News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

These kind of debates are helpful though, it helps show who the idiots are.

The Skarzs

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 08, 2016, 02:03:35 PM
Quote from: alexandre on November 08, 2016, 05:16:45 AM

Conspiracy theory: What if Trump and Clinton planned this election so that Trump would try to win the primaries, and would lose to Clinton on purpose? It makes sense right, with the whole lesser of two evils thing, that was planned, Hillary would definitely lose to any of the other republican candidates, and all this info about Trump sexually assaulting people, how come that stuff was only uncovered recently, it wasn't that difficult to dig up from what I hear.

I don't necessarily believe any of this but I would like to put it out there for discussion.

You know news companies like CNN are in the Clinton's pocket. And WikiLeaks has revealed some interesting discussions between mainstream media and the Clinton campaign, basically saying they wanted Trump, or Cruz to win the Primaries so that the Media could pound on them and hopefully win the election for Clinton. The plan was to report positively on Trump or Cruz until the Primaries were over, and then switch to full on attack mode, which we all saw, don't try to deny it. Except... The plan didn't work out the way they expected.

It was assumed the media would be able to destroy Trump the way they destroyed Romney. That didn't happen though, and now the media are making themselves out as fools as they desperately attack Trump every day with absurd charges. So your 'conspiracy theory' isn't entirely off track.

Anyway off to vote.
I think you mean the Trump News Network.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

They've given Trump more free reporting then any other presidential candidate in history. Its literally constant. I wonder how much Clinton has had to pay them to do it. ;D

Quote from: Kitsune on November 08, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
These kind of debates are helpful though, it helps show who the idiots are.

Heh, exactly.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

Votes are being counted up. I have to admit I'm anxious.
« Subject to editing »

Grond

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 09, 2016, 12:09:54 AM
Votes are being counted up. I have to admit I'm anxious.

Yeah its wrapping up. I guess on one hand most people's lives won't change much regardless of who wins...

LT Sandpaw

Kentucky and Indian are Trump victories, with a landslide victory for Hillary in Vermont.

Georgia and Virginia are both looking good for Republicans, however Florida might be lost, it'll be close.

Meanwhile it appears New Hampshire might be a close Trump victory.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

If you're going by the Google results, there's so few votes in for NH I wouldn't consider that to have any bearing on what happens there.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Sand, it's an election, not a war. ::) *Sarcasm* Nice terminology. *End sarcasm*

Banya

I'm at work right now, which I've mentioned before is the student union on campus. Some people in the city can vote here, but most residents vote elsewhere. Students can vote absentee here, though, and the building has been packed all day. The line is a two-hour wait, so it's moving pretty steadily. I had to move the line when it starting wrapping around the ground floor (voting isn't even on the ground floor; that's how long the line is). It was finally cut off at 8 when the polls closed, with city officials standing by watching the students already in line as it dwindles down. I've dealt with a congresswoman trying to bribe students with food, and I've set the TVs to a nice mix of Fox, CNN, NBC, and ABC to appeal to everyone. I am on one of the most liberal campuses in the country, though, and it's clear from the pins and sidewalk chalk which way nearly everyone leans. There's a live viewing party upstairs that's open to the public, and the feeling in the air is one of uncertainly and excitement.

Cornflower MM

I forget, who's the liberal one?

alexandre

I'm watching the TYT live election stream right now, best     news      channel       ever
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Banya

Quote from: Peony on November 09, 2016, 01:58:59 AM
I forget, who's the liberal one?
Dems are liberal, the blue party, the "liberal left"/"left wing," donkey mascot; Republicans are conservative, the red party, the "right wing," elephant mascot.

Edit: To clarify briefly, libertarians (the Libertarian Party having been in the news quite a bit during this election cycle), tend to be politically conservative and socially liberal, believing in small government but having more accepting views on social topics. Populists, which are much less heard of, are the opposite, being politically liberal and socially conservative. The Taxpayers Party believes in the Bible as the basis of the constitution and the nation and leans right (conservative). The Green party is a progressive, environmental party that leans left (liberal).
Among the religious groups, Catholics tend to lean right (conservative), Jews and Muslims tend to lean left (liberal), Protestants are pretty moderate.
This has been U.S. Government 101.

James Gryphon

Any of y'all want to go on Discord to "watch" things with me?
« Subject to editing »

alexandre

Im down for that, coming right over  :)
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

DanielofRedwall