News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall thought about what they could do. Then he had it.
" The ships! We can take one, the sink or burn the others! It should be enough for us and the slaves, and that way Scarlet could not escape!"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

"Aye, that's an idea. What does everyone else think?" Skipper asked, staring at everybeast else.

Jukka the Sling

Mycroft pondered Marshall's idea for a moment, then nodded. "That's a good plan, I'd say. But how are we gonna rescue the slaves? There's multiple guards around the buildings.... How can we rescue the slaves without alerting Scarlet? I mean, we're bound to be seen by one of the bally vermin. This moonlight's pretty dim, but makes it more likely somebeast'll spot us."
-------------------------------------
Mirelle dashed across the open ground to the trees as fast as she could. Unfortunately, she hadn't made it very far before she was startled by a shout from behind her. "Hey you, stop! Slave escapin'! SLAVE ESCAPIN'!" She could hear the heavy pawsteps of a guard behind her, who apparently had come to relieve the sleeping guard and had easily spotted her. The ottermaid put on an extra burst of speed, fear lending her strength. She made it to the woods and crashed along willy-nilly through the undergrowth, her only thought being to get away from her pursuer. But now the guard's shouts had alerted a couple of other guards, who were running after her as well.

Frantically, she looked around for a place to hide among the undergrowth. Then she saw it: a dead log lying in a fern bed. She leaped behind it and cowered down among the ferns, hoping against hope that she wouldn't be found.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"Ye- Did you hear something? Sounded like somebeast shoutin'." Skipper said, cocking his head.

Jukka the Sling

Mycroft's ears perked up. "Aye... seems it's nearby. Could be one of Scarlet's crew, so we'd better be careful. Skip, come on. We'd better go an' investigate. 'Scuse us a moment, chaps." The hare drew his dirk and set off into the forest.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

''Some of the crew stay back to get the ship and sink the others, the rest go and free em!''
Marshall stayed back when Mycraft told him to. Hopefully they would not be seen.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: @Cornflower: Couldja post as Skip?

@Rach: Just wanna make sure - how many ships does Scarlet have moored?

rachel25

OOC: Um, I'd say three slave ships, and a small fishing boat. But, also remember, Scarlet, and Cien are fighting on the jetty.

BIC: Monka saw the ottermaid get out, and full of frustration kicked at the wall hard, several times. To his disbelief, three stones just popped out with the force. "This place surly needs rebuilding, or something." He smiled, and squeezed through the hole.
He was almost out when suddenly, he was stuck. His hips were too big, and he couldn't go back. He bit his lip to stop himself shouting in pain, the jagged rocks were digging into him.

Cornflower MM

Skipper followed Mycroft, looking around. After they got into the woods a bit, he started checking around rocks, under trees, and such.

Jukka the Sling

OOC @Rach: Okay, thanks! BIC:

Mycroft walked slowly, a little ahead of Skipper, cautiously peering around trees and tangled thickets of vines and grass. Then he heard somebeast yelling again. He stopped still and listened.

"Where'd she go? Come on, we've gotta find her. She can't have got far."

Another voice answered the first speaker, but Mycroft couldn't quite hear what was said. Just then the vermin came into view in the dim moonlight, tramping through the thick undergrowth, looking for what Mycroft figured was an escaped slave. The hare ducked behind a bush, but raised his head just enough that he could see what was happening while he whispered urgently to Skipper. "When they get close enough, we'll charge 'em. (OOC: I'm assuming Skipper has a weapon with him.) I'll take the blighter in the front, you take the middle, then we'll finish the last one." The vermin had drawn closer during this time, and Mycroft tensed himself, then hissed, "Now!"
------------------------------
Mirelle had heard the guards tramping through the woods after her, and she remained huddled in the ferns, staying as still as possible.

Cornflower MM

Skipper listened to Mycroft, then sprang. He had his sling out with a hefty pebble in it, and used it like a club, quickly breaking one rat's skull. The last one had more time to get over his surprise, but was still shocked when Skipper hurled himself on him.

Jukka the Sling

Mycroft ran at the first vermin, a stoat, who was taken by surprise but had the presence of mind to swing his sabre at the hare. Mycroft ducked and the sword swing nicked his eartip, then he turned and ran his opponent through the heart with his dirk. As the creature fell lifeless to the ground, Mycroft had already thrown himself at the third guard, who was being attacked by Skipper.
----------------------------
Mirelle, still hiding in the fern bed, heard the sounds of a scuffle, but didn't dare to look. She thought perhaps the vermin were fighting amongst themselves, little dreaming that in fact they'd been set upon by goodbeasts.

Cornflower MM

Skipper, bleeding from a stab wound in his paw, was at the moment throttling the other stoat. The vermin wheezed, and scrabbled with his paws, and then died. The otter stood, up, and shook himself.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall had heard what sounded like fighting, and ran that away. When he arrived, he was in shock.
"What In the name of Redwall happened !"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Monka tried desperately to wriggle free, but was having no success. Then, suddenly, something grabbed his tail, and was pulling him back. It hurt, and what was remaining of his shirt got shredded, so did his heavily branded back.
Two slaves helped Monka to his feet once they'd pulled out of the hole. One was a mouse, the other a fox. "Here mate," The fox said, "Lets make that hole a wee bit bigger, then we can all get out."
Monka was surprised, but pleased that someone was willing to help him, and in no time they'd gotten another stone out, and then all three of them were out. The mouse, and fox began running for the woods, but Monka turned to go, and look for Bryony.