Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Sandfire turned to the haremaid. "Us beasts? We're battling that wearat so we can continue a journy. Are yer from the Highlands? I can tell by yer accent."
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

Thanora saw that they were regrouping She got up and went over to them she was feeling a little better and was now able to think more clearly. This would be a good time to get her knife backe. She taped Sandfire on the shoulder.

"Hey do you think I could have my knife back?" She asked.     
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Sandfire had almost forgotten the knife which he still held. He was tempted to not give it back, it was a useful weapon, but after all, this was the otter which had saved his life earlier.

"Sure." he said, passing the blade.

Jukka the Sling

Jalie had heard Sandfire's question, but she was momentarily distracted, watching the battle. She suddenly realized she ought to answer the cat, and replied, "Yes, Ah'm from the Highlands. What's yer name?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shade

"Sandfire" he said. "And yours? Tell, which way are you going?" He wondered if the hare might be on the same route as them. If so, maybe she would help battle the wearet.

Jukka the Sling

"Mah name's Jalie. Ah'm not goin' anyplace in particular." She turned and pointed to the wearat. "D'ye need any help battlin' that beastie?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Faiyloe

Thanora took her Knife back. "Thank  you," She said then turning to the rest of the group. "I've got some sling stones don't know how much help that would be but at least it might distract him. Like misquotes they are not much of a problem but they can drive you crazy,"  

Norham Waterpaw

Hadrim saw Thanora, and for formulated the only plan his young mind could come up with.

"Woulds't thou mind if I took from thee, a sling stone?"
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Jukka the Sling

Jalie hadn't actually been told that the group needed help, but she quickly decided that they looked in need of it. She raised her paw. "Excuse me," she said, addressing Thanora, "besides slingstones, do ye bah any chance have an extra sling? Ah lost mahne awhile ago."

Faiyloe

Thanora looked skeptically at Handrim Why was he talking like that?... Oh no matter. she thought as she tossed him a stone. 

"Excuse me. Besides slingstones, do ye bah any chance have an extra sling? Ah lost mahne awhile ago." she herd some one say she tuned to see a strange hare.

"Unfortunately no. I do have a knife though but I don't know what good it 'ill do you," She replied holding out the weapon. So much for getting it back. "Sorry this isn't really the best welcoming comity," She touched her head as she said this and winced.   

Dannflower Reguba

Grudge decided that there were enough beasts gathered in the same spot to take a whack, "Die ye maggits! YARGH!" The wearat did another sideways cleave at about waist height.

"LOOK OUT!" The shrew had been watching and the badger leaped in the way of the blade. Despite blocking with his weapon he got bowled over, but the incoming ax HAD been slowed down.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Thanora dove and rolled painfully out of the way. Spiting some dirt out of her mouth she scrambled to her feet and ran till she was out of harms way (or as much as can be expected when you are fighting a big Werat) but still in firing range. She she took a sling stone from her pouch and loaded her sling.   

rachel25

Xant hadn't reached the group before the Werat had attacked again, he had stopped the way to chose a weapon from the dead weasels.
Xant had after a while chosen a rather nice dirk and a rusted sword, though the rust was too bad and the sword seemed strong enough.
When Grudge started swinging his axe again Xant was still on his way over. Taking out his sling, he loaded it with one of the few stones left in his pouch and with all this might, fired. He knew the stone wouldn't do any damage but maybe it would attract Grudge's attention and he would leave the others alone. Though deep inside him, Xant knew he did so Thanora would have time to make a plan as he was sure she would be.     

Jukka the Sling

Jalie noticed a bunch of dead weasels scattered everywhere. Thrusting Thanora's knife into her belt, she went to see if there was an adequate sword among the bodies. The haremaid soon found a chipped and rusted scimitar that looked like it would break sooner than not. "Och, well even if it breaks, if Ah can stab that wearat with this, he'll likely get tetanus and die eventually," she thought humorously. Jalie grasped the knife handle and rushed at Grudge; yelling "Eulallliiiaaa!!!" she slashed at the beast's footpaw.

rachel25

Xant saw the haremaid running at Grudge shouting and waving a sword. "No don't it won't work we've tried! STOP!!!!!!" Xant shouted. He didn't want a beast who might provide useful to get killed.