News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Rise of the Rebels (Steampunk RP)

Started by The Shade, April 19, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

Victoria woke, a little past moon-high* and stood to look out her window. The night seemed peaceful, for now.

OOC: *not entirely sure what Redwallers call midnight, so I'm using the Warriors term for it.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

OOC: Well. Right here.

BIC: Valerian folded his arms. "She's right, all she did was pull a trigger. Just following orders- Exactly what she should have done. The blame is mine, if blame is to be had." The day had been overcast for a while, and now the skies began to loosen their seal. "Now, apologies given, the past is the past. Unfortunately, there's nothing I- Or anyone else- can do to change that. Would you like me to show you both to guest quarters, or would you like to stand here as the sky opens up? I can begin repairs on your ship shortly, Dregnar. In the mean time, I have a... Project... that I could use assistance with. I'm willing to pay you, as well, if you don't mind... ah... borrowed Empire gold."

The Skarzs

"What kind of project do you have in mind?" the cougar asked.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Valerian tilted his head and narrowed his eyes slightly. "It's of a... special... nature. I don't care to describe it- You'll see and understand soon enough."

OOC: It's an advanced weapon.

The Skarzs

"I'll do it, if only to find out what it is," Dregnar said with a grin. "Lead me to it."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Valerian climbed down the spiral staircase inside the trunk of the mighty oak. Down beneath the roots of the great tree, he ushered the cougar into his workshop. Before them stood a massive, pitch-black machine. It looked much like the tanks the Empire used- But it had no treads, no wheels. Where those should be, it had large horizontal rings. "It's a lift system. These rings are foci- They serve as an outlet for prismakinetic energy, as well as basic electrokinesis to exit in a large, forceful, spiral. This force is enough to propel the craft upwards, despite its many tons in weight. It's slow- But it has a few tricks. Those big red walls that they think themselves safe behind- This is the only heavy weapon capable of completely bypassing them. Nothing this heavy could fit to any normal airship without weighing it down the point of barely hovering. But the weapon systems are incomplete. I'm working on a powerful light-weapon- Channeling solar energy into a massive, focused beam to shred defenses. But that's only going to fire once- And I'm not a weapons engineer. I excel at elaborate mechanisms designed to do elaborate things- Yet something so simple as a controlled explosion to propel a ball of lead eludes me. I want to see if we can outfit this thing with a pair of gatling guns- And perhaps a wheel-trigger autonomous rotary cannon? I'm sure you'd know better than I would."

The Skarzs

Dregnar's face lit up as he broke into a huge grin. "You've just stoked the fire on my thinking engine, erm. . . whatever your name is. Forgot. Anyhow, your weapon you think of is pretty advanced, even for me. I'll help as I can. But it's the other weapons that I'm excited for. I'm thinking of making a TIMPAR gun: yeah, I made up the name on the spot, but a tungsten-iron magnetic projectile and rotary gun will be pretty freaking awesome. Hmm, perhaps a flamethrower would be useful as well. And some thicker armor: this tank will probably need to be able to take a beating." Another huge smile appeared on his face. "And I know just where to get the materials."

OOC: Ooohhh Viiiiicckkkyyyyyyy. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: You only call for Vicky when you need her. *sigh* Leave it to the rich girl, I suppose.  :P
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

OOC: I know, it'll be later. I'm just mentioning it now.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: I figured. Try and get the stuff before the rebels blow up the factory? It'd be awkward if you tried to get it afterwards.
    Vicky: Uh, dad, umm... Y'know those guys who blew up the factory? Well, they need some stuff... Can I give them a flamethrower and tank armor? Please?
    Gabe Harper: WHAT?!?!?!?!

The Skarzs

OOC: Lol. It'll be a business trip; perhaps even a diversion for the other rebels to set the explosives?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: Hey, that makes sense. We should talk to Shade about that, for a plan to blow up the factory. It's almost better than tossing soup on the thingies that stop Rus's charrie from getting into the factory.

Rusvul

Valerian grinned. "That TIMPAR sounds effective. Flamethrowers would also be so, though not very much against their mechanized infantry. They've got full fireproofing, and, in fact, they should be safe from almost any environmental hazard. But we can't plan for anything- Flamethrowers are brutal against airships. Sounds good. How do we proceed to create these weapons?"

The Skarzs

"Well, I'll do what I can from the recourses you have here, as well as what I can salvage from my ship. And I wonder how old Gabe Harper will react when he sees me back again for some materials?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

W0NWILL

OOC: Ah! All this science talk! I'm torn between celebrating the nerds, and being sad that neither of my characters is a scientist.

BIC: Retcin had followed them at first, but once they started talking about mechanics and science, and all that stuff that he didn't understand, he headed toward his room for a good night sleep. Leave that to the intellectuals.