News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

*The first Russian fleet, the 100 fast sloops, reach Stockholm. The skeleton crews steer them towards the Swedish Navy. The hundreds of gunpowder barrels piled high on the sloops are lit and the crews jump overboard. They are picked up by another ship travelling behind the fleet. The sloops continue to fly over the waves on their course straight for the Swedish ships. When the sloops hit the line of Swedish ships, the gunpowder explodes. The sloops and any ships they hit are vaporized instantly, while most of the surviving ships are set on fire. The captain of the rescue ship grins.*

OOC: Ready for Wing C now. Troops deployed from the ships should make their way to the gate.

BIC:
*The Admiral of the Russian fleet holds up a series of flags in communication to the Commanding Officer of Wing C of the Ottoman Navy. They are ready. The Russian fleet unfurls all sails and heads for Stockholm.*

Hickory

OOC: Okay, we need to keep this realistic and give Vilu a chance to retaliate. Unless, of course we just fight his battle for him. We did hat in the other topic.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Okey dokey. Although realistically, he doesn't stand a chance.

Søren

*100,000 Polish troops move into Russia as defense reserves*

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

Groddil and Sagetip
Greetings, mighty emperors. I have heard of your ongoing conquest of Sweden, and I demand that you stop, lest I am forced to draw my sword and take a decisive action against your allies. - Emperor Ashenwyte I 
[close]

The Emperor's artillery (20,000 in all) starts attacking the English army from range, inflicting heavy casualties, while the infantry and cavalry work together in hit and run attacks from different locations, killing officers and adding more to the casualty list.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

Lord Ashenwyte
The Russian Empire would like to send a request to Emperor Ashenwyte that he goes and boils his head.
Tsarina Natalia Lantur.
[close]

*The Russian naval forces land north of Stockholm. The regular troops deployed from the ships march towards Russian-Occupied North Sweden. Tsar Vladimir Groddil I and the cossacks head for the capital to link up with Dimitri.*

Meanwhile, in Switzerland...

*The 50,000 Swiss Mercenaries assist the Spanish forces in their hit and run strikes on England. The Swiss Guard recently called back from the Papal States are sent to reinforce the French lands given to Switzerland.*

Lady Ashenwyte

*The artillery create a large hole in the English line. Before the gap is filled, Magnus the Red leads a cavalry and Swiss charge into the gap, slaughtering all in their way*

*The Emperor, not wanting to be outperformed by his servant, leads his sharpshooters on a flank attack. The English line is peppered with bullets, many not missing their mark. All the officers are killed, and chaos reigns supreme on the English flank*

To the Tsarina
Mind your words, my lady. You are with your child, and we would not want both of you lying dead with necks broken, do we?
[close]

*The Spanish fleet sails to the Isle of Wight with 200,000 men, many of them mercenaries and conscripts. They land, and set up camp*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Groddil

Ashenwyte
"Emperor" Ashenwyte,
You dare threaten Russia? We will not stand for this. You lay one filthy hand near me or Nikolai, and the Tsar will peel you from his boot and eat you alive.
Tsarina Natalia Lantur.
[close]

Soren
Chancellor Soren,
I fear that Spain shall attack us. Threats have been made and I fear assassination. I request that you send a detachment of soldiers to St. Petersburg to bring me and my son back to Kiev.
Tsarina Natalia Lantur.
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

To the Tsarina
Your "husband", eh? I do wonder what he will do when he finds out you're in a relationship with Lord Soren. 
[close]

OOC: Groddil and Soren, I am so sorry. So so sorry. :P

Izeroth

OOC: Ashenwyte, Spain had already conquered most of South and Central America by 1700.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Woops, I haven't read up on my history. I'll fix that. :P

*300,000 men from the Spanish colonies sail to Europe*

Izeroth
Your kingdom is at risk yet again, honourable king. The Russians and their Ottoman puppets with their half formed dreams of conquest march on the good Kingdoms of Europe, and yours will be the first to fall without aid. Join the alliance, and your kingdom will weather this oncoming storm and flourish, I promise. 
[close]

Lord Daskar

OOC: I knew it, you're dead Groddil.

BIC:
Lord Daskar gathers the 500,000 troops from the royal training grounds in Osterund.
The troops in Stockholm do well against the Russian recruits, but will be overrun eventually.
The Queen freaks out.
A few Ships-of-the-Line attack the Portuguese fleet at Bergen.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Hickory

*The Ottoman fleet raises red flags and moves into firing position.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lord Daskar

OOC: Where is you're fleet?
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Søren

*a Polish Royal Security detachment arrives at St. Petersburg*

I'm retired from the forum