News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Doctor Who Thread (Rebooted Series or Doctors 9+)

Started by AxeHound, October 15, 2012, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 14, 2013, 04:25:59 AM
  Sorry for the double post, but I found something that you guys might appreciate.

Google Maps TARDIS exploration!

Pity ye can only ezplore ze main room. Ah'd like tae gae an' get lozt in ze TARDIS zometime!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 14, 2013, 04:07:32 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on August 14, 2013, 04:25:59 AM
  Sorry for the double post, but I found something that you guys might appreciate.

Google Maps TARDIS exploration!

Pity ye can only ezplore ze main room. Ah'd like tae gae an' get lozt in ze TARDIS zometime!

I know!  But at least we can explore the console and such.  It's pretty cool!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

White One6193

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 01, 2013, 08:42:47 AM
The 9th Doctor is a prat. Christopher Ecclestone is the worst actor to ever play the role (in fact having seen in in a couple of other things, he's probably the worst actor fullstop), but he wasn't helped by idiotic stories about farting aliens and man-eating wheelie bins.  :(

OK, first series of New Who was campy, yeah, but that was NOT Chris Eccleston's fault. That was the producers thinking that this show HAD to be for kids and could not therefore be given any serious dramatic attention.

Whereas when Stephen Moffat starting PRODUCING (and kicked the old production team upstairs) instead of being forced into WRITING the script, things got better and more dramatic.

Christopher Eccleston was DIRECTED to perform the character as snide and arrogant as possible. Plus, he was not a fanboy like the next two Doctors, both of whom had loved the old series and wished to bring respectability and honor to their favorite hero. He was hired because he had a recognizable name and would get people to watch.

And really, Eccleston should have gotten a medal for that performance in "Dalek". That episode had an intensity and dramatic aura that had not been seen before that point on New Who.

And TOM BAKER RULES. just sayin'.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Firehawke

Has anyone else watched the new trailer yet???

The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Rainshadow

Ugh, why can't the 23rd come faster?!  I'm so excited for it!  And that trailer looks very awesome, by the way.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Firehawke

I totally agree!!!
I'm hoping to be able to get the series 7 soundtrack when it comes out, but even that won't make the wait seem any shorter!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Firehawke on October 23, 2013, 07:24:08 PM
I totally agree!!!
I'm hoping to be able to get the series 7 soundtrack when it comes out, but even that won't make the wait seem any shorter!

Yeah, currently I'm listening to season 5's soundtrack and it's just making me miss the good ole days when I could watch three episodes of Doctor Who in one sitting and still have two seasons left before I was caught up.  :P

Firehawke

Ordered the Series 7 soundtrack from Amazon...and it's one of those that you can auto-rip!  So, don't have the CD in hand, but I'm listening to it right now!

Only 17 more days!!!!!!

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

Rainshadow

Sorry for the double post, but I thought you guys might appreciate the new trailer.

I personally started hyperventilating when I saw it.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

And some other little teasers I found:

EDIT:  So, just found out that apparently there's gonna be a mini episode on the 16th called The Night of the Doctor.  It's gonna be about 7 minutes long, and the description says it's gonna feature EITHER David Tennant, Matt Smith, or John Hurt.  Not all three, just one.

Firehawke

I love the new trailers!!!  Hope the mini episode gets uploaded...I can't wait!!!

PrimroseWarrior

Steven moffat lives off of the tears of all the broken hearted whovians. HURRY UP!!!!
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

Norham Waterpaw

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAH! Just finished season 7 pt. 2!

I was a little disappointed, because just as they were developing the GI's character, he died.
And it had an unsatisfying ending for Clara.

:P

But hey, it was good nonetheless.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

I don't believe it's the end of Clara, I think she's sticking around for the next season, but yeah, I was pretty interested in the GI.  It took me a bit to realize that he kept popping up, but as soon as I saw that, I was like, "Oooooohhhhh!  It makes sense now!"  :P

Well, anyway, a friend of mine just started season 1, and she was talking about it on the phone the other day, which made me miss Christopher Eccleston.  So I'm loading up Bad Wolf right now.  :P