The Missing Piece

Started by Edraithel, May 14, 2014, 11:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloweringStar

"Good. Kitty can only make biscuits." Randoll himself couldn't cook, and thought much of those who could.
Sekai de ichiban ohimesama. ;)

Cornflower MM

Graywing was passing by, and joked, "Only someday? Uh-oh, does that mean that your skills need a bit more work?"

Edraithel

"Perhaps. Well then I'll be off to tell the others when we leave. Get a good nights rest." Vera waved as she walked off.
That night Ingrid dreamed of the exotic fruit and all that could be made with it. She knew Vera and the others would try their best to find it.

"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

BlueRose

Jubilee woke early the next morning, before the sun rose, and crept outside and up onto the wall. Greeting the random-squirrel-on-duty, she went to the East wall and waited for the sun to come up over the far off horizon.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Edraithel

Vera stretched her legs as she rolled out of bed. To be honest she wasn't much of a morning person. She had stayed up quite late last night packing some things she thought would be useful for their trip. On a table next to her bed was a wash basin and pitcher. She shuffled over and grabbed the pitcher of cold water, pouring it over her head she gave out a small gasp as the shock of the cold hit her. Reaching blindly for her towel she stumbled around a little until she found it.
Once dried off and ready for the day Vera went off to collect the last of the things she would need for the venture. Stopping at the infirmary she picked up some herbs and plants used for things from stopping bleeding to stomach aches, it was good to be prepared. Then she went out of the main building to the armory that sat outside of the gatehouse. It really wasn't an armory but a converted toolshed. Abbey rules were that no one unless on guard duty or in a time of war was to carry their weapons within the abbey. An exception was made at certain days of the week for a small period of time so that the warriors that lived in the abbey could practice and train. Yesterday had been such a day. Picking up her two dirks she strapped on her weapons. Her last stop before finding Kitty and Randoll was the kitchens.
Ingrid was busy at work managing preparations for morning meal when Vera came in to the warm kitchens.
"Hey Ingrid, think you could have some bags packed with some of your good food for three travelers going on a quest after a mythical fruit?" Vera called to her jokingly.
The little mole smiled at her and beckened to three mice that had just finished stack the sacks of flour against one of the kitchens walls. "Hurr you'm three help Miz Verra wit hurr vittles. Make sure ta pack'in some flour and oter staples."
One of the mice looked to Vera and asked her, "How many days vittle do you need?"
"Make it about a week for three beasts. I'm not sure how long we'll be gone but if we start to run low we can forage."
After getting three haversacks filled to the brim Vera took them off with her as she went to breakfast.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Cornflower MM

Graywing woke up, and stretched. She smiled; It was going to be a good day, she just knew it! She washed, and put on one of her Abbess' Robes (She had quite a few, and all were exactly alike) She tied it with her favorite habit cord, and she was ready!

FloweringStar

Randoll, having woken early and done some archery exercises outside the Abbey, took a quick bath before heading down to breakfast. Seeing Vera carrying three heavy looking haversacks, he went over to her and silently offered to take them.

Edraithel

Handing one of the haversacks to Randoll, Vera said, "I was going to find you and Kitty after I had eaten. We leave soon after breakfast. Well better hurry or there'll be no food left."

BlueRose

Kitty walked quietly into Cavern Hole to get her breakfast, doing her best to catch the attention of no one. Seeing Vera and Randoll, she walked over to them. "Morning."
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Edraithel

Diana noticed Vera, Randoll, and Kitty standing together with the haversacks at their feet. It seemed odd to her because she had never seen all three of them together much.
"What are you three up to?" she asked.
Looking up at the badgermum Vera answered her, "We're going on a bit of a quest. It's really just a treasure hunt for this fruit that Ingrid wants badly. She enlisted my help and Kitty and Randoll are coming along."

BlueRose

Jubilee ducked subconsciously behind Randoll as Diana approached, finding no better place to hide. She knew she had no need to hide, but she did it anyways.

FloweringStar

Randoll turned and looked at Jubilee, and then smiled, reaching out and ruffling her headfur. "You won't have to do that anymore after we get back from our quest, Jubilee."

Cornflower MM

Graywing had stumbled down the stairs, and had just gotten her breakfast when she noticed Diana and the three questers, talking. So, she went over. "Good morning, you four! When you leaving, Vera?" She asked, stifling a yawn.

Edraithel

"Soon after breakfast, Abbess. I already have everything packed and ready."

Cornflower MM

"Oh, my! SO soon?" Graywing said, looking surprised.