News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Question: Why are either of them allowed to run for president? Donald Trump has confessed to sexual assault and tax avoidance which should land him jail time, and Hillary Clinton is under heavy suspicion of numerous crimes.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Because the morals of our country are in a very messed-up state.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

We were talking about this in school--some kid in my class said it's the "Day America Expires".

:P

alexandre

If I could I would vote for Hillary, at least she tear down all the good Obama put up however flawed she may be. I still don't understand how anyone who cares about other people could vote Trump.
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Jet the binturong on November 05, 2016, 12:49:15 AM
Question: Why are either of them allowed to run for president? Donald Trump has confessed to sexual assault and tax avoidance which should land him jail time, and Hillary Clinton is under heavy suspicion of numerous crimes.
Wait, what?  When did he confess to sexual assault?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

I'd post the video, but it's so disgustingly inappropriate I can't do it.

Basically, he bragged about violating women to someone in 2005, and the Washington Post released the video of him saying it, alongside that it was "locker room talk" according to Trump. It was incredibly degrading to women, and Trump, naturally, tried to shrug it off.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

alexandre

Quote from: Sagetip on November 05, 2016, 04:09:58 AM

Basically, he bragged about violating women to someone in 2005, and the Washington Post released the video of him saying it, alongside that it was "locker room talk" according to Trump. It was incredibly degrading to women, and Trump, naturally, tried to shrug it off.

He was talking to Billy Bush, it was horrible, but sadly not surprising after all that Trump has done and said already,

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

James Gryphon

Quote from: Sagetip on November 05, 2016, 04:09:58 AM
If you had, I'd have taken it down.

To be honest, even your description made me think about whether I should edit the post or not.

It's safe to say that this is not someone that I feel someone who's fully informed can readily support. There's a very sweet person I know who is inclined to vote for Trump, and I couldn't explain why he's so bad because I couldn't think of any way to adequately describe how obscene he is that I wouldn't feel at least a little guilty about saying it to them out loud.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

I knew about that already.  I didn't think that he explicitly said he'd done any of that.  Although, from what I've heard about it, the things he said were atrocious.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Wait, that was from 2005? What does that have to do with this election in 2016?! The things these politician-things do to each other is incredible.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Quote from: alexandre on November 05, 2016, 01:27:24 AM
If I could I would vote for Hillary, at least she tear down all the good Obama put up however flawed she may be. I still don't understand how anyone who cares about other people could vote Trump.

Yeah, swap Trump and Hillary around there. However bad he may be, he doesn't want to establish a no-fly zone over Syria, even after already being told that that will require WAR WITH SYRIA AND RUSSIA, like Hillary does. I'd rather have a jerk in charge than have war.

LT Sandpaw

The mental gymnastics required to try and reason that either of the candidates are morally worthy to take office would be impossible. Even Gary Johnson is a immoral hypocrite, and he's not even a libertarian.

If you want to vote moral-wise you've got to vote for Evan McMullin, who might win Utah. If he's lucky...

I'm personally going to vote Trump, I want him to get rid of Obamacare and business regulations, everyone knows Trump is going to help corporations and businesses (He's a business man after all) which is what I think is most important. He'll help secure the border, ICE and the Border Protection have endorsed him so we know they'll work with him to achieve that goal, whether he can build a wall or not, honestly I don't care about the wall, so if it never gets built I'm fine with that.

The last thing most Americans want is to emulate Sweden and Germany, so my vote unwillingly goes to Trump.

Fingers crossed.

@Groddil  Do you Watch GradeA UnderA by any chance?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 05, 2016, 09:40:31 PM
@Groddil  Do you Watch GradeA UnderA by any chance? Heh. Thought somebody would realize that.

alexandre

Quote from: Groddil on November 05, 2016, 08:52:46 PM
Quote from: alexandre on November 05, 2016, 01:27:24 AM

Yeah, swap Trump and Hillary around there. However bad he may be, he doesn't want to establish a no-fly zone over Syria, even after already being told that that will require WAR WITH SYRIA AND RUSSIA, like Hillary does. I'd rather have a jerk in charge than have war.

I find it odd that you think Hillary would be the one to start a war, I would remind you all of what happened as far as the middle east goes last time we elected a Republican President, war.
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 05, 2016, 09:40:31 PM

The mental gymnastics required to try and reason that either of the candidates are morally worthy to take office would be impossible. Even Gary Johnson is a immoral hypocrite, and he's not even a libertarian.

If you want to vote moral-wise you've got to vote for Evan McMullin, who might win Utah. If he's lucky...

I'm personally going to vote Trump, I want him to get rid of Obamacare and business regulations, everyone knows Trump is going to help corporations and businesses (He's a business man after all) which is what I think is most important. He'll help secure the border, ICE and the Border Protection have endorsed him so we know they'll work with him to achieve that goal, whether he can build a wall or not, honestly I don't care about the wall, so if it never gets built I'm fine with that.

The last thing most Americans want is to emulate Sweden and Germany, so my vote unwillingly goes to Trump.

Fingers crossed.

@Groddil  Do you Watch GradeA UnderA by any chance?
I also find it odd that you think helping corporations is a good thing, how many people will have to lose their jobs and money before you will realize that the corporations don't care about you, they just want more money, your money. As for Trump being a business man, I would not call four bankruptcies anything a worthy businessman could call successful. Also, Cheney tried to run the country like a buisness, remember  what happened then?

Everyone wants border security from drugs and crime, it is just that we should be focusing on letting people enter the US legally and pave a path toward citizenship instead of feeding off of racism and trying to keep everyone out. This country was made by immigrants, so let us make them a part of our great nation, our American dream instead of insisting that they are stealing American jobs, they aren't stealing American jobs, they are equal to Americans and should be treated as such.

I find it more than a bit sexist that after everything Trump has done, people still find them equal. Trump has done and said things on more than one occasion that I am definitely not allowed to post on the forum. Trump also doesn't have any experience with the political world, he is a reality tv star, a lot of people like the fact that he is not a politician, honestly, I am perfectly fine with someone with 30 years of experience in the field being elected. The whole "we don't want a politician thing" kind of makes me think of a class of kindergartners, most of them probably would rather have a teacher with no experience that just gave them time to play all day while their brains slowly crumbled, and they would later regret not learning than have a teacher who teaches them what they need to keep learning and grow up and be successful even if the teacher could be quite mean sometimes. In the Metaphor, the second teacher is Hillary. Anyone old enough to vote should have grown out of that attitude by now.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine