News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Mafia 2.5?

Started by Skyblade, July 22, 2015, 06:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Post your vote in bold. Vote changes are allowed.

A message to the Town:
2 (22.2%)
You have to kill
1 (11.1%)
a member of of the Mafia
2 (22.2%)
today
0 (0%)
or you will lose.
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

rrrrr

I say it was Gonff because he was the one who accused me, perhaps, out of fear of getting voted out.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Hickory

ROUND THREE (NIGHT) HAS BEGUN.

The friends had managed to assure themselves that the mafia would not strike again. Soren had issued invitations to a pool party, so everyone could chill, and everybody had accepted. Everybody had arrived and was hanging out inside the house, drinking sparkling cider and munching on gyro wraps that Corn had kindly brought.

"Hey, Eul, how's the fanfic coming along?"

Eulalia looked up from the plate at the questioner, Gonff. "Oh, fine. Not much to tell about it, I don't have a lot of time for writing." She wondered why Gonff had chosen to make some conversation, but he was a pretty friendly guy and she knew he was just being nice.

After everyone was suitably fed and watered, they all headed out to the pool and proceeded to enjoy the lavish, 200 meter expanse of water that Soren (or rather, his family) owned. Everybody congratulated him on the great idea, and Sky, rrrrr and leatho were not mentioned.

About fourty-five minutes after going outside, Corn dressed and said, "Well, I need to head home. It's 10:30, my parents will kill me, I have dance practice in the morning."

Soren had been laughing at a joke that Plugg had just told him, and tried to keep a straight face as he turned to face Sky. "Alright, alright. Everybody should go home, I shouldn't really have guests this late anyway."

Reluctantly the rest climbed out and dried off, then got cressed and gathered their things. "So, Corn, where to?" said Soren.

Corn pointed down the street. "Down seventh and a right on Elm."

The crowded main street stood between them and seventh. The group appraoched the area and were about to cross when a large SUV with tinted windows turned onto Main, temporarily blinding them all. A dark, unrecognisable figure darted forward and gave Corn a hard shove. She stumbled backwards onto Main street, no longer blinded, and time seemed to strech out. She gave a shocked look to no one in particular, then the SUV smashed into her.

ROUND THREE (NIGHT) HAS ENDED, WITH CORNFLOWER MM KILLED BY A SPEEDING CAR.

"So, Inspecter, whadda we got here?"

The inspector stood up from crouching over the body. "Eh, run over victim. Tire marks are covering the entire back, no fingerprints available. The entire group is back under police surveillance..." he sighed. "Wierdest case I've seen in a while. She was a doctor, too."

The officer assumed he was talking about the body.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

(By "Sky", do you mean Corn?)

I took the liberty of fixing the poll and memberlist for y'all; I hope nobody minds.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Dang, not Corny :(

I appreciate it, James ~

Everyone. I want to make it clear how dire the situation is for the Town. 7 people left. 5 are Town, 2 are Mafia.

Let's say you accidentally vote off a Citizen today. You'll be left with 4 Town, 2 Mafia. With the doctor dead, you are guaranteed another Town death. Tomorrow, you would have 3 Town, 2 Mafia.

The Mafia wins when its number is greater than or equal to that of the Town. You can have only one more wrong vote. If you kill a Citizen today, you MUST kill a Mafia tomorrow. Or you will lose.

Which is why it would be nice if you kill a Mafia today.

No pressure :P Just be careful and do your best, Town. Bring the Mafia to justice!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wylder Treejumper

Oh, shoot. Seems we're just about done for. I didn't realize there were two mafia.

It seems to me Soren falls under suspicion for inviting us all to the party. As it happened in his premises, he falls under suspicion. Plugg remains a suspect for previously stated reasons. The story also mentions Plugg and Soren together. I hereby cite them as my main suspects for mafia.

Of course, it is also possible the story is leading us in the wrong direction and another, more silent member is at fault- staying more or less completely silent is one strategy the mafia sometimes utilizes. The quietest thus far have been, I believe, Eul and Del, each having weighed in only twice.

I defer my vote on prospect of further discussion.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Eulaliaaa!

^ make that three times  ;)

Anyhow, I agree with Wylder on Soren. He is one of my suspects for sure. But I don't want to rush in and vote on him now, I want to make sure I'm voting for Mafia, not a Citizen.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Kitsune

With all of that money (lavish pool), it would be easy to hire mercenaries...

Delthion

I would go with Gonff, he has so far been gruff and short with the consequences of his comrades. So therefore it would make sense that the reason is because he killed them!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Soren and Plugg are my top suspects... it looks the the majority so far is going with Soren. I'm still not sure, so I'll wait before I choose who to vote for. But I'm leaning towards Soren.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wylder Treejumper

We should be very careful, and discuss this thoroughly before we vote. We have but two turns to kill the two remaining mafia, else we shall be eliminated. It's OK to take some time... the more discussion we have, the more likely it is the mafia slips up.

Once again, I note that I would hardly be avoiding mention of friends who are casually murdered around me. My tendency would rather be to discuss the subject quietly in corners, my back against the wall and my knife in easy reach. Tension brings out both the best and worst in me.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Gonff the Mousethief

Man, another one bites the dust,

I am also leaning towards Soren. I'm guessing it may be Plugg as well, for they need someone who is old enough to drive to hit Cornflower. Also, if we can figure out who the detective is, it will eliminate one person to look at.
Okay, something just hit me. When I asked Eul the question, she said she didn't have much time to write. It may be hinting that she is busy plotting/killing people instead of writing. If so, this could mean it could be Soren and Plugg, Soren and Eul, or Eul and Plugg.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

It's not me. I was surprised as I was reading the story, but not surprised everyone's turned against me.
I have no idea who it is. Maybe Eul, as she's sorta thrown into the story. But I have no idea.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Quote from: PluggFiretail on July 29, 2015, 03:12:40 AM
With all of that money (lavish pool), it would be easy to hire mercenaries...
His parents owned it.

Hickory

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 29, 2015, 05:32:39 AM
Man, another one bites the dust,

I am also leaning towards Soren. I'm guessing it may be Plugg as well, for they need someone who is old enough to drive to hit Cornflower. Also, if we can figure out who the detective is, it will eliminate one person to look at.
Okay, something just hit me. When I asked Eul the question, she said she didn't have much time to write. It may be hinting that she is busy plotting/killing people instead of writing. If so, this could mean it could be Soren and Plugg, Soren and Eul, or Eul and Plugg.

Everybody, listen up.

Whenever the mafi strike, ALL LIVING PLAYERS WILL BE TOGETHER. The car driver was not a plaer, it was simply a mafia henchmen.

Eulaliaaa!

... then wouldn't we need to find the henchmen too? Or, are they just being forced into this or something?