News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Trolls' Plight: Dead RP.

Started by The Skarzs, April 16, 2014, 06:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Fissk bowed. "Thank you, Lord Nagrom. This discussion would best be continued in the morning." He turned around and began to unpack a few things from his travelling bag, then climbed in his bed and fell asleep.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

Dragons were a rare sight, more so than dryads anyway and apparently dryads lead really boring lives. As you might be able to guess, Umbra was still hung up on the dryad thing being completely pointless and, as you may have also guessed, he was watching a dragon, dragons are interesting. Umbra was supposed to be really mysterious and awesome and such but being around rare magical creatures kind of pulled that facade away. If you wanted to be kind you might call Umbra a magic fanboy, if you wanted to be unkind you might call him a monster nerd or something which would also be accurate. He was unsure what about magical creatures that fascinated him so, they just did. Not that anyone would ever know that of course..... yeeeeeeeeah.

The dragon gave a kind of huffing chuckle "I can feel your eyes boring into my back watcher in the trees" Umbra blushed, thank the gods the dragon couldn't see

"Maybe I'm deciding how best to kill you" he called back

"Oh please, as if you would even try. And judging by your elevated heart rate and over average body temperature, that isn't your intention at all" Umbra scowled

"You can hear my heart beat and tell my temperature WITHOUT looking at me?"

"Oh indeed, we dragons have exceptional hearing and my senses are more acute than most"

"Oh really?"

"Yes really, for instance I can hear a butterfly flapping its wings behind me, might make a good snack"

"That's barbaric"

"Coming from someone who lives in a tree that means very little"

"Oh I don't live here, just passing through"

"And yet you've been lying on that branch for at least twenty minutes, don't you have anything better to do than stare at rare winged lizards?"

"Yes but I'm lazy and I've never been this close to a dragon before"

"Few animals have so why is that important?" Umbra shrugged and began to make his way down the tree

"I don't know, dragons are cool I guess" the dragon chuckled again

"What do you think of the Fae? Trolls? The wereclans? Rocs? Goblins? Phoenixes? Gryphons? Oh hell, you're another one of those weirdoes who thinks non-animals are amazing or whatever! Khizak Badus I have no time for this! Access to the archives of the Fae is on the line!"

"What's so weird about being interested by mythbeasts?"

"Because if you find us so fascinating it means you think less of your own kind" Umbra paused

"I've never thought of it like that, now that I think about it, it's probably true"

"That's a bad thing, we are the minority, we will die out long before you animals and then you oddballs will mourn our loss and stuff like that when most of us REALLY couldn't care less"

"You don't care about your own extinction?"

"Oh Volos, I'll pick up my job again if I get spared from this insanity!"

Is that something I can hold you to Ximoz?

"By the twelve you listen to people's thoughts? That's so creepy!"

Umbra was puzzled "Uh..... what?"

Only yours Ximoz

"Voice in my head, wasn't talking to you. Volos, get out of my head! Of course you can't hold me to that, I was being dramatic!"

You need to be more clear

"I wouldn't need that if you weren't creepily listening in on my thoughts all the time!"

Swirling green flecks formed a green dragon's head in front of him "There is a thing called boredom Ximoz, there is not much cause for the dragon of growth to do anything if the dragon of destruction has not done anything in four hundred years. Though these destructive impulses towards the trolls nowadays do ring of Kaazak's style, subtly pulling strings from the shadows, you know?"

"Volos, I didn't quit my job because I wanted massive green dragons to invade my head when they got bored, I quit because it was boring and most of you are jerks"

"Wow Ximoz, it's like you think I don't have a heart, words can hurt you know"

"Sarcastic algaap"

"Wow, uncalled for. I'm just going to go back to wasting away in the citadel whilst creepily watching you without saying a word"

"Bloody stalker, you are a sin, it is a sin that you exist"

"Wow, that's even worse than calling me an algaap, I am offended, you have offended me"

"Stop saying wow, it's incredibly irritating also I had every right to call you an algaap, watching my thoughts is bad enough but straight up admitting it to my face and getting offended when I tell you to back off makes you one"

"Well excuse me for caring about my brother's wellbeing"

"Be a caring brother all you want, come and visit me in person but don't spy on my thoughts like a stalker, it's really, really, really strange and it makes me feel uncomfortable"

"I'm only checking up because Shylek asked me to, he's worried. That's not to say I don't spy on you all the time though, I only interrupted because Shylek asked me to talk to you"

"Tell him I said hi, I think he's the only one out of you all who doesn't resent me for my choice"

Umbra was thoroughly creeped out so he left quietly

"Oh please we got over you leaving long ago, except Kazaak and Gazhul, they hate you but other than that you're welcome to drop by the citadel any time"

"I'll remember that next time I feel like being around my dysfunctional family, now goodbye, you have things to do and I have places to go"

"Nah, I'm just gonna stay here and annoy the heck out of you, it's so easy to get a rise out of you, it's unbelievable!"

"Your mere presence annoys me, could you at least let me speak to Shylek?"

"No can do li'l bro, Chronicler duties and all that"

"Ugh, I am younger than you by two minutes can you please not call me that"

"Two minutes you would do well to remember little brother"

"If I was in the citadel right now you would be lying on the floor with blood around your face"

"Well of course I would, vow of pacifism remember? Still stronger than you though. Anyway, I have to go, an immortal just died and I have to talk them through it, byeeeeee"

"Goodbye. Next time I see you in person, I will end you"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

OOC: I can definitely see why Umbra would be creeped out.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OIOC: Um...Yeah. Interesting. Now then, perhaps it's time for Bryony to hear something, or something along the lines of that.....Heeheehee....*Evil grin*

BIC: Bryony was chowing down on some tasty moss when she heard something odd. Sounded like....A chuckle? Nah. She returned to her moss, but she was quite curious. "Oh, curses! I really, really want to see who chuckled, but then again, I really, really don't, after the last time I was far too curious....Ouch. Who knew acorns could hurt so badly?" She shuddered at the memory. She debated with herself for several more minutes, then her curious side decided to win the debate. She crept through the trees, thankful for her blue scales which were instant semi-camouflage, and then heard, "Goodbye. Next time I see you in person, I will end you" She crept closer, hoping to get a glimpse of whoever was speaking before they saw or heard her.....There was a fifty-fifty chance it would work, as she was most definitely not the stealthiest dragon in Mossflower. Or, for that matter, anywhere. Bryony nudged some leaves aside her her nose, and Holy Maples! It was another dragon!
She was thrilled, to say the least.Finally, someone she could talk to about dragon-ish things! Fae just weren't sympathetic. Maybe this one was vegetarian, too? She doubted it. She moved to wiggle backwards....And put one blue-scaled paw on a twig. Which promptly snapped. She winced, and shut her eyes.

Jetthebinturong

Ximoz looked around when he heard the twig snap and turned around to see a dragon who was wincing, he raised an eyebrow "Stealth clearly isn't your forte, either that or you have terrible luck. Open your eyes for heavens sake, I'm not going to kill you for snapping a twig"

Cornflower MM

Bryony trembled, debated, then opened one eye. This took about five minutes. "H-H-Hello." She squeaked, then shut the eye again. She was rather shy at times, and she wasn't too sure that this white dragon was friendly. Then she sneezed, and blew a puff of smoke. She trembled harder, as that habit was quite embarrassing to her.

Jetthebinturong

Ximoz rolled his eyes "Well okay, you stand there and be scared and I'll go and win my knowledge, farewell" and with that he walked across the clearing at his usual slow pace and went through two trees on the other side of it

Cornflower MM

That got Bryony's attention. "Knowledge, what knowledge?" She asked, scurrying over. "Er, if you don';t mind me asking." She added as an afterthought.

Jetthebinturong

Hmmmm Ximoz mused another knowledge seeker. Should I lie or tell the truth? he settled on telling the truth "In return for taking a message from him to the cave troll lord Nagrom, Khaledarius, patriarch of the faeries, has offered me access to the archives of the Fae which, as any good scholar worth his salt knows, is the single largest compendium of knowledge in the known world. That is a price worth paying for being subservient to a mortal, excuse me a second." he breathed another fire into his hand "Tcerroc ym htap etarucca a noitarf fo a ertemilim rehtar naht tsuj lareneg aera" this flame disappeared and he moved slightly to the left and continued on

Cornflower MM

"That's...Interesting. Doesn't mean much to me, but interesting." Bryony remarked, then noticed what color his fire was. "Nice fire color." She remarked, her fun-loving and rather Dibbun-ish side coming out.

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Um
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 07, 2014, 08:11:54 PM
Weapon(s): Natural defenses, breathes grey fire (This fire is magical and does not always burn (Dragon biology is complicated okay?)

Wylder Treejumper

Fissk walked into the cave provided for his laboratory. Opening up his bag, he chanted some words. Out floated tiny models of equipment, only to grow in size and become functioning pieces. Soon the cavern was filled with alembics, balances, bookshelves with books of all sizes in exotic languages, acid scarred tables, burners, mortars and pestles, and more. Fissk bent over his work, preparing potions of protection. After adding various ingredients to a boiling cauldron, he turned to a book and began rapidly reading aloud strange twisted words that seemed to hang in the air. The cauldron boiled green, then  Fissk took it and poured it into twenty glass bottles. Sweat poured down his face. He sat down at a normal looking table and said, "Xanthus!" All of a sudden, the tble was covered in all manner of food. He bent to eating with a will.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Whoops! Fixed it. I could have sworn that it was blue, though.....Maybe the blue fire was Bryony's? It's been to long....

Jetthebinturong

OOC: I believe you said Bryony's fire was green

Ximoz quirked his eyebrow "The fire follows the eyes, the fire of a dragon can be told by looking into the eyes of the breather, this should be evident to you" he breathed another grey fire into his claw "Worg" he said and it grew twice the size "Ekam a elcric" the ball flattened out into a disc "Yrcs" the disc floated into the air in front of his face "Wohs em siuradelahK, redaer fo eht seireaf" The disc grew misty then cleared to show Khaledarius' face
"Ximoz? Why are you contacting me? I need to prepare for council!"
"Still not done Khaledarius?"
"No as a matter of fact now please answer the question"
"I am making good progress, I am close to the caves now"
"Ximoz, that is of little consequence to me, tell me when you've delivered the message and don't bother me until then, goodbye"
"Fine, I just thought you'd like to know, farewell" the image clouded over and the disc disappeared. Ximoz muttered something under his breath and continued on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pyrus had run into a spot of trouble, five pixie bandits had surrounded him, he had no time to put his armour on but he always kept his swords close to hand. One pixie hefted a battle axe "I want you to know this ain't personal, we've been payed to kill ya, so we're gonna kill ya"
"You can try if you would like but I recommend you back off"
The pixie shook his head "Sorry mate, but we always carry a job through. GET 'IM!" Pyrus whipped out his swords and sliced the head off the first one to move, ducked under the swing of a broadsword and carved a line straight up the owner's torso and neck. He dodged to the side as one of them threw a ball of blue light at him which he presumed would have fried him to a crisp and proceeded to cut off her arm and stab her through the throat. He flung a ball of fire at the fourth pixie, incinerating them and turned to face the leader. He was hit very hard in the face with the butt off the weapon and collapsed onto the tree branch where the fight was taking place. He rolled back and a moment later the axe dug into the bark where his chest had been a moment before. Pyrus was forced to take evasive action again when the pixie abandoned his axe and went at the fire elf with a pair of spatha. Pyrus may have been the best warrior among the fire elves but the pixie matched him blow for blow, the sound of their swords clashing filled the air that the Fae would perceive, it probably wouldn't sound like anything to an ordinary sized creature. They locked blades and the pixie began to force Pyrus back "I said I'd kill ya, never failed a job in my life"
"Well you have now!" Pyrus kicked him in the shin, cut off his left arm and delivered a devastating kick which sent the pixie sailing off the branch.

Norham Waterpaw

Charlin had made it back out of the Abbey. Finally, I've rid myself of the torturous one. I have to fly this time. No chance leaving tracks to follow.

With that, he hovered briefly, then took off in the direction of the Troll cave.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?