News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I still can't believe I stayed up until four in the morning when I was finishing up Moasflower, when I first got hooked on the Redwall series.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

I've started Watership Down, and I love it so far! Though started is a bit of a misstatement, I'm almost done.

Redwallfan7

I still might want to give the third Warriors book a try. For being a dog person, I really thought that the first and second were really well written, and had good developed characters.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

The third one's good, though not my favourite.

I also got about thirteen to twenty books from the library, including The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Maybe that'll keep me occupied for awhile.

scarlet

I'm rereading all of the Inheritance Cycle books, I'm on Eldest right now! :)

Redwallfan7

scarlet

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't know about this place sooner, lol :)

W0NWILL

Same with me, when I found this place... :o And welcome to the forums.

As for books, I started Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night.

Icefire

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on September 30, 2012, 06:27:48 AM
I just started The Last Battle by C.S Lewis. I'm finally going to see how everything ends!
Wait! You haven't finished the series yet? Ok, now some stuff you've been saying makes sense!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: phoenixfoden on September 29, 2012, 11:14:41 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on September 29, 2012, 11:06:19 PM
I am reading Rakkety Tam for the first time. A friend of my sister's gave me that book in hardback!!!
i bought mine in softback for $9 good but not as good as yours.

Thats ok most of my books are in paper back.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dalek Fur

Quote from: W0NWILL on September 30, 2012, 05:10:05 PM
I've started Watership Down, and I love it so far! Though started is a bit of a misstatement, I'm almost done.

Ooh! I love this book. If I could memorize the entire book, I would. But right now, I'm reading Voyage of the Fox Rider

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Dalek Fur on October 02, 2012, 01:35:33 AM
Quote from: W0NWILL on September 30, 2012, 05:10:05 PM

Ooh! I love this book. If I could memorize the entire book, I would. But right now, I'm reading Voyage of the Fox Rider
Are you a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia books? I found out that Jennette Mccrdy (a star on iCarly) likes them! I only really like the ones with Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy though.

Dalek Fur

To be honest, I haven't read any of the books, been busy reading other books. Big books like the End of Time

Redwallfan7

Dalek Fur

Long story and a big book. It's basically about three friends who have to leave their homes because males aren't supposed to have a certain power that only females posses and one of the friends is like this dragon reborn person or something. I'm only on book 3 of twelve.