News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Trolls' Plight: Dead RP.

Started by The Skarzs, April 16, 2014, 06:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Asher sighed. He had traveled far from his Northern lands, but it was still cold enough for there to be snow. He wrapped his cape around him. That didn't help much; his cape was only for his uniform when he was a general. It was getting late. He had not seen or heard another beast for several days. Now, he could see something off in the distance. It was too large to be a normal beast...

OOC: I'll post as the troll later

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"What was that about?" Bryony asked, watching him curiously.  She'd never been taught most of the dragon-y things, like the whole fire-follows-the-eyes thing. She sighed; Her past was NOT worth thinking about and so she was going to think about, or speak about it ever again. She saw a tasty-looking bit of moss up ahead, and bounded over to it, roasted it, and started to make very short work of it.

Wylder Treejumper

Fissk had finished the exhausting work of creating potions. He decided to do a bit of reconnaisance. With a wave and a word, he disappeared from sight. A whisper, and he flew off under power of magic. A turn around the woodlands, a few smal warding spells, and no one would be able to enter without him knowing. He set a few wards around the troll caves to stop detection, then flew to the north. Suddenly, he felt a surge of magical power. descending, he could tell it was divination magic... maybe a scrying spell or some such... He alighted in a tree and found himself looking at two dragons- white and blue. The white one was a skilled mage, as were most of his kind, but the blue dragon seemed friendly and naive... She was even eating moss, something no self-respecting dragon woukld ever be caught dead doing. She was fine. But the white one would bear watching. It would be difficult to ward the dragon, as they are instinctively attuned to magic. He decided it would be best to set a blanket ward that would alert him if the dragon ever cast another spell. It would be only the most basic of spells, as setting it over such a large area would be trying...
He flew high into the air, spiraling and diving for a few minutes in pure pleasure, then cast the spell over the all the woodland he could see, keying the spell to dragon magic...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

Ximoz looked at her "That, my dear girl, was a scrying spell, I was using it to communicate with Khaledarius, patriarch of the faeries, he sent me with a message to Nagrom, lord of the cave trolls offering him the support of the faeries in their inevitable war against those that hate them, namely the creatures of Redwall Abbey. He seems a bit more agitated than usual, I wonder what's goi-" he stopped, a puzzled look on his face "What the-" he swished his head from side to side "This bodes ill, this bodes not well at all" he breathed another fire into his claw "Ekat em ot Morgan, drol fo eht evac llorts" the fire disappeared but he felt no invisible force guiding him to his destination "What's going on? Wait, I think I know. Tceted cigam!" a plume of white light shot into the air and was sucked back into his body "Of course" he muttered "the trolls are finally preparing for war, though I wish they'd started just a bit later. Where on earth did they get a mage?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pyrus was nearing the caves of the cave trolls, he had been there many a time before and he remembered the way easily. As he passed through a space between two trees, he shivered a little, something wasn't right but the caves were right there in front of him, he flew towards them.

OOC: Choose Wylder, the dragon or the elf? >:D
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Fissk only cast a ward that would allow me to know when and where and what type of dragon magic spell was cast- He could have cast a spell that would block it, but casting it over the whole woodlands might have killed him- and the dragon would know he was being watched. This spell is non-intrusive, as it is a passive, general spell.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Cornflower MM

BVryony finished her moss and came back over to him. "Really? That's interesting." She commented, swishing her tail across the grass. " Completely off subject, but I don't suppose you're vegetarian too?" She asked hopefully.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 01, 2014, 10:21:13 PM
OOC: Fissk only cast a ward that would allow me to know when and where and what type of dragon magic spell was cast- He could have cast a spell that would block it, but casting it over the whole woodlands might have killed him- and the dragon would know he was being watched. This spell is non-intrusive, as it is a passive, general spell.

OOC: That spell is a guide spell, he was using one before but it stopped working when Fissk put up the wards around the caves, the reason the other spell didn't work was for the same reason, he's trying to get to the caves but the wards have hidden it.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Very interesting, I'm sure. But perhaps Ximoz could answer Bryony?

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Sorry, didn't see that

Ximoz snorted "No I am not, I like my food raw and bloody" his eyes glistened "I rarely get hungry however, not much need to eat when you can't die of natural causes"

Cornflower MM

"Ick. Meat." Bryony shuddered; The idea of eating meat was now now like suggesting that she eat her mother. In other words, repulsive. "I see...Still, don't you ever, I don't know, miss it? Eating, I mean." She asked. Bryony hadn't seen another dragon for quite some time, and generally asked questions to better understand the new creature she was talking to. Often it had earned her a whack on the snout. But since this dragon was not whacking her on the nose and merely answering her questions, she decided she liked him.

Jetthebinturong

Ximoz thought for a second "Occasionally" he admitted "but life is full of much more interesting things to do and cutting out the eating makes it that much more easy to do them" He paused "You're rather a unique kind of dragon aren't you? Who's ever heard of a herbivore drake? What's your name by the way? As you may have gathered from my conversation with Khaledarius, my name is Ximoz the Watcher"

Romsca

OOC: You said the dragons were in the north; are they as far north as the snow troll/fox?

Jetthebinturong

OOC: No, they were north of a specific location but not really in the north of the wood

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on May 01, 2014, 10:33:45 PM
Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 01, 2014, 10:21:13 PM

OOC: That spell is a guide spell, he was using one before but it stopped working when Fissk put up the wards around the caves, the reason the other spell didn't work was for the same reason, he's trying to get to the caves but the wards have hidden it.

OOC: Ah.

BIC: Fissk's wards around the cave had been triggered. The intruder detected was an elf, somewhat magical in nature, and was approaching the entrances to the cave complex. Deciding this was more of an immediate threat, he flew back to the caves and settled down to wait for the elf to come into view.

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington