News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

"It'll do better then anything else... Else I suppose." Antonio grunted, he slung his pack off his shoulder and found a half mag of pistol ammo which he loaded. "I'd give anything for a river to... To wash in, we'll die of who knows what covered in this gore." He quickly disposed of the few zombies with the knife, holding the pistol at the ready just in case. Finished Antonio led the way, moving a little faster as he wasn't carrying Eric, his assumed broken rib leaving him to check the possible shelter. Moving up to the shack he leaned against the rotting wood wall by the door, prepared. One pained kick later he burst the door open, gun at the ready, looking inside for any possible dangers.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

There was a lone figure on the ground at the back of the shack. It looked up at him as he entered, and began reaching towards Antonio, moaning hungrily. The wall behind him had words written in blood. They read: "Liar".

Group 2:

The old soldier glanced down at the map and chuckled. "This is useless. There's a dozen of these things at any gas station within thirty miles of here. I've got one in the car myself."

He laughed and nodded, waving his fingers. A giant of a man with bulging muscles that seemed to fight the constraining tank top he was wearing stepped out of the back of the mini van.

"You ask what I have for you? You owe me enough to make up for a good man. What you have here - it's not near enough. You don't know that we aren't going to betray you. The only thing I can promise you is what I've promised every man here. Fair treatment. They're still here safe and sound. No reason you should deserve any more than that. Give Axel here your weapons. Once you've done that we'll let you ride in the back of the minivan."

He grinned slowly, and raised a hand to the tank behind him. "But I sure as paint ain't leavin' you two out here after the damage you've caused me. There's not much of a choice in it for you. You're with us or you're dead. We don't normally take this stance, but in the name of the man who died at your hands I'm going to make this right as best I can. You prove your value and good nature to me, then you can go."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Delthion

"What damage? We caused you no damage, you want us to pay you back? Then you should give us that opportunity instead of asking us to surrender our weapons, we are in no position to attempt an escape. Only a fool let's his judgment be clouded by emotion, especially in this day and age. If you take our weapons, you gain ammunition, but lose two men. We are willing to help, show us the children and wife that the man left behind him. He gave his life for your cause, let us do the same to honor his memory! What could we possibly do against you? You have superior armament and manpower, if we try to escape or pull anything, punish us accordingly!" Delthion finished still manning the gun, waiting for the man's reply.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 2:

The man shook his head.

"I am giving you the opportunity. Put down your guns. You will be blindfolded and brought to our home. There you may meet his family. If you have the guts."

Delthion

Delthion looked to Jason, they hadn't much else to do in this situation. It seemed like the best plan, but were they trustworthy? "I'll do it," said Delthion, climbing out of the Hummer and relinquishing his weapons. "Just make sure nothing happens to that sword. When we are helping you, you'll want me to have it."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on September 09, 2016, 01:57:19 AM
The old soldier glanced down at the map and chuckled. "This is useless. There's a dozen of these things at any gas station within thirty miles of here. I've got one in the car myself."

@Fatch of Southsward: I never gave him the map. Jason's holding it over a lighter right now threatening to burn it as leverage.

Fatch of Southsward

@Groddil - in this situation the map from Byurn's compound would be the one that got you leverage. Yours is useless, in this spot, unfortunately.

Group 2:

The giant man, Axel, took Delthion's weapons and grunted appreciatively. He blindfolded Delthion and lifted him easily into the back of the minivan.

The military man looked at Jason warily. Jason worried him - his eyes were wild and lost looking. This man looked crazy.

"You might as well join him. There's nothing you can do alone."

Eulaliaaa!

Eul stabbed the zombie in the brain, going outside and glancing around to see if anyone was visible before going back inside. She looked t the word written on the wall to see how long ago it was made. "Ok, I can take first watch if you guys want some sleep. I'll get a fire started, there's some food in my bag we can eat. Is anyone hurt?" she looked at Eric, her eyes narrowing. "You have some talking to do, buddy."

OOC: Fatch, are you talking about the map I took from the room?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

NOPE:

Groddil

"I don't trust you. I'm sure you've done things far worse than us. Why else would you have a tank? But you've already taken the only person I care about who isn't six feet under in the middle of Oregon right now. Fine."
Jason waited to be blindfolded.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

OOC: Ya'll jumped the gun a little bit. I'll back up slightly:

As Eul (or Antonio-whichever responds first) stepped into the shack to get the zombie, an unseen figure behind the door grabbed ahold of him (or her) from behind and knocked him (or her) to the floor. It growled and flailed as the downed hero struggled. The zombie sitting on the ground climbed up and began to crawl towards the fallen figure.

Group 2:

The man shook his head.

"I have not done anything near what I believe you have done. Time will tell. We have a psychologist at base. Axel, go ahead."

The massive man blindfolded Jason and bodily lifted him into the back of the mini van.

LT Sandpaw

Rushing in behind Eul Antonio stabbed downwards, plunging his knife into the creature's skull. The blade slid through rotting flesh and softened bone easily, leaving the zombie lying on top of her, but dead. Taking his pistol, Antonio preformed an awkward shove towards the oncoming zombie's head. Its jaws clamed around the pistol, muffling its growling somewhat, and giving Antonio enough time to run it through the eye with his knife.

Antonio panted from the rushed actions, his adrenaline kicking in a bit too late. He made sure to roll the suppressing weight of the dead zombie off Eul, helping her up. "You okay?" He asked hesitantly.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul had been about to stab up at the zombie's face when Antonio took action, and she pushed the finished zombie off of her. "Yeah, thanks," she said, standing up and looking around for more dangers. "I'll search the shed and start a fire. There's food in my bag."