News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Across the Sea: Plotting and Discussion (the slow RP)

Started by Osu, April 16, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Title for the RP thread?

Riddles From the Abbey
1 (10%)
Across the Sea
3 (30%)
In Search of Treasure
0 (0%)
Treasure Seekers
0 (0%)
Treasure Hunt
1 (10%)
The Pondering
2 (20%)
Riddles on the Sea
3 (30%)
Seas and Riddles
0 (0%)
Riddles and Sailing
0 (0%)
Treasure on the Sea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 01:47:08 AM

Osu

Basically, a roleplay wherein posting is not expected to happen quickly... for those of us who are new to RP, have busy schedules off the internet, are just plain slow at posting, or who are interested for whatever reason. ;)

Here's what we've got so far... I'll keep this top post updated as plotting and events occur over the course of the RP.

The RP thread.

Rules
Maximum of THREE characters per participant.
This RP is attempted canon; if it isn't in the books, it's best left out here.
There will be no specific posting order. All plotting will be done in this thread.

Plot
A group of Redwallers and Long Patrol hares journey across the sea in search of treasure, a riddle as their only guide.

Characters
Ash and Tom
Played by Rainshadow
Zoa Torsorem and Cap'n DePerrit IV
Played by W0NWILL ;D
Sarn't Otto and Poppy
Played by Osu
Friar Morro
Played by Blazemane
Lauria
Played by Redwaller
Daniel
Played by DanielofRedwall
Calanthe and Terence
Played by Gonff
James Bonhay
Played by estar222
Jaro
Played by Corvo
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Para the Mite

I've sat here staring at this for several minutes, trying to think of how/if to respond. lol, I want so badly to jump around and scream, "omg, me, me, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" but the whole "staring at a screen blankly for a few days" makes me so...undecided. Dx

I lose interest if things move too slowly. Know what I mean...? lol
'Paws of wrong meet paws of right,
As autumn leaves would turn.
Fates entangled in dawn's cruel light,
Where the lizard fires once burned.
The shadows of evil walk with thee, thy babe,
Dare ye wish it not to be true?
Wouldst thou seek the path of right,
If it brought only pain to you?'

W0NWILL

A good, slow RP would be great for me. Good to take things slow once in a while. I don't have a plot idea yet, but I'll think on one.

Thomas Barkshield

I would like to join its okay, a slow RP has more chance to get a real story going, and not just killing an entire army in 4 posts.

Osu

Para - I know what you mean, no worries. ^^

W0NWILL and Thomas - cool beans, guys! What kind of story would you be interested in? Something with a lot of adventuring, or something more centered around one area? We could go pirating at sea, or solving riddles at the Abbey, or doing something hare-ish at Salamandastron, or or or.... all kinds of things. I'm getting excited now. ;D Anything you're interested in particular?

W0NWILL

Maybe a group of Salamandastron hares is going after a vermin ship? Combine the first and third of your ideas, y'see. Or maybe, a ship of Redwallers and Long Patrol hares are going after a treasure mentioned in a riddle. I'm thinking for my own ideas.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'll join! Zlov an' zteady vinz ze race, no?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Thomas Barkshield

I like the vermin chasing idea, but perhaps salamandastron could also be under siege?

Rainshadow

Ooh, I'd love a good slow RP!  Lol, I feel as if I'm not on enough to post in those fast-moving ones.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

I think I'm going to join this, since I'm the slow posting RP player since of late. XD

And I like the idea of Riddles in Redwall

DanielofRedwall

I'd be interested in joining, if you are fine with that.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dannflower Reguba

You've got my attention.  :) Figures all of the "oldies" are coming back when it's labeled slow.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 17, 2013, 05:01:03 PM
You've got my attention.  :) Figures all of the "oldies" are coming back when it's labeled slow.  ;)

Hey, who you callin' an oldie?  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Daniel, Head, and Osu.  :P  :D Where's Skipper! And Tiria!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Osu

Great, welcome aboard, all of you! Looks like we've got enough people, haha. ;D So onto thinking of a plot. Of the suggestions so far, I think W0NWILL's Redwallers + Long Patrol hares sailing after something from a riddle is a good combination. That sounds potentially really busy for one thread but I'm sure we could make it work. What do you think? You chappies who just joined up, what are your preferences?

This is likely going to take rather a long time to complete, let's use a plot you're all interested in! ;)