News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Million Dollars, but. . .

Started by James Gryphon, December 26, 2015, 04:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Yep, why not.

If you could never see another person ever again.

Skyblade

No.

If you could never come on this forum (or the actual Redwall forum) ever again.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Groddil

Nope.

If you were blinded with no way to recover your sight ever again.

Lady Ashenwyte

No.

If your mind would contain multiple, conflicting personalities. These personalities can't control your physical form, but they can influence you.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

Fun, yep.

If you BECAME one of the personalities that couldn't control your physical form, but can influence you.

James Gryphon

...it depends on who gets to run me. But if I like them, I'd consider it.

...if you were hired by the federal government, for your full-time job, to sneak around at night (from 9 PM to 6 AM) scaring people? You also would receive $60,000 a year, with complete health insurance, and a bonus for every extra person that gets scared. If you ever got arrested by unknowing police officers, your friends in the government would make sure you were freed.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Don't see how that's a bad thing. Deal.

If you had to live in the middle of the Sahara Desert and could never leave. You could purchase everything you needed over the internet.

James Gryphon

For just a million, I think I'd have to pass.

...if, every day for the rest of your life, you were required to personally go to a store, ask them if they had a (real) product that you know they don't have, and then not buy anything from that store? The product you must ask for from that store must always be the same item, and the store must always be the same store. If you get barred from the premises, or the store permanently closes its doors, you are required to select a new store (and product, if you want). If the store is temporarily closed (such as on weekends), you may be excused for that day. If you're sick, injured or otherwise unable to appear that day, you may call the store on the phone instead.

If the store ever actually does have the product (whether because they got it specially for you, or they started selling it without your knowledge), you must turn it down. You must then switch to asking for a new product they don't have.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

No. It would be very annoying.

All your clothes, furniture, and books turned to different shades of pink.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

If I were a girl, I'd say absolutely yes. Given that I'm not, I have to decline. I'm not quite secure enough to live with that.

...if you had to carry around Monopoly (or some other game's) money with you, and always try to use it to buy products before using your actual method of payment?
« Subject to editing »

Eulaliaaa!

Sure, that would be funny :P

If you had to move to a country with a very different culture and language, then never be able to go back to your own home even if you're just visiting family?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

Huge change and possible risk, ergh, but for a million? I think I would do it. Besides, I have experience with that.

If every morning you woke up in a different, random place in your city.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

LT Sandpaw

I would get to know the city really well. ;D So yeah I would do that.

If your required to join a EOD Team in the Army (Explosive Ordinance Disposal [Defusing active bombs]) Which requires basic military training, EOD training, and Infantry training.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

There are some things about basic training (like the bathroom situations) which I'm afraid are untenable for me. Maybe I could do it someday, but at the point I'm at in my life, I don't think I'm up to that.

... if you had to sleep on the floor for the next seven years?
« Subject to editing »

Eulaliaaa!

Yeah, I'd just have my bedroom floor be a giant mattress ;D

If you had to have a limb of your choice surgically removed, then struggle with medical problems for the rest of your life.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.