News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Quote from: Sagetip on September 05, 2016, 02:15:04 AM
Kyle switched to his old tesla that he still carried around. Firing off a burst of electricity, the bolt illuminated the zombie horde in blue light as it skimmed by the man with the rifle. "Go!" said Kyle, ready with Eric.
Lightning edit: Oops. I guess it's really my bad.

Seeing that Antonio had made it across, Kyle took the mag out of his rifle and put it in his belt. "Hold this," he said to Eric, gripping one of the man's arms in his hand. "Follow behind me. Try anything, and I'm sure my friends will shoot you."

He started across the ladder.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

Kyle and Eric successfully made it across the ladder. A final shot from Eul sent the gunman tumbling from view. They were free!

The four spent the remainder of that day escaping the horde time and time again, although not nearly as intensely as this had been. Still, the zombies seemed to be around every corner, on every street. None of them had realized just how bad the situation was for the world. They had heavily underestimated the force of the zombies.

When Eul, Kyle, Eric and Antonio finally emerged from the town, they were all dripping sweat. They were covered in the blood of the dead, but overall were none the worse for wear. Eul was limping slightly, and Kyle was bleeding from his shoulder. Antonio, still railed from being shot, was walking hunched over, holding what was, perhaps, a broken rib. Eric was draped between Eul and Kyle - in and out of consciousness. Sheer determination alone kept the group moving forward. Eric panted out directions as best he could. They had to get to the safe place soon!

"A right... here. Got a camp... We will be safe... Hurry!"

The dead shambled along behind them - they weren't out of the woods yet. And they still had to decide if they trusted Eric enough to allow him to take them... wherever he was taking them.

Group 2:

The hummer had continued for some time along the road. Jason and Delthion were leaning back in relief. Whatever had been after them, or that man, was surely gone now. As they laughed and talked, Jason happened to glance in the rear view mirror. He jumped up in surprise.

Far behind them, and gaining ground fast, was a tank. The barrel was leveled directly at them, and seeing that they were spotted, a magnified voice carried to them.

"Stop your vehicle. If you don't stop now, we'll stop you for you. We're just looking for someone."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

LT Sandpaw

OOC: A tank was gaining on a Hummer? :o Fast tank. Or bad roads.

IC:

Last time Antonio had considered just trusting somebody they had ended up drugged, and working as slaves for a psychopath. The doctor shook his head, pulling out a knife.
"No, we'll make our own camp." He groaned, leaning against a tree. "We'll kill what's left of them, uggh, and... And find a house or something."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

Delthion

"We probably will need to stop. Even if they aren't looking for someone, what's the worst that they can do?" Delthion said, hoping Jason would listen.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

"I don't think staying in here is a good idea. Explosives and big targets don't mix."
He slowed the hummer to a crawl and hit the brakes.
"Get on the gun, just in case."
Jason kicked open the door and stepped into the open."

Hickory

OOC: Gun's not gonna do much if it's an American tank. M1 Abrams uses depleted uranium as armor.

Russian tanks, on the other hand. Shoddy communist construction.

BIC: Kyle nodded in agreement with Antonio. Yeah. We can look at your camp in the morning, but in the meantime..."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

"It would be best to hole up in a building on the outside of town for the night," Eul said. "We'll check out your camp tomorrow. But right now we need food and shelter, and you need to answer our questions." She stopped to look around for a place to stay, determining what the safest building or place would be.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Quote from: Sagetip on September 06, 2016, 11:52:32 PM
OOC: Gun's not gonna do much if it's an American tank. M1 Abrams uses depleted uranium as armor.

Russian tanks, on the other hand. Shoddy communist construction.

BIC: Kyle nodded in agreement with Antonio. Yeah. We can look at your camp in the morning, but in the meantime..."

The point is in case anybody gets out of the tank. At least then we've got some leverage. Barely, but still...

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

Eric shook his head slowly.

"Alright then. Have it your way. I wouldn't bother but I owe you my miserable life. That shack over there looks like it would pass for shelter. It looks like a storm is brewing, so we need to hurry and get to shelter soon. I would still prefer to be under a stone roof with a fire, but suit yourselves."

Group 2:

The tank approached quickly - rumbling over fallen trees, bodies and abandoned cars. It rolled to a stop no more than ten yards away from the hummer.

Several other vehicles approached more slowly - held back by the mess of the road. An old pickup truck and a minivan.

A man with binoculars attached around his neck, stepped out of the car. He cursed.

"It's them alright. Don't move a muscle you cowards."

The tank leveled its barrel and a dozen men fanned out into the trees around them.

"We went to great lengths to free one of our men who was long captured by a group of terrorists. You handed him back over to them. We saw from the binoculars. Explain yourselves. How can you put your own life so far beyond the lives of others? He was a good man. You gave him to torturers and killers. We followed you here because he was like a brother to us. How can we forgive you for doing what you have done?"

Delthion

"Frankly," said Delthion, still manning the gun. "There's no reason why you should forgive us, but this is a world of survivors, those who don't adapt die. He was scared out of his wits and had lost the will to live. He would have gotten us killed if we hesitated. Now we can adapt, join forces and try to take care of this so-called terrorist group, or you can attempt to stand before the storm and snap like the oak in that fable, the choice is yours! If you choose to kill us though, you will die in the process, if you let us live, we will share our knowledge of the area and our resources with you, any group in this day and age will need extra manpower." As he finished he leveled the gun at the speaker, maintaining a look of indifference.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Jason folded his arms.
"Exactly. Whoever you once knew was long gone. By the time we found him, he was stark raving bonkers. I've got a son to take care of. Did you have a family before all this happened? Then you'd know how I feel. You would do the same. Would YOU exchange somebody for the life of YOUR family? Besides, you don't know he's dead. If I hadn't have handed a COMPLETE. STRANGER. Over to those people, then I would be dead. My son would be dead. Is that what you'd want to happen to YOUR child?"

Fatch of Southsward

Group 2:

The man stepped further into the light, giving them a better view of him. He was wearing full military camouflage gear, and a simple officer's military cap. His features were sharp, but aged. He spread his arms wide.

"You talk to me of what I would want with my son? You, who only moments ago left a family with no hope of a returning father? His sons and daughters, still young and helpless, will never have a father again. And that's on you."

"Son, I've spent thirty five years in the military, and I've seen far worse than this. I've been raised and served with the ideals of dying for my country. In the face of terror I would not stand down and hand over someone who had never done me wrong. I would have fought. I would have died. As you should have."

"Now I stand, arms spread wide, defenseless. Would you like to shoot me down, as you practically already have done? I guess the difference is - this time you would die for doing it. There's no way out of this for you."

He turned to Delthion - "I don't know if this man is really your father. He ain't even sightly the picture of you. But if you think this mess is a storm that can snap me, you're gravely mistaken. This ain't nothin'. I don't fear death. I could have you both blasted away in a second."

Now he addressed them both.

"I will not deny that we need people. Everyone does. Ain't no reinforcements on the way anymore. Every life lost is another spot left empty. You say you know the area and its resources? What do you know? Do you have charts? A map? What can you offer me if I take you in?"

Delthion

Delthion eyed the man with an eyebrow raised, "I have no intention to shoot you unless you give the order to kill us. My father has the maps and such."

Groddil

Jason pulled the map from his pocket, along with a lighter.
"First you talk of killing us in some sort of vigilante rage, just for doing what anybody would have done. Now you want our help? How do I know you won't just stab us in the back. I can offer a lot. Information. Food and water to last a long time. Another car, with more fuel, and that's in a better condition than anything you've got, short of the tank. What do you have to offer me? Because we've been betrayed too many times."