News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War in 1700 Cont.

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 28, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Daskar

OOC: I think Groddil found something that said they had 20,000,000. So by his standards he just has all the men in the country.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: That is incorrect. Besides, who's going to grow food for the country?

BIC: The new His Majesty's Royal English Army has been raised, numbering 230,000 Regulars, 60,000 Rifle Grenadiers, 50,000 Cavalry, 70,000 Dragoons, and assorted siege weaponry (Total = 410,000+). Embarking aboard the English Royal Fleet, they land at Versailles and quickly take the city. Rebuilding the battered walls, they send messengers to the British Army of Redemption and their Russian allies in Dunkirk. Under the general oversight of King Wylder I himself, the armies plan strategy. The English Royal Fleet of 110 ships-of-the-line and 70 sloops and frigates sails to battle the Spanish Armada for control of the British Channel. The British send their new Mid-Atlantic Fleet of 25 ships-of-the-line and 10 frigates and 5 sloops to the British West Indies with 50,000 troops.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Groddil

OOC: Okay, most of the conscripts went home.

BIC:

Soren
Lord Soren,
My troops are busy in Spain, so I would be extremely grateful if you marshaled troops and marched them to Sweden and put down Daskar. There are also 10,000 Swedish Militia that will be under your command when your forces get there.
Tsar Vladimir Groddil I, Ruler of Russia.
[close]

Tsar Vladimir Groddil I's private records.

To whoever reading this.
This document contains important information on Russian Troop Movements, for the Tsar's eyes only. Do not read under penalty of death.

Russian Troop Movements

Troops:
1,576,298 regular troops and 249,848 cossacks on their way to Spain.
500,000 stationed on the borders.
200,000 stationed throughout the Empire.
10,000 Swedish Miltia quelling revolts in Sweden.
100,000 serving Lord Soren in Lithuania-Poland.
47,350 traveling with the navy to Spain.

Ships:
6 1st Rate ships-of-the-line sailing to Portugal.
87 1st Rate ships-of-the-line sailing to France.
195 Ships-of-the-line ranging from 2nd rate to 4th rate sailing to France.
243 Frigates sailing to France.
278 Sloops sailing to France.
[close]
[close]

Izeroth

Sandpaw
Failure to respect the confidentiality of this letter constitutes a crime against the Kingdom of Brandenburg. Read at your own risk.

confidential
Very well. I shall cease all military action against Portugal as promised.
[close]
[close]

*Brandenburg annexes the formerly-Swedish Oder river delta. Plans are drawn for the construction of a new port on the coastal land.*

*The Atlantic privateer fleet ends its attacks on Portuguese shipping and releases captured sailors.*

*The main Brandenburgian army returns to Berlin, with a small garrison of 1,500 remaining in the border towns.*

Groddil

*Russian troops marching towards the Brandenburg-Russian border halt. A small contingent of soldiers are left behind to watch the borders, while the rest of the men change course for Sweden.*

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Groddil

50,000-ish, plus the 10,000 Swedish Militia already in Sweden, and Soren's 100,000 men plus whatever he rounds up.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Take it down by another million. If you wish, you can keep 300,000 as conscripts. Napoleon's army of 600,000 was colossal at this time period. An army of 1.5 million is as if all of Brandenburg-Prussia just got up and went to war. Also, remember that your armies are leaving your homeland undefended. You'll still have the largest army, but won't be soooooo OP. In addition, Russia at this period is not a happy place. Make too much war, and soon you'll be needing those troops at home to quell rebellion. Just remember, the object of this game is not to conquer, but to have fun. Killing people out of the game is generally off limits, unless they agree to it.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Groddil

Tsar Vladimir Groddil I's private records.

To whoever reading this.
This document contains important information on Russian Troop Movements, for the Tsar's eyes only. Do not read under penalty of death.

Russian Troop Movements

Troops:
1,076,298 regular troops and 249,848 cossacks on their way to Spain.
500,000 stationed throughout the Empire and on the borders.
10,000 Swedish Miltia quelling revolts in Sweden.
100,000 serving Lord Soren in Lithuania-Poland.
47,350 traveling with the navy to Spain.

Ships:
6 1st Rate ships-of-the-line sailing to Portugal.
87 1st Rate ships-of-the-line sailing to France.
195 Ships-of-the-line ranging from 2nd rate to 4th rate sailing to France.
243 Frigates sailing to France.
278 Sloops sailing to France.
[close]
[close]

OOC: Down another 700,000. Any more and I have to take away Soren's troops.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: That's good.

*Official Moderator Stamp of Approval*
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Hickory

OOC: I guess the Ottoman attack force of 400,000 when I attacked Sweden was overkill then.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Not really. The Ottoman Empire is huge and populous, although weakened by years of internal strife and poor rulers.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Hickory

OOC: Heh heh, no more poor rulers now.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

OOC: I'd refer to Wikipedia's pages on the wars that were actually fought at that time (like the Great Northern War) to determine realistic army sizes.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: I think I'll be stepping down from this one. I don't really find it fun anymore with the powerplaying. I'm leaving Spain open for whoever wants to pick up Spain. Good luck, guys.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.