News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Tower of the Deep

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 13, 2013, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

"Well, do we want to open this?" Amos said, still backing away from the door. "There's something huge back there!"
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

"Er, I'm not sure. If its another statue, we can probably take it. If not- well, I don't know. Though, if there was a sorcerer animating the dead, he may gather the strength to reanimate them if we stay put."

Norham Waterpaw

Amos cautiously stepped in front of the door. He looked at the lock, and put his paw on it. He shot a pulse from his paw, and into the lock. It shattered onto the floor. The doors flung open, sending Amos flying backwards. It was a monstrosity! It was like a great beast made from brass, but it wasn't brass. Its eyes burned like hot coals.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

Sedge had just entered the room from a side door when the beast awoke, "You fool! You've woken the Ashen Fiend!" The squirrel raised the staff in his paws and brought it down with great force to the floor and yelled, "GET DOWN!" A barely visible wave emitted from the staff. A concussive wave that made even the stones inlaid into the floor ripple, pushing the beast to the far wall, and temporarily stunning it.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rusvul

Rusvul immediately cloaked himself. He knew invisibility would be helpful against such a large and hulking foe.
OOC: I'm not sure what it is, but it sounds almost like a steampunk golem-y thing.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: That was the idea. ;D

Amos, now recovered, stared in awe as the squirrel beat the beast senseless in seconds. Amos took out his now red-hot knife. He made it so hot, it turned white, but it would never melt, as it being forged from the heat of a volcano's core. He plunged it into the beast like a hot knife to butter.

Thomas Barkshield

Tom drew his bow and fired several times into the beasts head, hoping the arrows would kill it.

Norham Waterpaw

The beast, now angrier than before, flung Amos off itself. Arrows clanged kff its head. It turned toward Tordek, and began charging at him.

Ooc: You're not actually using Tom his time. It's Tordek, right?

Thomas Barkshield

OOC: Yeah, he's more heavily armoured and, well, dumber.

BIC: Tordek rolled out of the way , dropped his bow, and took another hack at the golem.

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys, who had been right next to Amos when the door opened, was sent flying when they burst open. Her head cracked against the wall, stunning her, but she recovered in time to see what looked like a giant brass creature charge straight at Tordek. Pulling out a katar, she thrust it at the beast- and it bounced off. Rhys stared in horror at her dented katar as the beast turned to look at her.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Dannflower Reguba

Sage rolled his eyes, "Hey! Ya mangy excuse for a tin can! Yeah! That's right! I'm talking to YOU fright face! Why don't you go pick on somebeast your own size!" The squirrel stared the creature full in the face, locked in a battle of silence, "I'll give you one chance to leave them alone!"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Cable saw that arrows were pretty much useless against the monster so he pulled out his two daggars instead holding the one in his right paw in a reverse grip. He jumped and brought down a daggar into the beast's left eye.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rusvul

Rusvul knew there was no way that the group was going to take down the horrible... whatever-it-was with a frontal attack, they'd have to find its weakness... He searched for a gem, but saw none. Not a single crack or seam. He tapped it with a dagger, and it made a dull pinging sound. Not hollow. Thankfully, the beast was too occupied fighting the other foes to notice a small tap on the back of the leg. Though Cable's dagger had gone into the monster's eye, it had not killed it, though, it could no longer fight as well.
OOC: Is that line considered PP? I can change it, if it is.
BIC: Rusvul continued searching for a weakness...

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Idk, wait till hiag posts.

Amos, recovering once more, saw the weak-point now. On the peak of the monster's head, the was a slot. Exhaust came out of it, so, naturally, he thought it a weak point. He superheated his knife again, ran up the beast's tail, on to its back, and plunged in the knife.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Nay, tiz fine. Ah'll pozt tomorrov.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.