Forbidden Truce, Chapter 2 - an AU RP, OOC Discussion/Sign up Topic.

Started by Faiyloe, May 23, 2014, 03:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which title do you like best?

Two brothers and a Lady
1 (33.3%)
Trust to Ashes
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Faiyloe

Ok Now That we are done with the really long Topic Title We can get back to business.

You can Find all the information about the first Chapter here. If you are new to this RP and would like to join I would advise reading this first.

A feud has been going on between the Gretheg and the Lonel Family and their followers for generations now. Things have escalated so much in the past few years so that they now never go out unarmed and when they meet blood is often spilled. Sabotage and revenge are on the rise and many creatures predict a war is coming. When last we left them The Grethegs dam had been burned down along with several of the Lonel's barns. The Lady Garvina was slain in her attempts to escape leaving her sister The Lady Bryony in Charge. Lord Donavin was severely injured in a fight with a Insane Weasle who is now heading towards The Lonel's lands with a taste for revenge.

If you would Like to keep a character or make a new one You must post the Character sheet here.

Rules

Rules
- Most characters are kind of gray. There is not clear line of good and bad. 

- There is not species bias. Rats are just as likely to be friendly as mice.

- To be a member of the Lonel family you have to be a squirrel but if you want to be a follower you can be anything you want.

- To be a member of the Gretheg family you have to be an otter but if you want to be a follower you can be anything you want. (inside reason there is more likely to be less squirrels on Gretheg's side and less otters on Lonel's)

- Make your posts count. There is no post minimum just so long as you make each post count. if a post doesn't move the story along, develop plot or develop you character don't post it.

- This is not a Romeo and Juliet! that doesn't mean there cant be a little romance but that is not what this RP is about. There are many directions this RP can go and that is not one of them.

- Start with Two characters and then latter I might up that number.
[close]

If you would like to join please fill in the character sheet below.

Character sheet
Name:
Species: 
Family: (Gretheg or Lonel. If Gretheg Donavin or Orvil?)
Role:
Weapon(s): (If you are one of Donavins men then you need a Bow and arrows. no guns either)
Appearance:
Armor/Clothing: 
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses: (For every two strengths you must have one weakness)
History:
Other:
[close]

Roles

Roles
Lord/Lady (only Orvil, Donavin, Garvina and there immediate family, Siblings, count for this category)
Nobles (people who own a large bit of land that belongs to ether family. Mostly relatives, Cosines Aunts and Uncles 
Warrior (anyone hired to fight)
Servants (anyone hired to do anything other than fight. even someone as important of a adviser would fit under this if he didn't fit in any of the others)
Commoners (everyone else)
Other (please elaborate. I may or may not ask you to change it)
[close]

Characters

Donavin (Played by Rachel) 

Donavin
Name: Donavin
Spices: Otter
Family: Gretheg
Role: Lord
Weapon(s): Long bow and arrows, dagger, and dirk. 
Appearance: is quite tall, and slim, but is still strong. Has a few scars, and has tattoos up his arms.
Armour/Clothing: Where's a dark green tunic, and brown belt. Has black lase-up boots,. Has brown leather quick strap on armour, black leather fingerless gloves, and  leather shin guards. Has a black, and red quiver.   
Personality: He sometimes acts before he thinks, he can be a little boyish at times, he likes to live in the moment.
Likes: Enjoys parties, and banquets, and loves archery contests. (mainly because he almost always wins) And likes to go out for a morning run every morning.
Dislikes: Troubler causers, and boasters. And can't stand being beaten at archery, but also hates it when someone tries to use a bow, and can't. 
Strengths: Archery and Tracking. He is Athletic and Agile. 
Weaknesses: Beautiful maids, and his pride.
History: He is Orvil's younger brother and the head of the smaller half of the Gretheg estate in and around the forest. His men are the best archers and trackers.
Other: His favourite drink is October Ale.
[close]

Orvil (Played by Rachel)

Orvil
Name: Orvil
Spices: Otter
Role: Lord
Weapon(s): Sword, shield, dagger, sling
Appearance: Taller and bigger then Donavin, His burly, and muscular. Has green eyes, and quite a lot of scars
Armour/Clothing: wear a maroon tunic, black boots, and a black leather belt. Has hardened leather armour.
Personality: A strong leader, is sensible, and is careful about what decisions he makes. Always looks at the situation from every angle. 
Dislikes: Foolishness, and bullies.
Strengths: He thinks things through, is physically strong, and has a lot of followers.
Weaknesses: His temper, when he losses it, he losses it in a big way. His pride, his wife, and his lack of skill with a bow.
History: The older brother of Donavin and the leader of the larger half of the Gretheg estate. 
Other:
[close]

Zuzukath (Played by Scarzs)

Zuzukath
Name: Zuzukath
Species: Weasel
Weapon: Spear, gaff hook, daggers, rope (like gullwhacker), chain, club
Family: Neither
Role: Psychopath
Appearance: Covered in mud and grime, even a bit of mold, barely any of his brown fur shows
Armor/clothing: Ripped and stained remains of a tunic and huge floppy boots
Likes: Fire, pain, battle, seeing and making other creatures suffer, blood and meat
Dislikes: Water, all other creatures, vegetables and fruit
Strength: Slippery, always 'weasels' out of things. (see what I did there? Grin)
Weaknesses: Talks to himself, so he can be heard; also, he is crazy, so his decisions are not what you might call "sound judgments"
History: Killed his entire family (and ate them; he is absolutely psycho) His goal in life is to kill everyone and everything
Other: Likes to start fires whenever he wants; will kill anyone he meets
Is currently hiding out between the two family house areas.
Edit: Reading this over, this sounds like your squirrel character in Eclipse Tongue
Completely unintentional.
[close]

Bryony (Played by Cornflower)

Bryony

Name:Bryony
Species: Squirrel
Family: Lonel. I was thinking maybe Garvina's sister?
Role:Lady
Weapon(s): (If you are one of Donavin's men then you need a Bow and arrows. no guns either) Mace and chain, axe
Appearance: Light brown fur, the fsame lashing blue eyes Garvina has (They have to have some resemblance) White ears
Armor/Clothing: No armor, just a green tunic with fawn brown boots and fingerless gloves.
Personality: Sweet, kind, motherly, and protective.
Dislikes: Fighting (But she will when she has to) and heights
Strengths: Bryony is a good fighter, especially with the mace and chain. She is a good speaker.
Weaknesses: (For every two strengths you must have one weakness) Cannot stand heights, and will be "Sick" if she's required to climb a tree or something.
History: N/A for now
Other:Pregnant, (But she doesn't know it yet, but will soon) and her husband (Anyone will be free to PP him, since I don't want anyone else.) is a rover, who helps those in need.
I'll fill it out more later, 'Kay?
[close]

chapter 3

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Well This will start up as soon as We get all the extra Character that you want to keep posted up here please post the entire app here.

rachel25

I wish to keep my dear Adlais!
Name: Adlais (nickname Echo)
Species: otter 
Family: Gretheg-Donavin.
Role: Warrior, but is distantly related to Donavin, but just works as one of his men. 
Weapon(s): Long bow, and arrows, dagger, and a small grapple hook, and rope which he keeps on his belt.
Appearance: Isn't very tall, but is strong. Has good upper-body strength.
Armour/Clothing: Navy blue tunic, leather armour.   
Personality: Is friendly, but can be annoying. His nickname is "Echo", because he repeats orders, and almost everything over, and over again, without meaning to.
Dislikes: People talking about him behind his back, being ignored, and not being included. 
Strengths: Archery, being strong, and has good earing.
Weaknesses: Is a terrible climber, is afraid of heights, and can't read or write, but doesn't like telling anyone. 
History: He never knew his father, and was brought up by a mother who was often out. Basically brought himself up, didn't get a proper education, and his mother died when he was only fifteen.
Other: Is very loyal, and would never think of following, or working for anyone except Donavin.

Rusvul

I'm in again, and hopefully I'll be much more active. Here is my sheet, copy pasted from before.

Name: Voxx
Species: Otter
Role: Somewhat high ranking officer in Donavin's military.
Weapon(s): Ornate horn-and-gilt longbow and arrows, many many knives which he throws and wields with great skill. He has a variety of different arrows, but the most notable arrows are semi-mechanical grapnel arrows- A hook unfolds from the large tip. (Nothing too complicated, though difficult enough to make that he uses them sparingly.) He can fire them quickly, and, say, loop them around a branch and then swing from them. Useful, but not to an extreme extent, as he doesn't want to use them near any kind of civilization- They're inaccurate, and it wouldn't be the first time he hit someone without meaning to.
Appearance: Fairly small for an otter. His fur is a deep black, unlike most of his kin. Sparkling green eyes.
Armor/Clothing: Dark brown leather armor, green tunic and hood. He wears a cloth to cover his mouth and nose often, both for practical reasons and because he finds it strangely comforting.
Personality: Kind in general, though he'll occasionally be biased towards or against somebeast for no reason whatsoever. To any Lonel creatures, he's cold, though not always violent unless he's provoked. There have been some incidents in his life that he's not proud of- When he was forced to commit acts of evil. Not exactly forced physically, but emotionally and... umm... societally? You get the idea.
Likes: He very much enjoys playing the small flute he carries with him, singing, throwing knives and shooting arrows for sport, friendly competition, most pies and puddings, and almost anything with green onion, potato, or raspberries in it.
Dislikes: Being dirty in specific ways- He can't stand being sandy or gritty, or being soaked with water or mud. He doesn't mind dull pain so much, but throbbing sharp pain is agonizing to him.
Strengths: -Skill with knives- -Skill with archery- -Special arrows- -Agility and speed-
Weaknesses: Fear of heights. Not moderate ones, he can jump off anything under ten feet without any hesitation- He was taught how to dodge, roll, jump, and carry on running with the best of them. But standing on a ledge any higher than about twenty feet fills him with fear. He's about a quarter as effective with anything if he's in such a situation- Though, if he's got a rope tied to his belt, and grappled onto a nook, he feels much safer. He also doesn't like water- He's alright at swimming, but that's on a normal creature scale- He possesses none of the natural otter skill with water, and in fact hates being in it. He can still do things that are anatomically part of him, such as hold his breath longer and use his rudder, but he never learned to use them properly, due to his fear of water.
History: As he was growing up, he was trained in all the things Donavin specializes in- speed, agility, archery, ranged tactics. When he was fourteen, he joined Donavin's forces, and since then has had several victories and defeats against the Lonel as he went up through the ranks.
Other:

Faiyloe

Splendid you two and here is my new character.

Name: Grace
Family: Lonel. Though she dose not approve for the constant fighting.
Role: Commoner
Weapon(s): She doesn't usually have any on her person.
Appearance: Thick brown fur and blue eyes. She is considered the village beauty. 
Armor/Clothing: A plum colored dress, with an off white apron. 
Personality: A dreamer, Friendly, Resolved (When She makes up here mind about some thing there is no changing it) Kind. She always wanted to make a difference but was unsure what good she could do all by herself.
Likes: She would like to live in peace but she knows that wont be happening. She likes to cook and gardening.
Dislikes: Death, Fighting, Others suffering.
Strengths: Resolve, Kindness. Skill (When she learns to do something She learns to do it well.)
Weaknesses: a little Naive, soft hearted (She could never kill) 
History: her parents died and she lives with her uncle on a small farm in a small village.
Other: the riddle that the soothsayer told her

"twin emerald stars in the sky before dawn.
Two pools of water that flow from the sun.
sister of morning that leaves no escape
takes flight at dawn fire in his wake "

Cornflower MM

I wanna keep Arya! And, when is she goign to get out of the gatehouse?!?!?!?!?!

Name:Arya
Family: (Gretheg or Lonel. If Gretheg Donavin or Orvil?)Lonel
Role:Warrior
Weapon(s): (If you are one of Donavins men then you need a Bow and arrows. no guns either) Bow and arrows (You need archers on both sides, otherwise it's totally unfair) hand and a half sword. Dagger in left boot, just in case.
Appearance:Arya's a light gray squirrel, with dark gray eyes. Missing an eartip.
Armor/Clothing: She has a gray tunic with different colors of gray on it (Sort of like tie-dyed, but just gray) She wears a breastplate under that. She also has shin guards, and dark gray boots. Has a light gray cloak.
Personality: Brunt, determined, fierce and feisty. Kind and tyoughtful.
Likes:Trees, and oatmeal scones. Anything spicy. Her motto is: The hotter the better.
Dislikes: Anything male, and anything rude, mean, or cruel.
Strengths: Strong, and she can hide easily.
Weaknesses: (For every two strengths you must have one weakness) Arya's right leg will give out suddenly at times, usually when she's fighting or running. She will collapse to the ground screaming in pain.
History: Classified.
Other: N/A. But that may change later.

Faiyloe

Cornflower MM

AbbotAlf0809

I'll try to stay in this one again, someone wanna give me a summary of the last one?
Name: Captain Jallek Sparra
Spices: Mouse/Fox (if you allow hybrids)
Family: Lonel
Role: Smuggler/Corsair Lord (Counts as other and/or noble)
Weapon(s): Cutlass, Tomahawk, Dirk
Appearance: Light brown fur, green eyes, gold earing on left ear, black tattoo on right arm, larger than average mouse, strong upper body
Armor/Clothing: Black pirate garbs, black gloves with metal knuckles, large black boots, black wide brim hat with red feather
Personality: Swashbuckling, Brave, Funny, Rougish
Likes: Courting Women, Gold, Working alone, luxury, rare artifacts, anarchy
Dislikes: Working for free, group work, Snakes, order
Strengths: strong sword fighter, skilled with tomahawk and dirk, skilled stealth artist
Weaknesses: Weak spot for women and gold
History: Comes from a long line of pirate lords and one of the best smugglers this side of Jima. Swindled the Corsair Republic and the Smugglers Union out of hundreds of golds pieces. Infamous for his slaving and smuggling in both Mossflower and the Northlands.
Other: So far loyal to House Lonel but is uneasy on who to do business with. Provides House Lonel with a healthy supply of weapons and black market surplus. Old en

Faiyloe

Ok...

The Grethegs burned down the Lonel's Barns, then The lady Garvina Went to destroy there dam. Zuzukath Cam shot her with a dart which made her get a fever.  Then He set fire to the forest. To stop the fire from spreading Garvina set fire to the dam. Then Donavin cam along and she got captured. (She was not feeling at all well the affects of the dart were kicking in.)  Arya came along to save her and got locked up in the gate house.  Bryony then came for her with a good amount men to bake her up. Zuzukath is out for blood he raided Donavin's castle Killing several men and attacked Bryony's party.  Garvina attempted to escape. Bryony challenged Doanvins men. Garvina had gotten all the way out the front gate when she got shot in the back and that was the end of the first chapter.

Yes I did kill Garvina.

Oh and Rachel I would like to see more of Orvil in this chapter. 

Rusvul

One thing you forgot to add was the brief moments of cooperation between the families against Zuzucath. I believe Garvina saved Voxx's life, at one point.

EDIT: Okay, I read the final bits of the RP, and I've got an idea of how we could start the next one. Perhaps everyone could react to Garvina's death in their own way? Like, I'm sure Bryony would be grieving a lot, but I doubt anyone was really happy about her death. I think even Donavin would be slightly sad, even if only because she was more valuable as a prisoner.

Ehh? Ehh? Maybe? Maybe not. Just an idea.

Faiyloe

Oh yes that did happen. I for got... sorry I just ruined that little friend ship. :P

Cornflower MM

Hmm, interesting idea. Hey, Rach, maybe Donavin could send a formal apology!