News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Trolls' Plight: Dead RP.

Started by The Skarzs, April 16, 2014, 06:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

"Alright. I'll see you later, friend." Arya said, then stood yup, banged her head on the ceiling ("Ouch!") and went on to the room the troll's kept prepared for her.

OOC: That alright?

The Skarzs

OOC: Yeah, it's fine. Please remember how large Nagrom is, and that the ceiling is only low in a couple of places. ;) Arya should not bump her head quite that often.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Abbot Ggural? I asked a question... How does he want my help?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

The hedgehog smiled. "Yes, it is a wonderful home; a place worth fighting for. Which is why I have asked you here. You have heard of Trolls, no? They are a primitive group, and many have died at their hands. For the safety of all, they must be put down. You may question this, as this might go against our peaceful ways. And to answer that, I say this: sometimes, preserving the peace means to be a little non-peaceful. Will you help us in this?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Fissk gaped at him. He couldn't seem to find the words to express himself. "I, er, uh..." Then his expression hardened. "You want me to... exterminate... trolls? That... that is genocide!" He was having a hard time even communicationg his disgust. "That is completely against your code! Redwall Abbey is a place of peace and acceptance! How could you even contemplate such a thing? I visited here in the days of old Abbot Trendal, and I know such a thing would never even have been mentioned. As Father Abbot of Redwall Abbey, it is your duty to resolve troubles such as these without resorting to violence. You may not understand trolls, but neither have you made an effort to. They are sentient creatures with the same right to live as you." Here he paused. "Father, I will not aid you in this evil act. I beg you to reconsider. If these trolls have not attacked your abbey, you have no justification to war with them. I would ask you to think of the effect this will have on others. Surely, you do not want the young of Redwall to grow up in war! The founder of your order, Martin, was a warrior- but a justiciar. He did not seek war, he sought to liberate others from it." Finally, with an ominous look, he said, "Father, if this is what Redwall has become, I must leave it now. But remember... should it come to genocide, I will oppose you... violently, if needs be. Heed my warning, or much will be lost..."

With these words, Fissk raised his paws and spoke a few words of power. In a flash of light, he dissapeared to outside the abbey walls.

As he walked away, he looked back mournfully and shook his head. Such days as these could not end well... 
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

OOC: Intense reaction.

BIC: Ggural raised an eyebrow and curled his lip at Fissk's reaction. "Fine," he said under his breath. "But don't come back to us when your life is ended by those unworthy creatures. Times change, cat, and the change we will make by removing the trolls will be a better one."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Intense reaction to an intense subject- we're discussing genocide here! To make my reaction a bit more reasonable, genocide is what hapened during the Holocaust- the complete extinction of a race, ethnicity, etc. Not to be too extreme here, but thus, here, Redwall Abbey is essentially the equivelent of the Nazis during WWII.

BIC: Fissk worked a spell of finding and direction to the nearest troll lord. The trolls probably should now about this, he decided. It showed the nearsts troll lord as Nagrom, in a cave not too far north-west of here. He sighed as he worked a travelling spell. The days of travelling in leisure and enjoying nature were over.

He appeared outside of Nagrom's cave. He cast a spell of tongues and called out in perfect Trollish to the guards, "I would like to see Lord Nagrom. I have important information for him." The guards grunted in surprise and showed him in without comment. Very trollish of them. Fissk looked around, but Nagrom was not in the vicinity. He settled down to wait for a few moments.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

OOC: It's bad, I know. Ggural had his reasons, as unsound as they be. But yeah, Fissk's reactions and decisions were fine.

BIC: Nagrom heard something, and a Troll servant came in to tell him of another visitor: a wildcat. Rising, the large Troll bade his servant to show him to the newcomer.
"A friend, a troublemaker, and an unknown creature," he mumbled. "It must be the full moon that brings all this insanity."
The Cave Troll Lord strode after the other, finding Fissk waiting. Nagrom walked straight up to him.
"I assume there is an explanation for your entrance to my domain; speak plainly."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Unimaginative

Rane was furiously knocking on the gate, while Quincy stood behind him, still in shock. He hoped someone would let him in soon.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

The Skarzs

OOC: Sedle can be PPed. He's the gatekeeper.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Arya walked into the room, almost banged her head again, but managed not to, then she shut the door, and fell on the bed, asleep before her head hit the pillow, hence the falling.

Wylder Treejumper

Fissk looked up at the troll lord.
"Yes, Lord Nagrom. I have recently learned that there are forces at work to... exterminate you. I thought that you would wish to know this. Unfortunately, the peaceful creatures of Redwall Abbey have dwindled and become weak and warlike. They mean to be rid of your kind. This, I can not allow to happen. As a master of the arcane arts, I am at your service. However, unless war is inevitable, I will do nothing overtly aggressive. What would you have of me?"
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

"I have already heard some news of this. Many of our kind have already been destroyed, and our numbers begin to dwindle. So, you have been to the Abbey? Hmm. It is a sad time, is it not?"
The troll thought for a moment. "A mage? Well, that may prove useful. But for now, we wait until we know a little more, for I hope they might have a change of mind." He whacked Fissk playfully on his arm. "Don't go around messing with the other Trolls with your magic; we are resistant to it, but not invulnerable, and easily annoyed."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Fissk rubbed his arm where Nagrom whacked him. "Don't worry. I make it a point not to use magic whenever possible, and never use it to interfere with others. What is the point of going somewher if you can just wave a paw and say a word, and you are there? Or fletching if you can just conjure up an arrow? The joy of the skill is in the process. not the product." Here, he looked around. "Could you reccomend a place to stay? Caves are fine, but I don't know that you have a free one. Also, a place to set up my lab? mostly I can do without, but caution is warranted in times of war."
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

Nagrom grunted. "The cursed killings have left many chambers available. I will show you to a room. Come!" He walked quickly through a corridor, heading toward a door at the end. "There will be room to work with whatever you need. There is a table, a chair, and a bed; not much else, I'm afraid. If you require anything more, we will do our best to help. A moss blanket will be brought to keep you warm tonight."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.