------------------------
Mirelle continued using the shard of rock to file away the mortar. It was laborious, but she kept at it, hoping to remove the stone before dawn.

Cornflower MM

Bryony noticed the a guard coming to unlock her, and the captain stopping him/. "No. Leave 'er. She's to stay for a few more hours." He sad, and Bryony's jaw dropped.

Gonff the Mousethief

When they were about there, Marshall leaned over to Skip and asked, "What's the plan mate?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Monka was lead past Bryony's cell. His heart sank when he heard the captain's words. Monka desperately wanted to do something, Bryony was too weak. She'd die if he didn't.
Suddenly, and expectantly, just before Monka tired to break free of his two guards, and go for the captain, Scarlet walked into the cells. "Where is the squirrelmaid from Mossflower?" She demanded, running her eye's up, and down Monka.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 06, 2014, 06:21:04 AM
When they were about there, Marshall leaned over to Skip and asked, "What's the plan mate?"

"First, get on the island. Second, hide and check it out." The otter replied shortly. He got out of the boat, and headed for the trees, alone. He needed alone time.
-----------------------------------
"She's in that cell, ma'am./" The captain said, pointing with his paw.