News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Rise of the Rebels (Steampunk RP)

Started by The Shade, April 19, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Arya rolled her eyes again: She was forgotten. Aga9in. Ah, well. She'd find her own way to "Guest Quarters." Even if she had top bribe a guard. Hey, just 'cause she had run off didn't mean she didn't have money. Even if it wasn't acquired legally.

W0NWILL

OOC: I'm gonna go ahead and post as my new character, 'cause I'm guessing he's accepted and Corn looks so lonely. If he isn't accepted, just let me know, and you can completely disregard this post.

BIC: Ilex shuffled slowly toward his small lab, where he kept all his chemicals and various tools, acquired not always in the most moral of ways. But that was life as a rebel, and he was used to it. He heard Valerian talk mechanics with someone, and smiled at the word flamethrower. He wouldn't be much use putting together most weapons, but he could definately help greatly with the flamethrower, and was looking forward to putting together the combustables. It was a simple matter of chemistry, finding such chemicals that would ignite on contact with air. There would be a challenge finding one that was steady enough to be reasonably safe to the wielder, though. But that was how he liked it.

Ilex was so caught up in his thoughts, that he nearly stepped the squirrel's tail, "Sorry." he muttered, then took a closer look at her; he didn't recognize her, "Are you new? You seem a bit lost."7

Unimaginative

Vlad had been quietly watching everything, and decided he didn't like the Cougar newcomer very much. He seemed reckless, and the rebels already had enough people like that. Of course, the Fossa would make a real decision on whether he like the Cougar or not when he actually met him. But for now he was happy to stay and quietly listen to their discussion.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

"Hmm? Oh, it's fine." Arya said, gracefully accepting the fact that her tail had almost been stepped open. "Yes, I'm new, and a bit tired...Do you happen to know of any spare nook or cranny where I can sleep?" She asked, looking the creature up, and then down.

W0NWILL

"Hmm..." Ilex mused, "There might be a couple empty rooms at the very top or bottom of the tree. I could also give you my room if you want one near the main areas. I haven't slept there in quite a long time. Wouldn't miss it at all. Just go up a bit and to the right."
He started to plod away, then paused, "Oh, and before you go to sleep, may you fill me in on what happened at the meeting? Asuming you were there, naturally. But that is the logical time and place to join, so I'd be surprised if you weren't there."

Cornflower MM

"Oh., well, we've decided that we're going to bl;ow up the factory that Vicky's dad owns, tomorrow night. Um, I'm not too sure how we're doing it. Getting chased kinda doesn't help the memory." Arya said, rather apologetically. She decided that this guy was a bit senile.

BlueRose

OOC: Rar! Vicky can't do aaaannyyything!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

W0NWILL

OOC: Ilex isn't that old...He's somewhere around 40, maybe 50, though that would be strechting it. Not old enough to be senile, just weird! I suppose I should have cleared that up in the sheet.

@Rose: I know how you feel. Tailli or Retcin might meet her, Tailli's somewhere in the city and Retcin's off towards bed. I forget where Vicky is, though, so neither might be in position.

BIC: "Ooh, explosions!" Ilex said as soon as two of his favorite words were said, "Have we got the explosives yet, or can I try my new ones?" he spoke rapidly, not listening to Arya anymore. He was still chunnering on about reactions, before letting in a hard breath and sitting down as the familiar pain came as he got more worked up.
"Sorry," he muttered, "I tend to get excited, and I can't get excited. You were chased, you say? Were there any injuries?"

OOC: Yup. Not senile. Just very, very weird. :P

BlueRose

OOC: Vicky's in her room, contemplating the moon.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Cornflower MM

OOC: W0N, I meant no offense, I was merely stating that from Arya's point of view....And, she's still young. And she's not been around very many people for very long, and for obvious reasons prefers to stay away from others....Really, I didn't mean to be rude.

BIC: As far as I know, no one was hurt. And I'm not sure about the explosives....Are you alright?" Arya said, a look for concern coming over her face as Ilex sat down.

W0NWILL

OOC: Good, because I took no offense. :) I was just pointing it out.

BIC: "Nah, no worse than normal." Ilex said, "No injuries is good. I'll talk with Raven about explosives later." He stood up, with some difficulty, then grinned at Arya, "I don't think we've been properly introduced just yet. I'm Ilex."

Finding the rebel base would be very difficult. But a good urchin could learn a lot if she was patient and kept her ear to the ground. While Tailli didn't know exactly where the base was, she had seen the ship fly in a southerly direction. Of course, that meant nothing. The rebels could be actually smart, and want to throw off a trail by sailing in the wrong direction for a while, but it ruled out the north at the very least, right? Tailli grew anxious as she left the city and traveled south through Mossflower. If she could find the base, she could blackmail the rebels into paying for their safety, then recieve another payment when she turned them in to the emporer. She would be a rich beast.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Good! Haha.

BIC: Arya smiled, "Arya. It's nice to meet you, Ilex." She held out her paw to shake.

BlueRose

OOC: *throws mini steampunk tantrum*

W0NWILL

OOC: Vicky might be able to see Tailli and go investigate. Or if you don't want that, I'll make Retcin drop by.

BIC: "Welcome aboard, Arya." Ilex smiled, "Shall I show you to your room?"

BlueRose

OOC: Nah, don't worry about it. I'm enjoying my mini steampunk tantrum. *mini steampunk tantrum*