Welcome, to the Barkhills OOC

Started by The Skarzs, August 03, 2014, 02:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen A. Mouse

All sounds great! This is already a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see where it goes.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

The Skarzs

I was thinking a time skip (after Trillo's and Ginny's conversation, of course) to nighttime of their march. Sound good to you all?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Er, sure. *Idly wonders what conversation*

James Gryphon

@Skarz: I've been wondering this for a while, and since cougars seem to turn up in so many of your RPs and stories, most recently in the world RP, I figured it was time to ask. What sort of a size difference do you envision for these characters?

In the real world, an adult male cougar is on average about three to four times as long as a European badger, about the same difference as there is between a badger and a red squirrel. Also, the cougar is much heavier, weighing anywhere from four to ten times as much as the badger (depending of course on the respective cougar and badger, and the season they're being weighed).

In the normal Redwall scale, it seems that the difference between a mouse and a cougar should be similar to the difference between a knight and a dragon, and a cougar should be as much bigger than a badger as a badger is to everyone else. This doesn't seem to be the scale that you use, however. If I'm mistaken, and you intend for your cougars to be this large, then please correct me. If not, I'd ask what scale you do use, and why.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

As I've mentioned before somewhere, I've scaled up and/or down the sizes of creatures. Even in the Redwall books it seems that badgers (and other creatures) have been scaled down, because the size difference between them and mice is quite large, making, for example, shaking paws ridiculously unbalanced. (Yes, the badgers' paws "completely enveloped" the smaller creatures', but that means they still would have been in near enough size to attempt a paw shake.)
In my fan fiction, Mossflower Falls, I've stated that the cougar was two heads taller than the badger, the size difference still large but not unbelievable if they were to interact. Imagine the cougar-badger difference to be like a badger-squirrel.
Another thing to note is that real foxes are generally as big (in size, not necessarily weight) as badgers, but in the books they seem little bigger than stoats; I think they were scaled down.
I put a scale at the first page of this RP showing the sizes of creatures; that may give a better idea as to what I am intending.

QuoteSome of these have an obvious size advantage over mice, ferrets, and the like, even though sizes have been altered for the reason of believability in battle.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jasper

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 25, 2014, 04:02:46 AM
I was thinking a time skip (after Trillo's and Ginny's conversation, of course) to nighttime of their march. Sound good to you all?

Certainly. Unfortunately, Gwen doesn't seem to be able to get online too often, so I also understand if you want to cut the conversation and jump to the point you mentioned. We can always pick it up later on at camp, or anywhere really. I don't mind in the slightest, and I definitely don't want to hold up your roleplay, as conversations often do.

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

I'm back now.

@Jasper: Okay, I might end up doing the time-skip soon.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gwen A. Mouse

Ah! My deepest apologies, all. Things have been SO crazy, and other writing has been taking over. *other writing storms in, demanding attention* Back! Back I say! *swats at it with a newspaper*

Anyway, scooting my tail over there right now, and putting up sticky notes everywhere to remind myself to keep coming back.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

The Skarzs

It's alright; the tournament kind of has things bogged down anyway. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Conrad the Painless

Name and/or title: Norton, Pirate King of the North

Species: Rat

Native land: The Mountains of Riftgard.

Appearance: Brown fur with white specks, wears armor made of shining iron (see picture).

Personality: Cunning, ruthless, smart, surprisingly forgiving,

Weapons: Long Shield, Halberd, Long-Shafted Flail

Other: None.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

The Skarzs

Right, so what side is Norton here on, may I ask?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Conrad the Painless

Well, he's a little of his story. Norton has conquered the sea and islands of most of the north of Redwall Country. Norton has pushed West through the far-north of whatever the sea is called that lies between Mossflower Land and your land. Basically, he's a power-hungry evil guy, so whatever enemies you have in the Barkhills, he may or may not join up with them.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Conrad the Painless

So......what's your verdict? Can this work?
:-\

The Skarzs

Yep! (Sorry; I was gone all day working :P) I would appreciate if he was more of a. . . growing warlord; is that alright with you?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.