News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Hunt

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 31, 2014, 08:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

"Thank byou." Arya said gratefully; The stings still dstung a bit, and they werte also starting to itch. She absentmindedly wondered if that meant they were infected.

Rainshadow

"Well," Eron began after a moment of silence, "Oi do believe Oi'm gonna turn in.  I' seems to be ge'in' ravvah dark, an' Oi'm weary from moi bruvvah troin' to lead us the wrong way.  So, g'noight to all o' you."  With that, he took a blanket from his knapsack and wrapped himself in it, lying down not far from the fire.

Aron glanced at his brother, who already had started snoring, and grinned.  "Ah wondaer wot wood 'appen if Ah strung 'im bah 'is footpaws on tha' branch o'er theere."  He pointed to a thick, low-hanging branch a few feet from his brother while pulling a small coil of rope from his own knapsack.  Then, quietly sneaking up to the sleeping otter, he slowly tied the rope around Eron's ankles and slung the other end over the branch.  He then rushed to where the end had landed and took it in his paws, pulling carefully so as to not wake the silver beast.  Soon, Eron was three feet from the ground, still asleep.

The giggling otter tied the rope and took his place at the fire once more, saying, "Ah've noo ahdea 'ow 'e can stay asleep lahke tha'.  'Tis amazin', Ah say."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Edraithel

"Goodnight all." Avalon said before rolled her great form in a blanket and closed her eyes. She did not fall asleep right away, but after a few minutes drifted off.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Thomas Barkshield

"Well, We'd best all turn in. Bill, do you mind taking the first watch?"
"Oid be appy to John. Gurt noight to ee all."

Cornflower MM

Arya giggled at the sight of Eron hung by his footpaws.

Thomas Barkshield

Eventually dawn broke. Bill was fast asleep, through a combination on the previous nights cordial, and his good naturedness in not waking another up for second watch. He jerked awake as his snout touched the ground, consequence on his precarious position on his makeshift bed. He proceeded to heat up some scones, waking John up. "Gurt morn to ee John."
"Top o the mornin to ye bill!"

Edraithel

Avalon came walking into the camp, she had woken early and gone fishing. In her hand was a trout.
As she sat down and started to fillet the fish with a small knife she said, "Good morning to you all."
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Cornflower MM

Arya stretched, and sniffed. She immediately bounced up. "Good morning! Do I smell scones?" She asked.

Rainshadow

Aron's eyes popped open at the mention of food and he sat straight up, exclaiming, "Food?!"

Upon hearing this simple word, Eron also woke up, scrambling to get on his footpaws.  Except he was still hanging, his headfur barely brushing the ground.  "Ah!" he cried, squirming to try and loose the knot.  "Aron, did you do vis?"

Glancing at his brother, Aron started chuckling.  He stood up slowly, a smile on his face, and walked closer to the thief.  "So, eenjoy mah li'l prank, eh, brothaer?"

"Shu' up, stupid, an' untie me."

The older brother shrugged and reached up, untying the rope and watching Eron fall on his head.

"Ow!  Aron!"

"Ye're weelcome, Eron.  Noo, daed somebaest say somethin' aboot food?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Edraithel

"There is fish as well, I have some blackberry jam that I packed, and a bit of cordial from last night. Let's eat up, as I understand we're not to far from Redwall Abbey, maybe someone there has seen the vermin we're hunting."

Thomas Barkshield

"Yes, lets eat these scones and get on the road." Said John.

Cornflower MM

Arya stood back to let the others get their share first, hoping they'd leave her a nice share.

Edraithel

Avalon handed her a plate with a hot scone topped with jam, and a bit of fish. "Here."

Cornflower MM

"Oh, thank you." Arya said gratefully, and dug in.

Edraithel

After finishing her meal Avalon packed all her belongs into her haversack. She stretched, grunting as she loosened her stiff muscles.