News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

...I want someone who will treat everyone equally no matter what the hecky heck kinda reasons society uses to discriminate, someone who'll focus on our economy, be friendly with other countries but not to the point we're mocked or taken advantage of, and someone who doesn't get into other peoples' business.

Who's with me?!

Wylder Treejumper

(Paul Ryan for President 2020!)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

James Gryphon

Paul Ryan is the current Speaker of the House.

Mod: Things have gotten a bit heated here, and as such, this thread's going to be locked down for a time. It'll be back when we feel the time is right.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Groddil

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Well turns out they're both criminals. Except there's no proof that Hillary is whereas Donald Trump has confessed to his crimes.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

On the record, I didn't vote for that man either. I found both of the main party candidates unpalatable.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Okay cool.

That was just a general comment though.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Groddil

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 04, 2016, 09:44:51 PM
On the record, I didn't vote for that man either. I found both of the main party candidates unpalatable.

Yeah, if I was actually a voting-age American, I'd be voting for a third-party candidate as well. People might consider that a waste of a vote, but come on, voting for Trump or Hillary isn't?

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Groddil on November 04, 2016, 09:53:00 PM

Yeah, if I was actually a voting-age American, I'd be voting for a third-party candidate as well. People might consider that a waste of a vote, but come on, voting for Trump or Hillary isn't?
I agree with you- partially. We have to vote on issues. Foremost among these, in my mind, are Supreme Court justices. Right now, we have a court about to be tipped out of balance. If you look at voting records, liberal justices block-vote, because they are not in any way concerned with the Constitutionality of the matter- only the touchy-feely emotions or liberal talking-points attached to it. Justice Scalia, on the other hand, went out of his way to deliver judgments he didn't agree with because of his views on Constitutionality. It is justices like that that I want- ones interested in judging cases based on the Constitution, and not ones interested in delivering "social progress". This is an issue of preserving the Constitution, or hamstringing it for decades to come. A President Clinton couldn't care less about the limits of government- see emails.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

LT Sandpaw

This race is still surprisingly close, with Trump not getting as slaughtered as expected. The FBI reopening Hillary's case has been really hurting her.
That and the fact that it was revealed she was hiring people to go cause fights at Trump rallies.

This election was just bad, I'm glad its almost over. Its really been a stain upon American politics, I suppose we can just hope that it will be different in four years.

Did you vote for Gary Johnson or Evan McMullin?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

I had to think about it. It was a toss-up between Johnson, McMullin, and Castle. A pro-abortion candidate, a flash in the pan who's practically the same as the guy that lost the last time, or a guy whose party is totally irrelevant, and who my voting for would not change anything in any way (except possibly get me on the extremist watch list).

I left home to go to the polling place unsure, but thinking I would probably vote Libertarian. I generally agree with them on their limited-government positions. But when I was actually standing there, in the box, it occurred to me that while some of the specific details of government policy might not be mentioned anywhere in the Bible, the principles that would lead one to stand for life, and against abortion, absolutely are. Do the particulars of the implementation of government policies outweigh that?

I voted Evan McMullin.

I don't agree with many of his thoughts on things (his being a CIA spook probably has somewhat to do with that), but if my support does nothing else, it will clearly send the message that I could never vote for someone like Donald Trump, and that that's the main reason I didn't support them this time.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jet the binturong on November 04, 2016, 09:42:19 PM
Well turns out they're both criminals. Except there's no proof that Hillary is whereas Donald Trump has confessed to his crimes.

No proof but common sense, y'mean?

Honestly? Both major candidates are criminals lower than a worm's belly. Who knows what's gonna happen, during and after  election. (Speaking of which, did you know that the electoral votes aren't counted until the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December? [Or was it the other way around?])

I, personally, am just scared of what's gonna happen after the new president is announced. I have dance next Tuesday. . . Hope I can get home, at least, before things get heated.