What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthiasMan

I started it before, but never got the chance to finish it, so I'm rereading it.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Capn Greypatch

Anyone know who Carl Sagan is?
He too isn't alive anymore, but he was so inspiring and aimed to make science popular (particularily astronomy) ... I've learned a lot from him, and I love how he was optimistic of our future, despite all the weapons out there that could destroy our species in minutes. Like he said, 'We humans are capable of greatness'.
Ahem.
Anyway, for astonomy buffs like me, you gotta read (and watch the TV series) Cosmos - I just finished it not too long ago and I'm on to another one of his books, 'Pale Blue Dot'.

Eventually when I get through Pale Blue Dot and 3 other books waiting for me, I'll likely re-read some of my Redwall books, which I always do from from time to time. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Lily

Thanks for reminding me about Carl Sagan, Capn Greypatch! I've only read one of his books (Contact, of course) and I remember wanting to read more but I completely forgot about him for a couple of years... until now. What would you recommend apart from Cosmos?

I'm currently re-reading Loamhedge. I only read it once when it first came out.

Capn Greypatch

Quote from: Lily on June 29, 2012, 08:14:01 AM
Thanks for reminding me about Carl Sagan, Capn Greypatch! I've only read one of his books (Contact, of course) and I remember wanting to read more but I completely forgot about him for a couple of years... until now. What would you recommend apart from Cosmos?

I'm currently re-reading Loamhedge. I only read it once when it first came out.

No problemo! :)
I would recommend any of  his books really (though I haven't read all of them yet), except for Comet...he writes about the life of a comet moving throughout a galaxy, but it's a little gruelling, I must admit. :P
Demon-Haunted World is also great.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Dannflower Reguba

I just finished Tears of a Dragon from the Dragons in our midst series.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 29, 2012, 03:01:50 PM
I just finished Tears of a Dragon from the Dragons in our midst series.

Have you read them before?  Because I'm just waiting for the second book in the Children of the Bard series.  The first one in that series was really good.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

First time through the series... Next up, Oracles of Fire! (Series) By the way, is the Children of the Bard series good?

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

I liked the first book.  You may have a different opinion about it when you read it, but I liked it.  Oh, and BTW, Eye of the Oracle is really long.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I'm flipping through some pages of Girls in Pants by Anne Brashares. Great series
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

im reading dial l for loser a clique novel
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 29, 2012, 07:41:30 PM
  I liked the first book.  You may have a different opinion about it when you read it, but I liked it.  Oh, and BTW, Eye of the Oracle is really long.
HA! Not nearly as long as "The Bones of Mokaidos is going to be! I pulled it out of a box at Christamas time and could have sworn it was a brick!

psybox

"The Bones of Mokaidos is going to be! I pulled it out of a box at Christamas time and could have sworn it was a brick!" is an interesting name for a book.  back to seriousness, I'm reading the hobbit, by JRR Tolkien 

Redwallfan7

psybox

a Hobbit.  What do you think?  seriously, though, have you read lord of the rings?  I can't describe it if you haven't.