News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

OOC: If they're a minutes jog away from the gates, than they probably could barely see each other. :P

Kyle followed Eul into the building. "Well, we can't go through the gates. Any ideas...?"

His eyes strayed towards the bottle, thinking along the same lines as Eul.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: When Fatch says a minutes jog from the gate, it isn't stressed that they still were that far away when Squire turns around. They could have jogged up to the gate and be much closer when everything goes down. Besides if they were that far away, I'd assume about a hundred yards, then shouting at them so they could hear would probably wake up everyone in the base. I think for our own sakes of continuing we'll assume our characters were less then thirty yards off when Squire spots them.

IC:

Kneeling by the door Antonio leveled his AR towards the door and windows, twisting his head slightly to speak to the others. "Damn, why'd you have to speak? We could have pretended to be some guards patrolling around, it was dark he might not have noticed." He shuffled back looking over the bottles. "We've got to get out of here fast, or we're done. Did any of you see any vehicles? I might not look it, but I can get a car running without a key." Antonio didn't notice, but his speech impediment seemed to vanish with his excitement and nervousness. His hands were sweaty, but a determined look had planted itself on his face. He wasn't getting captured again.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

A shouting conversation could be heard from outside. The voices became more audible as the guards approached the building.

"Who the devil was it Squire, I heard them shout!"

"Just another guard patrol. I recognized them. A joke, no doubt."

"Squire, don't be ridiculous. That was a threat, and it came from inside, and it came from the area near the slave enclosure. Escaped slaves, no doubt about it."

"Well you go inside and see about it then, if you're so sure."

"Squire, remember what happened last time you got too friendly with the slaves? Remember what Byurn did to you after you helped them escape?"

"I believe I've proven myself time and time again by bringing in more slaves since then, John."

"Well if Byurn finds out - "

"If I find out what?" Came a deep voice. Byurn was outside!

Dead silence fell over the guards.

The door below opened, and Byurn's voice got steadily closer -

"No point denying it, you fools. I know they escaped. Guard went in for that idiot's body and was going to ask his friends if they wanted to bury him tomorrow. Realized none of them were there. So they're inside this building?"

"Yes sir, and you'll run into them if you keep walking!"

"I want to run into them. We're going to reason with them. You up there! We come in peace. Don't shoot alright? I just want to talk, man to man."

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Eulaliaaa!

Eul had the molotov cocktail prepared, motioning for the others to remain silent. She held her hand out for the lighter, looking up at the trap door. If they lit the crops on fire, Byurn might think they had left the building and search for them elsewhere.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

Byurn, apparently unhappy about the dangerous silence and confined quarters, was now backing out of the building. The survivors had a view of him suddenly from the window. He shouted into the night angrily

"Come out here now!" - he suddenly grabbed a guard that must have came out with him and suddenly pulled a gun, and held it against his head - "Or I kill your spy! If that's not enough I can order every prisoner in the pit to be executed to! I don't know where you are, but I know you can hear me!"

Hickory

Kyle didn't respond, but pressed the lighter into Eul's hand.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul took the lighter and dropped her backpack, crouching and making her way to the ladder, feeling nauseous with fear. As quickly as possible, she went up the ladder onto the roof, her hands shaking slightly. The crop field was in full view, and she lit the paper on fire, waiting several seconds before hurling the molotov cocktail towards the field with as much strength as she could.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

All the guards outside ducked as a bottle flew from the roof and landed in the fields - causing a huge ball of flames to suddenly light up the crops. The fire quickly spread.

Byurn cursed angrily.

"Nowhere to go from up there, I'm afraid! If you're not down here soon, this man is going to die. I'm going to ask you some questions and you're going to answer them!"

He nodded to his men, and they spread out around the building, so that a Molotov could not get them all.

"You throw one of those stupid things at me, you burn your own man! I know even people like you aren't that low! Even I wouldn't do it!"

Hickory

Kyle called back, without showing himself. "You think we'd take our chances to save a "spy" we don't even know? We already left the others behind, you think we'd save a complete stranger?"

He shifted positions so that if he stood up, he'd get a good line of fire at Byurn.

Fatch of Southsward

Byurn actually looked confused, and tore his gaze away from the roof, and looked at the guard, who was now panting in fear.

"You don't know him at all?"

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: we should probably wait for Sand to catch up.

Hickory

OOC: That's what I was thinking.

LT Sandpaw

"Don't shoot, if they open fire we'll be suppressed in seconds." Antonio warned as he peeked out the window. "But I got a plan, be ready to throw one of those Molotov cocktails when I shout."
Digging into his pocket Antonio raised a hand so it could be seen out the window, slowly he stood up so he could see the guards protecting Byurn.
"Don't shoot, you can kill that man if you want, we don't care, but I think you care about this." Antonio held up the antidote vial, for Byurn to see. "You'll let us pass, or I will destroy this antidote, Y5dd Pathogen Antidote and we'll shoot you. Let us pass, and let us get out of range, and I'll leave this with one of your guards!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Eulaliaaa!

Eul, who had scrambled down the ladder and joined the others again, quickly prepared another molotov cocktail, ready to ignite it at any second. "Good idea," she whispered.