News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Hunt

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 31, 2014, 08:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Arya Brushtail was, at the moment, completely and totally lost. "Oh, this is insane!" She muttered after falling flat on her face after tripping over a root. "Stupid roots." She muttered, then decided to go through the trees. After she'd been traveling that way for a bit, she noticed there was firelight a little ways in front of. She immediately stopped, which wasn't the best idea, as she was just about to jump to the next tree. She lost her balance, and fell, yelping as she did so. "Ooh! Oww! Eek! Stupid tree branches! Oh! Yee-ow!" So on and so forth, until she landed rather hard on a rotten log, which was the home of a few wasps, who did not take kindly to having their sleep disrupted by a squirrelmaid. "Oooh hoo hoo! Gerroff! Eek! HEEELP!! Ah! Ow! Nice wasps! Yeek!" All of this issued from her mouth (And more, actually) As she somehow stood up and took off running, being pursued by several of the insects, bent on stinging her, as several others had already. She burst into the small clearing wher4e the campfire was, and shrieked, HEEELP!" And then leap[ed over the fire, hoping that the smoke would chase off the wasps. Most fled, but a few remained.

OOC: Now, that was fun to write! Arya's a dune squirrel, and had ventured into the woods to visit her sister, and had been on her way back to the sandy dunes when she took a nap by a river, and got captured.

Edraithel

Avalon, acting quickly, took a small pot of honey from her pack and flung a bit of it into the bushes, the wasps followed the sweet, sticky substance off into the darkness.
Sitting back down she said, "Now are we all going to stand around or are we going to eat? You can tell us about yourself my dear while we dig in."
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Rainshadow

Eron grinned at Aron and sat down, saying happily, "Oi'm foine wiffat.  'Ow abou' you, Aron?  You si'in', or'm'Oi 'avin' your suppah?"

The older otter glanced at the beasts around the campfire, slightly unsure of whether to sit or whether to leave.  But his stomach ruled out the latter option, and he sat down on a fallen log beside his brother, muttering a thank you.

OOC:  I feel as though the accents get harder to understand with each post.  :P  If anyone ever needs a translation, feel free to ask and I can say what they're saying in a comprehensible manner.  (AKA, I'll type out their words in their accent, then put what they said in parentheses afterwords.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Edraithel

Munching on her vegetable turnover Avalon thought of her father, Ivo. He had ruled his mountain well and had always served other beasts before himself. When she was younger he had taught her the blacksmithing trade, he believed that one should use the talents one has been given to help others. Under him Avalon had become a master blacksmith, a skill that had felt useless that day when the leader of that band of scum had killed her father. The cowards had fled when she had come out of the moutain wielding her claymore with battle in her eyes. After they fled she had taken her father's body into the mountain, wrapping him herself in burial clothes, she laid him to rest with the other badger lords. Ivo the Brave now kept watch over Salamandastron and his daughter from Dark Forest's gates. Avalon had made the decision to not take rule of Salamandastron until her father was avenged. Leaving an experienced hare in charge of the mountain she had set off by herself, to find the vermin cowards.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Cornflower MM

"Thank you, ma'am, but I'd really rather not sit....Nature of some stings, you see." Arya said, then took a bowl and served herself, and then got her spoon. "Oh, my name's Arya. Arya Brushtail." She said, then dug in.

Edraithel

"What brings you to these woods?" Avalon asked.

Cornflower MM

"Well, long story short," Arya said, pausing her gulping down of the soup, "I came to visit my sister, left after visiting her, fell asleep on a streambank, got kidnapped. Then, my kidnappers decided that I was to their slave. I've only just escaped, and now I want to find them and kill them." She said, then resumed her gulping down of the soup.

Thomas Barkshield

"Well, yer a beast who knows wot ter do wit yerself" John said plainly.

OOC: Unless anyone wants to introduce another character, maybe we should go to sleep and get after those vermin. But perhaps a bit more conversation first. I dunno.

Cornflower MM

OOC: More conversation. That way, they can get to know each other more. ;)

BIC: "And what's that supposed to mean?" Arya asked, miffed.

W0NWILL

"Seasons," Miri said, "Are we all after them? Do ya think everyone after them will stumble into camp?"

Edraithel

"I hope not my food stores are running low from just all of you eating." joked Avalon.

Cornflower MM

"Who knows? And, does the vermin you guys are chasing missing half an ear? And, I can probably find food, if we;re close to the shore,m and the dunes." Arya asked, as she finished her soup and started looking for mud, and dock leaves at least.

Edraithel

Noticing Arya looking about Avalon guessed her need and pulled some healing supplies out of her pack and handed them to her, "Here, I'm not much good with medicine but I always care some necessities around."

W0NWILL

"No, Badger. My job." Miri said. She didn't much like other beasts doing healing duties; it made her feel useless.

Edraithel

"The name is Avalon." Avalon said, "I was not trying to impose. Go right ahead." Most badgers would be insulted by Miriam's attitude but Avalon did not take much personally and other's comments never bothered her.