Should there be guns in Redwall

Started by rachel25, July 16, 2013, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenixfoden

Quote from: rachel25 on July 25, 2013, 04:47:47 PM
Quote from: phoenixfoden on July 24, 2013, 01:05:28 AM
I can imagine romsca with a loaded flintlock close at hand
me too!
probly the best loot on a boarded ship so she kept it for herself ;)

Captain Tammo

Well, guns and redwall dont really go hand in hand in my head because it is taking two different eras and combining them. BUT, there are geniuses out there who build a first everything. I would be open to the idea, but if it was used in a controlled maner
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

rachel25

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 26, 2013, 05:00:13 AM
Well, guns and redwall dont really go hand in hand in my head because it is taking two different eras and combining them. BUT, there are geniuses out there who build a first everything. I would be open to the idea, but if it was used in a controlled maner
me too I wouldn't want just everyone to have a gun that would ruin the series BUT if as you said it was used in a controlled matter such as a handful of creatures ever had an early kind of guns then yes I would like that ;D

Rusvul

Yah. I actually wouldn't mind having a flintlock pistol IRL, but  I don't want any kind of revolver or machine gun. My opinion of guns: Flintlocks and earlier are cool, anything later is not something I want to be involved with, except maybe if it was directly tied to a flintlock somehow.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 26, 2013, 02:08:38 PM
Yah. I actually wouldn't mind having a flintlock pistol IRL, but  I don't want any kind of revolver or machine gun. My opinion of guns: Flintlocks and earlier are cool, anything later is not something I want to be involved with, except maybe if it was directly tied to a flintlock somehow.
Agreed. If it was a big killing machine gun or a huge missile or anything like that, it would ruin the series.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Shade

What about pepper bombs?? I'm sure that counts... ;D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 26, 2013, 02:18:20 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 26, 2013, 02:08:38 PM
Yah. I actually wouldn't mind having a flintlock pistol IRL, but  I don't want any kind of revolver or machine gun. My opinion of guns: Flintlocks and earlier are cool, anything later is not something I want to be involved with, except maybe if it was directly tied to a flintlock somehow.
Agreed. If it was a big killing machine gun or a huge missile or anything like that, it would ruin the series.

Alzae agreed. Zome gun zat juzt 'ad vone or zae zhotz in it might be okay, but nae zomezin' like a machine gun. Ah liked ze vay zey did it in Ze Vind In Ze Villovz. Mayhapz ye could juzt 'ave zome characterz tryin' tae figure oot gunpovder...? Makez for a major Fan Fiction ztory me zinkz...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

UNKN0WN

Question: Should there be guns in Redwall?
Answer: Yes.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aw! But nay, zere zhould nae be gunz in Redwall.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwaller

NO! Absolutely not, and that squirrel is ugly with a gun.

npa99

I agree with all the other posts, guns would ruin Redwall, but your fanfic sounds like something I would read.

The Shade

Quote from: Redwaller on August 10, 2013, 05:50:26 PM

YOU were the one that made the modern redwall rp!!!
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

rachel25

Quote from: npa99 on August 10, 2013, 11:20:16 PM
I agree with all the other posts, guns would ruin Redwall, but your fanfic sounds like something I would read.
thanks here's a link if you want to read what I've written so far
~Finding You~

Redwaller

Quote from: The Shade on August 14, 2013, 09:19:40 AM
Quote from: Redwaller on August 10, 2013, 05:50:26 PM

YOU were the one that made the modern redwall rp!!!
RPs and Fanfics are okay, but others say that they would have liked Brian to put guns.