News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What are your favorite Bible verses?

Started by Icefire, August 29, 2011, 03:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Quote from: White One6193 on December 06, 2011, 09:51:41 PM
Quote from: Icefire on September 17, 2011, 01:07:30 AM
Quote from: White One6193 on September 09, 2011, 01:49:20 AM
KEN HAM IS  AWESOME!!! Ever been to the Creation museum

*sigh* Not yet, but I'd like to someday! First I have to figure out where it is...

It is in Cincinatti, Ohio.

My brother went there, and he said it was awesome. I want to go there someday soon, too.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

winifred

My fav is Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 there is a time for everything :)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Redwallfan7

I have several, but I really like

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life John 3:16
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ceteruler

Job 38:3a- "Brace youself like a man!" -God.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Nightfire

Job 41, of course. And the 23rd Psalm. (Who doesn't love that? The Lord is my Shepherd, and that's all I need to know. ;D) I also love the entire book of Genesis. And Hebrews 13:3. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Leatho Shellhound

My Favorite is John 3:16    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life".
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ceteruler

It's funny, John 3:16 isn't even the most quoted verse in the Bible! It's Matthew 7:1- "Judge not, lest you be judged."

Nightfire

I think the most quoted verse (for Creationisist, anyways) is Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

Griffen

im not sure lol but one of my favorites is Proverbs 17:17 "a friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity".

Redwallfan7

I really like the verses in psalms 115, 23, and 1
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Icefire

Quote from: Ceteruler on March 01, 2012, 12:18:51 AM
It's funny, John 3:16 isn't even the most quoted verse in the Bible! It's Matthew 7:1- "Judge not, lest you be judged."
So true and usually used WAY out of context.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

2 Peter 1:5-8

"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.  For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

This is my life passage, and I love it!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

REVIVE!!!

My father and I were playing a game on Sunday a couple of weeks ago.  We took out our Bibles and went to Proverbs.  The first verse you read was your Proverb of the day.  Mine was:

Proverbs 26:10

Like an archer who wounds everyone,
So is he who hires a fool or who hires those who pass by.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!