News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Missing Piece

Started by Edraithel, May 14, 2014, 11:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edraithel

"Perfect I have some rope that we can use. I knew it would be useful."
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

FloweringStar

OOC: I don't mind having been cut off. It was only a way to pass the time.

BIC: Randoll nodded and took a small grappling hook out of his pack. "How heavy is your rope, Miss Vera?"
Sekai de ichiban ohimesama. ;)

Cornflower MM

"I'll meet you on the top, or would you prefer me to help you three?" Arbella askled, eying the rock face. It would be easy for a squirrel with her skill to climb - She just wanted to know what her companions would prefer.

Edraithel

"Go ahead Arabella I'll help the others up." Vera said before she turned to Randoll, "It's a thick rope with a double braid."
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

FloweringStar

Randoll held out his paw for it. "Perfect. Heavy ropes make the going easier. Getting it up there will be something of a problem, but I think Miss Jubilee can do it."
Sekai de ichiban ohimesama. ;)

Cornflower MM

"Okay! See you guys later! Arbella said, then ran over to the rock and hurled herself up. Within five minutes, she was at the top, and waving cheerfully down at her companions.

Edraithel

Vera handed the rope to Randoll. "Well we could have just given it to Arabella, but she's already at the top. Oh well, you can do it Kitty."

BlueRose

Jubilee took the rope and grappling hook from Randoll and tied the former onto the latter. "Okies, stand clear!" Backing up from the rock face, she began swinging the rope and hook like one might a sling.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Cornflower MM

Arbella waited, then saw Kitty swinging a rope, with a grappling hook on it. She started scouting about for some place good to put it. Or something to make a good place to put it.

Edraithel

Vera waited a bit after the rope and hook had gone up over the cliff and then she called out, "Arabella is there any good place to lodge the hook?"

BlueRose

Jubilee tugged at the rope, now hanging from somewhere on the other side of the rock face. Then she gave an experimental jump, swinging on it. When it held, she started climbing. "Hey, this wall is fairly easy!"
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Edraithel

Now that the rope was in place and the others could get up on their own Vera climbed up the wall herself, like Arabella had done. It didn't matter if it was a tree or a cliff, squirrels could climb anything.

Cornflower MM

Arbella hadn't found anywhere for the hook, so when it came over the cliff, she set her paws against a small nub of rock she had considered (But had decided no because it was too small) and held it.
Soon, Vera's head popped over the cliff. "Hello, Vera!" She said, then re-positioned her grip on the hook. "Tell me, who's climbing now? And is the other one any lighter?" She asked.

Edraithel

Vera came over to Arabella and held onto the hook with her as she said, "Kitty's climbing right now, I'm not sure if Randoll will be much lighter. He scoffed to much this morning, so he might weigh more than we can hold." She smiled.

BlueRose

Jubilee climbed the wall with almost practiced ease. At the top, she grinned at the two squirrelmaids. "That was a lot easier than the Abbey walls." Turning, she looked down at Randoll. "Tie yourself on, mate, I'll haul you up."