Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: That's some helmet.

BIC: Bladepaw would not let his new friend die. The horrible over-grown vermin would never stop his loyalty from over coming his fear of death. The foolish but brave hare made his charge again, but this time with axe in paw.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Shade

Sandfire was a strong desert cat, so he was surprised when the second stone he fired deflected off the wearat's helmet. Then he opened his eyes in shock as he watched Bladepaw dashing toward Grudge. "No hare, ye'll git yerself killed!" he yelled.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: @The Shade

click the banner

Faiyloe

Thanora thought I am going to die her eyes wide with fear and her breathing quickening. She took the bottle out of her sling and held her ground even though she knew that would probably be cut down. She was waiting for the right moment. When the Wearat was almost upon her she threw the bottle at him he was so big and so close that it was almost impossible to miss.  Then she ran.    

OOC: @ The Shade.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Sandfire frantically lit the javalin. He knew he had one throw, just like Thanora. Now! Summoning all his strength, he flung it as hard as he could.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rainshadow

Meanwhile, Cassius the thief was crawling about on all fours, seeing what he could find from the dead vermin's pockets.  So far, he'd found almost nothing, and what he had found was a bottle of grog.  Like that could do anything.  He pulled off the stopper and took a swig, grimacing at the burning sensation that went down his throat.  He quickly took the bottle from his mouth and put the cork back in it, wiping his mouth off on his sleeve.  Disgusting!  Absolutely disgusting!

Cas stood up, about to toss the bottle away, when a small rock smacked his footpaw.  He swore under his breath, about to turn around and throw the stone back, when he saw the worried face of Dan.  What was she doing here?  How many times had he told her to run?

The fox quickly rushed over to the she-cat, tripping over small rocks and branches all the way.  He tried to keep out of sight, knowing that if he got too close to the giant whatever it was, he'd be instantly killed.  "Wot're you doin' here, Dan?" he angrily whispered, his ears pinned to his head.  "I thought I told ya to run, an' whaddaya do?  Ya just stand there!  You'll get killed!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Well I'd like to see you throw a wooden javelin through an iron helmet.  ::) Also, you guys do realize that the oil and the fire are on opposite sides of the wearat right? BIC:

The wearat spat out a stream of the oil that had managed to get in his mouth, "YUCTH! Dah tase's awfulth!" He picked up his ax too soon, barely managing to clip his foe's ears. After his second failed attempt to squish the otter, he turned around, "You'll pay dear fer tha' missy!" The vile beast leaped in the air and brought his weapon crashing down on his opponent... "Tink fast! 'Cuz it'll be yer last!"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Thanora clasped a paw to her ear and dropped to the ground. She rolled wincing as her cuts and bruises rubbed against the rough earth. The ax smashing in to the ground a hairs breath away from her she scrambled up and towards the still lit javelin lying on the ground behind the Wearat. She picked it up it was now a burning like a torch and turned back to face it. "I could use some help here!"       

Dannflower Reguba

Grudge wasn't done, he swept his blade along the ground towards Thanora, thereby creating a cascade of dirt, rocks, and miscellaneous debris, "Shouldn'ta trown dah oil in ma face 'hotter!" 

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

"Ow," Thanora said jumping a few steps back wards and bringing her arm up to protect her eyes. She spat some dirt out of her mouth and hefted the pike saying "Oils not the last thing I'll throw at ya!" She aimed the flaming pike at the place where the shoulder piece connected to the chest plate near the neck and threw with all her strength causing her to skip backwards a few paces with the momentum.   

Leatho Shellhound

At that moment Bladepaw came up from behind and swung his axe toward the wearat's arm pit.

click the banner

Redwaller

Cedany bent her head down as rocks and dust flew everywhere. Hearing Cassius' unhappy comment, she took a scrap of paper and scribbled on it quickly. Frowning, she showed him the piece of paper: "First, I've started a journey, and I won't stop just for a giant monster. Second, I won't leave you alone!" She hoped Cassius would stop scolding her when she wanted to stay.

Another volley of rocks, bigger this time, hurtled towards the bushes; Cedany pushed Cassius down, protecting him with her body from any odd piece that flew lower. A medium sized rock hit her on one of her footpaws, twisting it painfully. She winced as the red-hot-needle-like sensation lanced through her leg.

Norham Waterpaw

Hadrim didn't like being ignored. In fact, he hated it so much, he was going to kill this stupid beast, armor or not. As dirt and rocks pelted him, it only strengthened his determination. He marched up to the wearat, clenched his teeth, and swung his axe as hard as he could.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

The javelin managed to wedge itself quite uncomfortably in his shoulder while another even more unpleasant sensation ran down his chest as something rather obnoxious hit a soft spot. Roaring, Grudge spun around smacking the hare off of him only to meet the ax of a maniacal beast that chopped at his chest. Luckily, the oil had slicked the plating down a bit, but the blow managed to put a small dent and abrasion on the armor. Yanking out the now sizzling javelin, the wearat retreated a short distance to get new bearings on the situation, his foes were now teaming up which could potentially make this a challenge.

Redwaller

Cedany got up slowly, as the pain started receding as she found that the rock had only hit it on the muscle, not hitting any bone or ligament, luckily. She saw the wearat growl and grunt as the others pelted him with anything they had.

Acting quickly, she grabbed the sling she had picked up, and started whirling it over her head, with a heavy pebble in it. Aiming at the left eyehole of the helmet, which was the weakest point she could see that could be hit rather easily, she let fly, hoping to catch it where she had aimed to.