News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Tower of the Deep

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 13, 2013, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys sighed in relief. Nodding to Rusvul, Cable, and the hare, she said, "One of you can go first- I'll be the rearguard, since it was my idea to come through anyway." Then she called to the others gratefully. "Thank you! We found a hare over here- he's coming through too!"

OOC: I'm sorry, Rus! My brain wasn't quite at full-functioning capacity. (Of course, when is it ever?) I didn't mean to forget you, and I sincerely hope (can't promise, because it would definitely come back and bite me later) that I will never leave a comrade behind again.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Cable waved a paw at the hare. "How about our friend here goes first, seeing as he's been here awhile. I'll go next, and you can follow us Rhys." He glanced at the scorpion with an obvious look of contempt.  "I suppose that thing is coming with us?" he asked.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys shrugged. "I suppose so. It seems to be quite attached to that hare-" she paused, frowning, then turned to the hare. "I beg your pardon. We didn't get your name- I'm Rhys."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Dinte

"oh what . . . shame on me for not introducing my self" he stand up on the back on the scorpion and started walking toward the head of the scorpion and jumps off and the scorpion disappears in what looks like a fading of gases into the air and the strange mark on his forehead disappears along with the scorpion "i am Dinte Darkspear the summoner and the scorpion is my eidolon Fayt. I thank you for bringing me along wot." he grabs the staff and gets pulled through the barrier. on the other side he grabs some chalk and draws a circle with some symbols the one in the center was the one on his head. He then sits in the middle and begins a small chant and the circle and symbols glow
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

Norham Waterpaw

ooc: Hey, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to leave this rp. I have two that I am keeping though. (Retake Redwall and Norham) But a third rp is too much, with the amount of time that I have. I will try to be on as much as possible though. And by all means, THIS DOES NOT MEAN SHUT DOWN THE RP! Because yall seem to be enjoying it! ;D Have fun!
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Aw. Well I'm sorry that you don't have enough time to keep this one, too. :( Have fun with the other two though!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Aye, 'ave fun.

BIC: Cable sighed as the scorpion dissappeared. After the hare had gone through the barrier Cable grabbed the staff and was pulled back through the barrier. "Okay Rhys," Cable said, stepping out of the way to give her room to get through the barrier. "Your turn."

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys shook her head. "Rusvul's turn. I'm the rearguard, remember? Go on, Rus."

OOC: Rusvul came through the barrier and attacked the scorpion, so he's stuck with us, too.

Rusvul

Rusvul stepped through the barrier, marvelling at the large mauseleum-like room. There were large arches, and a row of greek sarcophaguses, all with grotesque faces that seemed to be screaming in agony. All of them were set with a large gemstone that the statue on the sarcophaguses seemed to be holding... One was greenish-grey, Rusvul gravitated towards that one...

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys reached for the staff and fell through the barrier, but she wasn't in the hallway anymore. And everyone else had disappeared- or she had. She was in a large room with a row of sarcophaguses. She shuddered: they looked tortured. They were all "holding" some sort of gem, and Rusvul was right ahead o her, looking as though he was being drawn to one. It gave Rhys a sick feeling, and she called out to him. "Rus! Rusvul!"

Dinte

just to the right of Rhys a little way dinte was just finishing his chanting and the glow went away and instead of him sitting on the floor he is sitting on his scopion. He finally notices the room around him "well this is an interesting place wot, looks like they are all tormented by these here gems i wouldn't want one but they do look shiny . . . very shiny" he starts to push the Fayt forward then he pokes him in the back with its tail "huh . .. what right don't want one"

Rusvul

Rusvul started walking faster towards the gem, in a trance. He picked it up...... A massive green glow eminated form the gemstone, and crawled up Rusvul's arm. It looked as if he was shattering slowly, and a green light inside him was being released. After a few seconds, he vanished, and the green orb shattered, sending shards in all directions, with a great wind, and a blinding beacon of light going upwards. After everybeast regained their eyesight, they saw Rusvul standing where the orb had been, flickering and wearing a green shimmering robe that seemed to be constantly changing between shades of green. Green tendrils started to snake out, enveloping the entire room in green. All of the sarcophagi vanished without a sound. A dark green jadelike throne shaped like a serpent grew out of the ground underneath Rusvul, and he ended up gracefully perched on it, seemingly asleep. When tentative steps were taken towards him, a great wind started to rush around him, and when he opened his eyes, they were glowing green. A glittery green rod formed in his hand, growing longer and then flickering twixt the form of a sabre, and that of a willow staff set with the green orb. It eventually settled on a sabre with a green pommelstone, very similar to that of the orb. Rusvul stood up, and pointed his sabre at each of his friends in turn. They all recieved a gemstone orb of their color, which made them glow respectively, and added a gem to somewhere on their weapon. The hall shimmered with many different colors, and by the time they began to fade away, all of the travellers had a new Focus for their magic, and felt they had learned some type of new spell. The fierce wind began to whirl around them all again, and as the glow in their eyes subsided, Rusvul raised his sabre, which flickered into staff form, and shouted "Chroma Praecantio Bannista!" All of the color in the hall faded, retreating into Rusvul's staff, and everyone's weapons. The shimmering green robes on Rusvul retreated, leaving him in his old garb, slumped over and exhausted.The last thing to fade was Rusvul's left eye, which was shining up into the rafters until the very last moment, with maroon-tinged green light. And then all was dark for Rusvul.

OOC: The idea here is that you get a new focus, and a new spell. Everyone, it'd be cool if you'd say what your color was, and the spell you learned, and yada yada yada. And btw, Rus is unconcious, not in some kind of magical trance, or dead.

Dinte

the hare stares at the bright purple gem that was latched into the blade of his glaive and then stares at the pure white gem on Fayt's skin that conflicts with his pure black skin. "well that was one of the most interesting things i ever saw wot" he hops off the scorpion and moves over to Rus "you okay fell . . ." he suddenly realizes he never hit the floor and sees he is levitating "now this is interesting to . . hehhe i can fly, hey fayt" he looks at where fayt was but he is gone then he turns around and sees fayt next to on the other side of the body and it slowly lifts Rus onto its back. "good thinkin chap . . . but how did you." it disappears and reappears next to everyone else and lays him on the floor. Dinte floats over to where everyone else is.

OOC: well just to let you know Dinte got a purple stone and can now levitate while Fayt got a white gem on his plated shell can now teleport anywhere in the present room or in my just move with a thought in the current room. also kit just to let you know i think your character who is shadow and hiding yada yada should get a black stone and can manipulate her shadow. that would add some spice to the character

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

The pommel of Cable's daggar on his left hip changed from a simple grayish metal colour to a bright sapphire-blue. He reached for it and pulled it out to examine it. It seems heavier than usual he thought, making to put it back in it's scabbard. suddenly a searing pain coursed through his left arm. He screamed in great anguish as the pain increased unbearably, starting from his shoulder and moving down until it completely enveloped his entire left arm. And then, it inexplicably stopped. The pain was gone, and he opened his eyes and looked at his arm and was surprised to see that his arm was now metal. Also strangely enough the daggar now felt light. What had happened to them?

OOC: Zae Cable'z ztone iz blue, an' 'iz nev zpell tranzformz hiz left arm intae metal.

Jetthebinturong

Dusk blinked, when Sedge had pulled the others out from behind the barrier everyone had disappeared apart from Murlo and, as far as he could tell, they had been transported to somewhere else. Unbeknownst to him, the entire group had been split up into groups and transported to different areas of the tower. Dusk looked around the room was dark, lit only by a small globe of light hanging from the ceiling, in the center of the room were six small obelisks, each had a different coloured energy emanating from it, one was red, one was yellow, one was blue, one was green, one was black and one was white. Each obelisk had a large circular hole in it. Just outside the circle of light were six arches, beyond each arch was a table with a flat stone upon it. Murlo walked over to one of the tables and picked up it's stone. The stone was round and had an engraving of a mountain on both sides "What do you suppose this is?" he asked the bat
"It is obviously some kind of puzzle, I think each of these stones fits into one of those holes in the obelisks, the image carved on the stone gives us a clue as to which obelisk it goes into"
"What do you think happens if we get it wrong?"
"Lets make sure we don't find out"

OOC: Okay seeing as the people who were behind the barrier are all together and everyone else has either left or been inactive I think Kanin is with Sedge. Tell me if I'm forgetting anyone

Quote from: Dinte on June 13, 2013, 05:15:07 AM
OOC: well just to let you know Dinte got a purple stone and can now levitate while Fayt got a white gem on his plated shell can now teleport anywhere in the present room or in my just move with a thought in the current room. also kit just to let you know i think your character who is shadow and hiding yada yada should get a black stone and can manipulate her shadow. that would add some spice to the character

I'm going to be introducing a character with powers like that when my guys get past their challenge so I hope she doesn't choose that
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan